RARE GAME ALERT PS2 Breath Of Fire Dragon Quarter $19.99 Amazon Prime

[quote name='Kaiser499']I wouldn't call it rare.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, its the first time i found it cheaper than $35 or so and always wanted to pick it up.

so how about ok deal for not so rare but ok RPG?

This game is one of my FAVORITE RPGs of all time.... the storyline of starting out very deep underground and trying to get to the surface was original at the time and so was the whole dying and restarting to get new cutscenes mechanic. Rare or not, I highly recommend it!

[quote name='Sito']I can't tell if this is a joke. The game sells at Gamestop for 5.99 and goes for 2-4 dollars on Ebay[/QUOTE]

I wanted a new sealed copy not some dragged through the mud POS off ebay. find a new copy for $4.00 and i will gladly buy it.

[quote name='Sito']I can't tell if this is a joke. The game sells at Gamestop for 5.99 and goes for 2-4 dollars on Ebay[/QUOTE]

Where are you guys seeing this? There were only 2 sold recently on eBay and they went for 19.99 and 29.99 shipped.

Are you looking at gamestop used price and used or active ebay prices? Because you clearly can't compare those to sealed game prices, even if they're worth the same to you.

Hey now, any intelligent shopper can get fantastic deals on perfect condition copies of things off of ebay. It's Gamestop where you get the "less than perfect" stuff.

Lol I passes up on this game under 8.99 countless times. It's common. Maybe not super common but i find complete ones every other gamestop in great to mint condition. Only reason not to get it there if u plan to keep sealed and never play it.

Terrible game that destroys the good name the last four games created. That and the game is not rare.

So $20 for a crappy common game.

Where's the deal again? :whistle2:k

While some will "debate" whether the game is rare or not, I appreciate the thread OP. I wasn't even aware the game existed - gonna have to check it out. :)

[quote name='NYCgamer']I wanted a new sealed copy not some dragged through the mud POS off ebay. find a new copy for $4.00 and i will gladly buy it.[/QUOTE]

Damage control.

But seriously, a price difference that much, you could probably find the game in pretty decent shape used, considering most people that own these games aren't little kids who scratch the hell out of the discs.

[quote name='Jedah Doma']Terrible game that destroys the good name the last four games created. That and the game is not rare.
[/QUOTE]

What I'd give for something along lines of direct squeal or remake of Breath of Fire IV. I almost forgot about this series. Shame.

its not perfect, but in my opinion it is still must play if your a jrpg fan. The battle system is fantastic. The music is also superb. The game mechanics do have a lot of odd things, which won't be to everyone's taste, but they still work ok. All of the game takes place "underground", you have very limited use of the biggest special power that will actually kill you and make you start the game over if you use it all, this power limit also raises a bit on its own during normal playtime, like a countdown timer. This time reaches the end, your done. Starting over, but you can transfer somethings to the "new game". Its easy to avoid this problem, but it is interesting, and unique. Especially since the last boss can be a pain in the A** if you didn't save up enough of this power, that's when things start to get interesting and tense

God I feel old, it was only yesterday that this game was bargain bin fodder....you couldn't give them away, almost everyone's tradelist contained a copy.

[quote name='Xenogears']its not perfect, but in my opinion it is still must play if your a jrpg fan. The battle system is fantastic. The music is also superb. The game mechanics do have a lot of odd things, which won't be to everyone's taste, but they still work ok. All of the game takes place "underground", you have very limited use of the biggest special power that will actually kill you and make you start the game over if you use it all, this power limit also raises a bit on its own during normal playtime, like a countdown timer. This time reaches the end, your done. Starting over, but you can transfer somethings to the "new game". Its easy to avoid this problem, but it is interesting, and unique. Especially since the last boss can be a pain in the A** if you didn't save up enough of this power, that's when things start to get interesting and tense[/QUOTE]

Well said, I really enjoyed this game and would highly recommend it.

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']God I feel old, it was only yesterday that this game was bargain bin fodder....you couldn't give them away, almost everyone's tradelist contained a copy.[/QUOTE]
I got 4 of these from circuit city for under 3 dollars a piece. Gave 2 to friends and kept the other two. I still have one unopened and one opened copy. I wish i would have never opened it I really don't care for the game

[quote name='Jedah Doma']Terrible game that destroys the good name the last four games created. That and the game is not rare.

So $20 for a crappy common game.

Where's the deal again? :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

BoF: DQ was good in its own right, just like the previous games. It had a good story and some pretty interesting characters. People dislike it is because of the high challenge the gameplay presents, and the focus on restarting to get the best D-ratio.

I recommend it for the game's going rate of

gamestop used to have so many copies of this game a few years ago, People didn't want it then, why would they pay 20 to play it now?

[quote name='UnrealZero']That game is far from rare plus one the most annoying rpgs and it soiled the Breath of fire name.[/QUOTE]

Dragon Quarter has the best battle system and best music of the Breath of Fire series. It does some things different, so I can see people not liking the change, but the music and battle system, and the fact that it has some gameplay elements that are still to this day very unique makes it very worth playing. BOF;DQ is different from other BOF games and jrpgs, but is not worse than any other BOF game, it is one of the best in many ways.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']I got 4 of these from circuit city for under 3 dollars a piece. Gave 2 to friends and kept the other two. I still have one unopened and one opened copy. I wish i would have never opened it I really don't care for the game[/QUOTE]
Gee thanks, Circuit City to further portray my aging lol, I miss them so much, good times...

[quote name='xenogears']dragon quarter has the best battle system and best music of the breath of fire series. It does some things different, so i can see people not liking the change, but the music and battle system, and the fact that it has some gameplay elements that are still to this day very unique makes it very worth playing. Bof;dq is different from other bof games and jrpgs, but is not worse than any other bof game, it is one of the best in many ways.[/quote]
+1

[quote name='Xenogears']its not perfect, but in my opinion it is still must play if your a jrpg fan. The battle system is fantastic. The music is also superb. The game mechanics do have a lot of odd things, which won't be to everyone's taste, but they still work ok. All of the game takes place "underground", you have very limited use of the biggest special power that will actually kill you and make you start the game over if you use it all, this power limit also raises a bit on its own during normal playtime, like a countdown timer. This time reaches the end, your done. Starting over, but you can transfer somethings to the "new game". Its easy to avoid this problem, but it is interesting, and unique. Especially since the last boss can be a pain in the A** if you didn't save up enough of this power, that's when things start to get interesting and tense[/QUOTE]

Yup this RPG will kick your ass which made it so much fun for me. The music and the battle system are my favorite of all rpgs I've played on the ps2. I enjoyed the system over lay system as well which revealed more of the story with cut scenes each time you beat the game. I love this game greatly though I wish it wasn't bof and just a new rpg from capcom since they overhauled so much of bof you wouldn't recognize Ryu or the frail and sick looking Nina.

This game is the original Demon's Souls, basically.

Very little tutorial, unrepentant difficulty, support for infinite playthroughs.

I love it.

Absolutely love Bof 1 and 2. 3 was alright. Never played 4. And this one aggrivated the piss out of me. I don't have patience for games like this though. If you can deal with difficult and repetativeness I'm sure you'll like the game though.

[quote name='NYCgamer']I wanted a new sealed copy not some dragged through the mud POS off ebay. find a new copy for $4.00 and i will gladly buy it.[/QUOTE]

I don't take you've shopped much from eBay...

For a new copy, this isn't a bad price, but you could get it for a bit cheaper here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Breath-Fire..._Games_Games&hash=item43abfa0e18#ht_500wt_706

As for the game itself, I didn't find it as difficult as people make it out to be. It has a great story and a unique battle system. It's my favorite BoF game and my second favorite PS2 RPG. My only complaint is that you have to replay the game multiple times to see all the story sequences.

[quote name='nikkai']If this was Suikoden 2 for 19.99 + amazon prime... then we'd be talking... =D[/QUOTE]

Ha. I would kill for that price.

[quote name='haveacigar_46']+1[/QUOTE]

It seems there are as many people that like it as hate it. So if you hate it dont buy it but i happen to enjoy a challenge go for it.

bread's done
Back