Rare/uncommon/sought after games you own?

[quote name='flow.of.soul']um u nvr metioned u got it off ebay or anything i was going off the details u gave. dont be such an ass[/QUOTE]

Not my fault you didn't comprehend my statement. You were an ass first by calling my actions dumb, I simply defended myself. Guess being called a num-skull is a bit tramatic. ;)

Sorry if I'm being so crude, I'm usually never this mean. :whistle2:# usually...

does bust a move 3000 count? i got a copy but its ebay price is pretty close to the gs price. i have two copies of mgs ts, one regular (ive seen tons), one players choice (which ive only seen once)

Not many rare games at all here. Let's see, though.

Nes
Earthbound Zero (or Mother-english version in cart)
Ninja Gaiden 1-3

Snes
Earthbound (not complete, but really nice)
FF3 (see Earthbound's description)

All I can think of that might be worth something. You basically have to find these things in store otherwise if you look online and it is valuable, then those proces will be bloated. So store's the only option and it's hard to find rare games in store.

[quote name='roland13x']I don't really understand why BG: DA II is considered rare. I'm looking at the June NPD numbers, and over its lifetime, it sold over 150,000 copies on the Xbox. Hell, it sold more copies than the original (114,000). Doesn't make sense to me.[/QUOTE]
Obviously you don't know what the hell you are talking about. 150,000 copies aint crap in the big scheme of things. 8 Million+ units with 150,000 copies to go around. You do the math, again.

Two days ago, I was blessed like it was nobody's business. I went into a store in a town I have never been to in my entire life. I found a factory sealed copy of the Mother of all finds.(Well at least in the top 5). MARVEL VS CAPCOM 2 for the XBOX!-$9.99!-HALLELUJAH!

NES:
Aladdin Deck Enhancer
Baseball Stars II

Burgertime
Dizzy (Aladdin)

Dragon Quest I (Famicom)
Dragon Quest II (Famicom)
Dragon Quest III (Famicom)
Dragon Quest IV (Famicom)

Fantastic Adventure of Dizzy (Complete)

Faxanadu (Complete)
Final Fantasy III (Famicom)

Maniac Mansion

Metal Gear

Micro Machines (Aladdin)

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!

Tecmo Super Bowl (Complete)

Wall Street Kid

SMS:
After Burner
Shinobi

Wonder Boy

Genesis:
El Viento
Raiden Trad

Sonic 3D Blast

Strider

Thunder Force III

SNES:
Demon's Crest
Joe & Mac 2

Pocky & Rocky
Soul Blazer

Stunt Race FX

Super Mario All-Stars (x2)

Super Metroid (x2)

Super Punch-Out!!

Jaguar:
Iron Solider (sealed)

Saturn:
Darius Gaiden
Fighter's Megamix

Nights

Playstation:
Bushido Blade (Disc only)
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (GH)

Final Fantasy Tactics (GH, sealed)

Intelligent Cube (Disc and Manual)

Parasite Eve (x2)
Resident Evil (Jewel Case, non-GH)

Strider 2 (Disc only)
Tomba 2
Tomba!

Nintendo 64:
Blast Corps (complete)
Conker's Bad Fur Day

Ridge Racer 64
Super Smash Bros. (Complete)

Dreamcast:
Marvel Vs. Capcom 2
Power Stone 2 (Disc only)

Shenmue

Street Fighter III: Third Strike

Playstation 2:
Disgaea 2
Dual Hearts

Escape from Monkey Island
Fatal Frame III (sealed)

God Hand (sealed)

Gradius V

Grandia II

Growlanser Generations Deluxe (sealed)

Karaoke Revolution Volume 3 (sealed)
Mobile Suit Gundam: Federation vs Zeon (Japanese)

Raiden III

Romancing Saga (sealed)

Shadow Hearts Covenant (sealed)

Shadow Hearts From the New World (sealed)

Skygunner
Suikoden III

Time Crisis 3 w/Guncon

Victorious Boxers 2

Gamecube:
Baten Kaitos (sealed)
Capcom Vs. SNK 2
Eternal Darkness
Fire Emblem (sealed)

Paper Mario (sealed)

Tales of Symphonia (sealed)

GBA:
Advance Guardian Heroes (sealed)
Castlevania Circle of the Moon

Castlevania Double Pack

Golden Sun

Gunstar Super Heroes (sealed)

Metroid Zero Mission (sealed)

Street Fighter Alpha 3

Tales of Phantasia (sealed)

Yggdra Union

DS:
Advance Wars Dual Strike
Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow
(Sealed)
Deep Labyrinth (Sealed)
Guilty Gear Dust Strikers
Phoenix Wright (Japanese, sealed)

And there are probably more.
And about all of the sealed games; yes, I am a pack rat.

[quote name='doctordoom1974']
Playstation 2:
Disgaea 2
Suikoden III

Gamecube:
Baten Kaitos (sealed)
Paper Mario (sealed)

DS:
Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow

Castlevania Portrait of Ruin

Final Fantasy III

And there are probably more.
And about all of the sealed games; yes, I am a pack rat.
[/quote]

sorry but all of these games are not rare even being sealed (unless Paper Mario is not PC then its rare)

and i deleted Fire Emblem but ive seen this game alot that was new for 10 bucks

other wise ur collection is awesome

Can't believe that guy sold Valkyrie Profile. The PSP version is a lousy port(and on a small screen). Nothing beats the original

[quote name='ricoraney']Obviously you don't know what the hell you are talking about. 150,000 copies aint crap in the big scheme of things. 8 Million+ units with 150,000 copies to go around. You do the math, again.[/QUOTE]

Hey Sparky,

The vast majority of games (roughly 70%) sell between 50k and 300k. If all games that sold 150k were "rare", then there would be a lot more "rarities".

To back up my claim, according to the NPD from this past June, there were 910 Xbox games being tracked. Life to date, Baldur's Gate II is the #274th best selling Xbox title, therefore there are 626 games that sold less than BGII. That's a lot of rare games according to ricoraney....

[quote name='Yoshox2000']Can't believe that guy sold Valkyrie Profile. The PSP version is a lousy port(and on a small screen). Nothing beats the original[/quote]

If you think that's bad, I got rid of a copy of Shadow Hearts Covenant which I picked up from Kmart new for $4 to GS when I realized I'd probably NEVER play it for $18 and change in credit.

Sick part is, if I'd waited another 2 weeks, I could've had $10 extra on TOP of the $18. Ahhhh wellll.......

Speaking of rare games(but not TOO rare since the GQD reprint), I saw a used copy of Disgaea in FYE today for $19.99.

Oh and the one local pawn shop has Magna Carta with some sort of THICK art book/guide with it for $25.95. It's not the best deal, I know, but I've been tempted to pick it up a couple times myself. There's only ONE disc with Magna Carta, right?

[quote name='Yoshox2000']Can't believe that guy sold Valkyrie Profile. The PSP version is a lousy port(and on a small screen). Nothing beats the original[/quote]

Like I said, I'm not much of a collector. It was just sitting there collecting dust. You're acting like I sold it for $20. I got $170 out of it. To me that game isn't worth that much. It's a good game, but come on.

I've never even played Valkyrie Profile..........i do remember seing a bunch of sealed copies in a store near wallstreet back in 2003...damn, i really shoulda took 1 or 2 back then! grrrrr

A lot of these "rare" games confuse me since I have at least one title on most peoples lists and don't recall any difficulty finding them.

Simply going by I guess it's rare since I've seen a high price on it, I have box, manual, mouse pad, and everything else for I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream for the PC. This game was very good if you were into point and click adventure games that made you feel like a horrible person inside.

Add to that various Dreamcast games as well as sought after PS2 games.

the original baldur's gate 1 came out originally for the PS2. an exclusive title (for that console at the time) that was released on 12/03/01. the xbox port came out on 10/22/02. that should explain why BGDA1 for the xbox didn't sold as many as BGDA2.

DA2 is more of a sought after game atm. 150k in 3 years is not alot. and thats probably both xbox and ps2 versions. it has a potential of a rare game since thats how rare games usually start off first right? another reason is that the good xbox selections at gamestores are slimming down.

[quote name='probablysober']A lot of these "rare" games confuse me since I have at least one title on most peoples lists and don't recall any difficulty finding them.

Simply going by I guess it's rare since I've seen a high price on it, I have box, manual, mouse pad, and everything else for I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream for the PC. This game was very good if you were into point and click adventure games that made you feel like a horrible person inside.

Add to that various Dreamcast games as well as sought after PS2 games.[/quote]

I agree on that point, alot of the games I see listed I have and weren't that difficult to find. I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream does go for alot on sites like Ebay, I have a copy. It's a very sick and demented game. Although, it can actually be bought from Harlan Ellison's own website for a cheap price.

[quote name='achillesthegreat']I agree on that point, alot of the games I see listed I have and weren't that difficult to find. I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream does go for alot on sites like Ebay, I have a copy. It's a very sick and demented game. Although, it can actually be bought from Harlan Ellison's own website for a cheap price.[/QUOTE]

As I said "I guess it's rare", thankfully I collect to play or watch so I'm not dissappointed by learning it's easily found still.

And I'm glad to hear that someone else besides myself played it.

I am the original owner of everything, all bought new by me

Saturn
Panzer dragoon Saga
Dragon force
Magic Knight rayearth
Shining force III
nights with 3d controller (not really rare)

Ps1 (all non gh)
valkyrie profile
Tales of destiny I and I
Lunar 1
Lunar 2 w/ unopened punch puppet
Arc the lad collection
Vagrant story
Xenogears
Castlevania Chronicles
Vandal Hearts II
Final fantasy 7 - 9 non gh
Rival shools
finaly fantasy anthology, chronicles, collection

DC
Marvel vs capcom 1+2
Street fighter III - Double impact + 3rd strike
Street fighter alpha 3
Rival schools
King of fighters 98, 99
Last blade
Fatal fury mark of the wolves
Skies of Arcadia
Mars matrix
Gunbird 2
Pretty much any other decent dc games

I have the dreamcast twin sticks from japan for Virtual on
2 green agetec arcade fighting sticks

PS2
rez, disgaea, klonoa 2. Nothing really seems to be rare on ps2 yet.

Only thing I'm truely proud of is my Cubivore for the GC and FF1 for my NES

I guess maybe my special Mountain Dew Limited Edition XBox too :) -----For sale if anyone wants

[quote name='matyou']I am the original owner of everything, all bought new by me

Lunar 2 w/ unopened punch puppet[/QUOTE]

I am amazed you had the restraint- I used to haul Ghaelon around punching everything in sight! (Including the occasional battle with my brother's Punching Nun.)

These days, he's back in his box, chillin' on a closet bookshelf. Maybe I should go punch something later... :D

i dont know if this counts but i got suikoden 5 for $7 bucks new, and got disaster report something i wasn't really looking for anywhere and found it at a fleamarket, all towards my collection

XBOX
Marvel Vs Capcom 2
Jet Set Radio Future
Fatal Frame 1/2 (are these 2 rare?)

Game Cube
Ikaruga
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3

PS2
Gitaroo Man
Rez
Ico

PS1
Castlevania Symphony of the Night
Clock Tower
Silent Hill

SNES
Super Mario All-Stars
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario World
Super Mario World 2 Yoshi's Island
Lufia & the Fortress of Doom

[quote name='matyou']I am the original owner of everything, all bought new by me

Saturn
Panzer dragoon Saga
Dragon force
Magic Knight rayearth
Shining force III
nights with 3d controller (not really rare)

Ps1 (all non gh)
valkyrie profile
Tales of destiny I and I
Lunar 1
Lunar 2 w/ unopened punch puppet
Arc the lad collection
Vagrant story
Xenogears
Castlevania Chronicles
Vandal Hearts II
Final fantasy 7 - 9 non gh
Rival shools
finaly fantasy anthology, chronicles, collection

DC
Marvel vs capcom 1+2
Street fighter III - Double impact + 3rd strike
Street fighter alpha 3
Rival schools
King of fighters 98, 99
Last blade
Fatal fury mark of the wolves
Skies of Arcadia
Mars matrix
Gunbird 2
Pretty much any other decent dc games

I have the dreamcast twin sticks from japan for Virtual on
2 green agetec arcade fighting sticks

PS2
rez, disgaea, klonoa 2. Nothing really seems to be rare on ps2 yet.[/quote]

You interested in selling/trading any of the dreamcast games?

the boxing puppet was for Lunar Silver Star Story Complete isnt it?

34859025.jpg

or is there another one? i know there was a Vahn that was planned but it didn't actually made it in production. the guy that used to work for working designs tried to sell one of the prototypes (he claims theres 7 of them) on ebay but didnt meet the met price.

[quote name='phear3d']the boxing puppet was for Lunar Silver Star Story Complete isnt it?

34859025.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have one of those somewhere. Do they go for alot of money?

i bought one on ebay not so long ago for $1.25 :lol:

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Yeah, I have one of those somewhere. Do they go for alot of money?[/quote]

[quote name='phear3d']i bought one on ebay not so long ago for $1.25 :lol:[/QUOTE]

Well that saves me time searching for it. Just let it rest in the darkness of my closet for another 3-4 years.

[quote name='Otherguy676']Is a 4-slot Neo Geo MVS in its original cabinent considered hard to find/rare? I have one and the cabinent is in pretty good shape.[/quote]
awesome. what games do you have in em? theres one on ebay right now for $1400

arcade cabinets, it depends. not a whole lot of arcade cabinets are rare. it is mainly because they are expensive and bulky. and the fact that they do require maintenance every now and then doesn't help. it is also hard to transport the thing. its hard to find but they are all out there its just a matter of time to be purchased. ive had many chance to get some of them for $100 on ebay but the problem is shipping kills the deal.

Edit: reading this i remembered that my bro in law once worked for chuckecheese. he was their tech for the arcades. he told me that every once in a while they would have to get rid of cabinet. it was painfull to see it being destroyed, and they had to cause they had to send pictures of it in pieces to corporate. he destroyed old cabinets like ms pacman, i think one of them might even be a mvs cabinet with metal slug and king of fighter games.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']bumpage, would like to see more peoples game collections listed...don't be shy....[/quote]

If you insist... I have lots of moedrately rare stuff, but I'm happiest about these:

Many PS1 RPGs are highly sought after, and although I'm selling several, I've still got the Arc The Lad Collection and the two Lunar games (including all the preorder bonuses Working Designs threw in). I'll never sell those. I still have the original Valkyrie Profile, too.

On the PS2, Growlanser Generations (the deluxe edition, plus the preorder bonuses), and all the not-a-big-deal semi-rare "gamer's games" like Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, Okami...

All four Silent Hill games, all three Fatal Frames, and all the GameCube Resident Evil ports. Not all are rare or even valuable, but I'm glad to have them all.

On the PC, I kick it old school with Masterpireces of Infocom, The Ultima Collection, and the Interplay 10th Anniversary Collection.

My biggest rarity moment was that I got Swordquest: Waterworld for the Atari 2600 when it was first released (yeah I'm that old); however, that was sold in a garage sale by my parents many many years ago. :cry: In hindsight, the Swordquest games were really really crappy; the very common Adventure was head and shoulders above.

[quote name='phear3d']the boxing puppet was for Lunar Silver Star Story Complete isnt it?

34859025.jpg

[/QUOTE]

The character is SSS:C, but it came with Eternal Blue as a pre-order bonus.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']bump again.....let's see more collections my fellow CAGs[/quote]

lol i was just looking at this. was also thinking of bumping it back up. was also looking to see who i could pm to make offers.. :lol:

I can't take pictures of mines cause its too unorganized. I also have plenty of doubles and triples of game that I get from several stores so I don't wanna appear as a horde. very nice collection galvatron. shouldve bought store arcade sticks for the dc when I had a chance.

[quote name='phear3d']I can't take pictures of mines cause its too unorganized. I also have plenty of doubles and triples of game that I get from several stores so I don't wanna appear as a horde. very nice collection galvatron. shouldve bought store arcade sticks for the dc when I had a chance.[/quote]

Yes he has a nice collection but are all those really that rare/uncommon or sought after ?

Hmm, my rarest games are probably my set of all six matching service games for the Dreamcast. I also have the following:

Electroplankton x2 sealed
Lunar: SSSC Fan Edition sealed
Silverload (longbox, complete)
Last Blade 2 (Dreamcast) sealed
Bangai-O sealed
Bangaioh 64 complete
Dezaemon 64 complete
Legend of Mana x3 sealed
FFVII GH sealed
CvS 2 Limited edition w/fan disc (Dreamcast) sealed
Brave Fencer Musashi sealed

I used to also own Psychic Killer Taromaru mint complete w/sticker. I've also had various other Saturn rarities such as RS, PDS, Battle Garegga, Blast Wind, Batsugun, etc.

bread's done
Back