rare ps2 games

[quote name='TheDiminisher']Rule of Rose is probably the rarist game I know of. It's banned ohmost everywhere and barely made it to where I am. I have only seen 1 copy on a shelf 1 time, and I bought it.[/QUOTE]

why is it banned?

[quote name='TheDiminisher']Rule of Rose is probably the rarist game I know of. It's banned ohmost everywhere and barely made it to where I am. I have only seen 1 copy on a shelf 1 time, and I bought it.[/QUOTE]
It was canceled in Europe. It wasnt banned in the USA

Actually, the rarest PS2 game is probably Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence Limited Edition.

Now THERE is a title that actually WAS limited -- I think only certain retailers got it, and even if they did -- it was like 1-2 copies per store. Kojima made sure of it.

Since then, any other game that bears an LE or CE moniker purely does so for marketing purposes. None of the others compare with the rarity that was MGS3 LE.

[quote name='romeogbs19']Actually, the rarest PS2 game is probably Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence Limited Edition.

Now THERE is a title that actually WAS limited -- I think only certain retailers got it, and even if they did -- it was like 1-2 copies per store. Kojima made sure of it.

Since then, any other game that bears an LE or CE moniker purely does so for marketing purposes. None of the others compare with the rarity that was MGS3 LE.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know, thing was I couldn't justify its cost back then and just got the regular edition, I would of like to have the existence disc, plus I thought the cover was cool, but it wasn't worth the extra money. Great game though, it was o nice to finally have control over the camera in the game.

I'm glad my GameStop didn't screw me over on my pre-order of MGS3: Subsistence LE. Wish I didn't open it though. The outside LE box and the Existence disc only make the game $100+ more.

picke up my copy of MGS3: Subsistence LE used off of ebay a couple of years ago. i think i paid around $100 for it. it was mint enough for me, the outside box had some minor damage, but the discs were perfect.

i had not even played the original mgs 3 until way after the le was released, my backlog for ps2 was hugh at the time, still is, but mgs 3 ended up being my favorite of the series, and after playing through it i had to track down the LE version, glad i did.

[quote name='ctrek3']picke up my copy of MGS3: Subsistence LE used off of ebay a couple of years ago. i think i paid around $100 for it. it was mint enough for me, the outside box had some minor damage, but the discs were perfect.

i had not even played the original mgs 3 until way after the le was released, my backlog for ps2 was hugh at the time, still is, but mgs 3 ended up being my favorite of the series, and after playing through it i had to track down the LE version, glad i did.[/QUOTE]

Funny part is I bought both MGS 2 & 3 regular editions and then bought the newer ones only to give my nephew the regular editions of both, since I didn't need'em anymore. He's gotten a lot of games from me that way. :lol:

[quote name='uncle5555']Yeah I know, thing was I couldn't justify its cost back then and just got the regular edition, I would of like to have the existence disc, plus I thought the cover was cool, but it wasn't worth the extra money. Great game though, it was o nice to finally have control over the camera in the game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the real bonus for the LE was the extra movie disc that turned MGS3 into a film. It even added the fight scenes using the engine to make it appear more like a film.

I've heard that Dual Hearts has the lowest print run of any PS2 game. Because of its low demand, it can be had for pretty cheap.

Gamestop sells it used for $3, so there's not much to lose if it never gains value.

I never understood collecting... seems like a good way to have a few games worth a lot of money, and a full shelf of games you'd be lucky to get rid of for more than $3 each.

[quote name='ecliptic66']I never understood collecting... seems like a good way to have a few games worth a lot of money, and a full shelf of games you'd be lucky to get rid of for more than $3 each.[/QUOTE]

Yeah -- the fun with collecting is more in the chase than the acquisition. I admittedly got obsessed with having to get games in certain conditions or complete or whatever. Looking back, I sort of wish I hadn't spent so much time on it all, but that said, I also enjoy the fact that I have a fairly solid game collection of an entire generation.

I'm not one of those collectors though who buys every freaking game merely to have it. I like to go after the good/great games that fall slightly under the radar (there were a lot of them during the last generation). I of course have the big titles, too. I think when times comes to part ways with my collection, it will be in one giant posting -- meaning everything I have during that era -- systems, magazines, posters, collectibles, the whole shabang.

I picked up Xenosaga 3 with box art and manual from Gamestop earlier in the week. I'm not sure how "rare" it is to other people but that was one of the harder ones I've had a time of finding. Granted I paid 19.99, it wasn't horrible considering that there are only 2 more episodes of Xenosaga left if they complete series and I have 1, 2, 3 and 6(Xenogears).

[quote name='Mad39er']I picked up Xenosaga 3 with box art and manual from Gamestop earlier in the week. I'm not sure how "rare" it is to other people but that was one of the harder ones I've had a time of finding. Granted I paid 19.99, it wasn't horrible considering that there are only 2 more episodes of Xenosaga left if they complete series and I have 1, 2, 3 and 6(Xenogears).[/QUOTE]

That's a pretty good deal. I paid $50 to pick up all three :) complete, perfect condition and all the original black-labeled releases. Of course, it's a set of games I haven't got around to playing (like most of my games) but I'd heard so many good things about it that I had to make sure I got them before they were all gone.

bread's done
Back