Rare Easter Egg in Banjo "Battletoads, Killer Instinct, Jet force Gemeni" in Pipeline

sleepy180

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
http://www.crankygamersuk.com/?p=888

IMAGE_003.jpg

The new Jet Force Gemini has the potential to be the most awesome game ever if they don't turn it into a surprise scavenger hunt fetch quest at the very end like they did in the first game. Seriously, that ticked me off to no end. I hated Rare's scavenger hunts and loved JFG right up until that point. Ticked me off so much.

New Killer Instinct? That would be cool, too. I was never much of a fan, but I enjoyed playing KI Gold.

Hopefully this isn't just a joke.

They all have potential to be awesome. Rare really needs these games to be perfect =) I'm definately looking forward to KI3 (w/ good online play code) and a new Battletoads (w/ 4 player co-op campaign).

[quote name='greyzieoriental']RARE fell off after Goldeneye[/QUOTE]

Man, I was playing Goldeneye last night with some friends, and it still holds up damn well. We having a great time. :D

I tried to hold the candle for Rare, but they are done. Banjo was like a cruel stake to the heart of old-school fans.

Plus, they're always teasing at the stuff we really want, but then they don't make it. Anyone remember that Christmas card with the KI3 stocking or whatever it was? Yeah, we still have no KI3. Screw Rare.

[quote name='Treehouse Gamer']Obviously it's a joke.[/quote]

Yeah, if they just hinted at one title, then I'd believe it. They mention several titles, so of which have been highly requested/rumored to be in the works for a long time. I'd love to see Battletoads, but but it's been years since one of those came out. I was in Kindergarten when those things were released! Besides, this rumor is there way of fueling that Gamestop/Battletoads joke that was somewhat big a few months ago.

Battletoads Vs. Double Dragon: The Ultimate Team (SNES) on VC/XBLA/PSN, please!

Best (console) Battletoads ever.

[quote name='Rig']Battletoads Vs. Double Dragon: The Ultimate Team (SNES) on VC/XBLA/PSN, please!

Best (console) Battletoads ever.[/QUOTE]

Make it 4-player-online-co-op then it will be the best game ever.

Yeah, Perfect Dark had counter-operative mode and me and my friend still bitch about what a dick the laptop gun is. Plus the lag-tastic n-bomb and tranquilizer guns (our favorite matches, drunken style and slow as shit).

I... want to believe in a Jet Force Gemini 2. It's kind of cruel to jerk my emotions around like that.

bread's done
Back