rarest game you got sealed???

almost forgot the rarest one I have besides Chrono Trigger wrapped, i have a copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga still wrapped also.

The only game I have left sealed is Virtua Quest. Which I think im going to create a contest for to give away here on CAG.

Super Mario RPG
P1010359.jpg

I guess now after IQ it's Wild Arms 2. I just bought it from estarland.com, and don't even know if it's rare, but that's my only other sealed one. (Is it at all rare?)

Well, if anyone wants to get one it's $35.

Yeah, keeping game sealed is just...weird. I mean these are games, not figurines or something like that. Heck, even if I know I won't get to play a game anytime soon(quite common with all the games I pick up), I still open it. It's like a ritual. If feels good to open something you just bought. Although with all the used games I buy, I spend more time removing stupid, annoying stickers than removing shrink wrap

[quote name='Tromack']First off, a sealed Disgaea isn't that rare. Anyway, none. I play my games. Trying to use a game as an investment is the stupidest thing I've heard of since there was that guy on the Daily Show that was convinced that after the turn of the millenium, Pez dispensers would take over as the dominant form of currency.[/QUOTE]

Did you know Ebay was originally started as place to auction pez dispensers (and other collectibles). In the early days, I auctioned off an old pez dispenser I got at a flea market...vintage Green Hornet...and it got me around $300...paid $1. Looks like the same pez dispenser goes for a lot less on Ebay these days...probably has to do with a much larger supply now that the Ebay community is so much larger.

I also think keeping games sealed is silly. I'm putting together a full set of NES games, and sealed games go for insane prices. $400 for a sealed Zelda when the exact same game is $10 if it's open and complete? Why?

Also, at least for the vintage games, keeping them sealed might be dangerous for long term collectibility as they have batteries inside the cart that may leak with age. Not all cartridge game have batteries in them, just the old games that had a save feature, especially RPGs.

Is the Duck hunt really "factory sealed" or has it been re-shrink wrapped? Looking at the seal of the wrap you can tell, if you know what to look for.

I'm not sure if its rare but I think the only one I have yet to be opened is Digital Devil Saga: Shin Megami Tensei (the box set one).

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne with the soundtrack
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 1 without any stickers on the shrinkwrap
Pure Evil 2-pack
everything else is opened and being enjoyed immensely

[quote name='Ozzkev55']

EDIT: and as for kick in the pants stupidity, i opened the collectors Zelda:Ocarina of time, Ten Year Old McFarlane Toys, as well as the ever rare Vulcan Rare Action Figure, from MGS, which cameos in the Sequel for the PS2[/QUOTE]

Those MGS Action figures are worth money now?

I have every single one from the original series (including the 3 "stealth" variants) still sealed and tucked away in a box somewheres. Hmmm. Maybe I should sell off my toy collection when I go home to visit the folks this summer. *shrug*

Oh and I don't think I have any sealed games. I have TONS of "rare" games, but I like to play my games, not look at 'em.

wow sealed that's a tough one for me since i dont collect sealed games/i dont care for em'.

hmmm....i guess probably my sealed SOTN.

i have a sealed digital devil saga but that game is not rare at all imo.

The rarest "game" I have sealed is the SNES redesign with Zelda:LttP. Other than that, the only other games I have sealed are Mark of Kri and Jampack something 2004, neither of which are rare or valueable.

What a fun drinking game this thread would be: Every time someone remarks, "I play my games..." you take a drink. You'd be hammered in no time. Thanks, snobby CAGs!

[quote name='ViolentLee']Thanks, snobby CAGs![/QUOTE]

ZING!

I guess they don't realize that most of us have played these games, and only picked them up because of value.

[quote name='evilmax17']Any good stories behind it?[/QUOTE]

When I was working at gamestop some guy came in and went "Hey I don't want these do you?" And 1 was mario bros/duck hunt cart and the other was the factory sealed duck hunt.

It was awesome.

These are the sealed rare PS2 games that I have:

Aliens Versus Predator: Extinction
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II
Battle Assault 3 featuring Gundam Seed
Culdcept
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
Disney Golf
Dual Hearts
Fatal Frame
Firefighter F.D. 18
Futurama
Gallop Racer 2003: A New Breed
Gallop Racer 2004
Guilty Gear X
Guilty Gear X2
Half-Life
Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis
Klonoa 2
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
MotoGP 3
Naval Ops: Commander
Naval Ops: Warship Gunner
P.T.O. IV
Quake III Revolution
Shadow Hearts
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
SkyGunner
Suikoden III
Tsugunai: Atonement
Wizardry: Tale of the Forsaken Land
World of Outlaws: Sprint Cars 2002
Zone of the Enders
Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner

Lots of sealed games and lots of opened games, all of which are in mint conditon. A few that come to mind that I know are sealed are:

Panzer Dragoon Saga
Phantasy Star IV
Disgaea
Resident Evil 4 Limited Collectors x2 w/no dents :)
Zelda Collectors Edition GC

Lots more. Of all my sealed games, I have open copies to play. Panzer Dragoon Saga would be the only exception. I had another copy, but it was 'misplaced' in my last move.

I wonder how many people bought a copy of DOOM Collectors Edtion for XBox and stashed it away. I bought a copy. Opened it, played it, and loved every minute of it. Worth the price of admission for me. A shame to see it selling for $9.99 now.

Nice topic. Interesting reading the comments between collectors and gamers. Gamers claim not to collect, but play. Collectors claim to collect and play. I suppose I would be in the latter category.

[quote name='AdamInPlaidum']The diabetes awareness game? That game sucks. Damn shame for children who got this one under the tree, because not only do they have diabetes, they have a terrible game.[/QUOTE]
:rofl:

Probably either CIMA: The Enemy, or Dokapon: Monster Hunter, both for GBA.

Neither are really all that rare, but they're two of the only games I have sealed, and I intend to open and play them, one day.

And hey, sqyxzylyx: for goodness' sake, open and play some of those gems!

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']When I was working at gamestop some guy came in and went "Hey I don't want these do you?" And 1 was mario bros/duck hunt cart and the other was the factory sealed duck hunt.

It was awesome.[/QUOTE]

I got some good hook-ups back when I worked at Funcoland (which was eventually absorbed by GameStop): a foursome of Super Famicom complete games including DBZ, a too-scratched-to-take Game Gear, a mint copy of Whizz for SNES, and mint copies of Lunar I and II for Sega CD after we stopped taking those games in trade.

I think I've heard this has been reprinted, but I still have a sealed copy of Gitaroo man from its initial release. I have an opened one as well, and I've got to say its one of my favorite PS2 games.

Phantasy Star (Master System) Still Sealed (US)

Magic Knight Rayearth (RIP Working Designs) Still Sealed (US)

Yu Suzuki GameWorks Vol. 1 With Book (Dreamcast Import )

Eternal Arcadia Limited Box (Dreamcast Import - Game Still Sealed)

Metal Gear Solid 2: Premium Pack (PS2 Import - Game Still Sealed)

Casltevania: Lament of Innocence Limited Edition (PS2 Import) - Game Still Sealed)

Steel Battalion (Xbox - US)

I have a ton of sealed games from all platforms...just because I haven't gotten around to playing them yet, but I will. But I have to say the best game I have is a sealed Custer's Last Stand for the Atari 2600 that I got at a flea market around 15 years ago for $4.00.

bread's done
Back