Ratatouille - Who saw it over the weekend?

Javery

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
I am going to take my daughter to a Saturday morning showing - it will be the first movie she's ever seen in the theater and I'm really looking forward to it. It seems like it is getting good reviews so far and as a big Pixar fan I can't wait. Who else is planning to see it?

[quote name='d00k']I'm definetly going to see it. You can't go wrong with Disney and Pixar, unless you're watching Chicken Little.[/quote] That wasn't Pixar.

Me.

I loved everything Pixar's done, until I saw Cars; that film was really horrible, the reviews overpraised it (and the reviews weren't that positive).

But luckily, this one seems to be a return-to-form from them, and with Brad Bird directing and Patton Oswalt in the lead, this one is going to be excellent.

Seeing it Friday

It looks like it would be fun to see and I was going to take my little sister...but she wants to see Transformers instead :lol: Ah well...

And I agree about CARS. That movie was Terrible. It was soooo boring.

I'll probably be seeing it because the girl wants to and it actually looks like it will be good.

I also thought Cars was awful, we rented it and eventually I just fell asleep it was so boring.

Hmmm... maybe you guys need to give Cars another chance. I didn't like it after the first time I saw it either but since I've seen it about 50 times now it has really grown on me.

Javery is going in the morning to hit on all the singles moms who are taking their children to see it. Everything else he says is a lie. A lie, roid-riddled and sweaty, bulges bulging about the spandex shorts.

That is what becoming a musclehead does to ya.

I shall see it, and drink heavily from the golden goblet that is called the Pixarnium.

[quote name='whoknows']Disney should put out another 2D movie in theaters instead of crap like Chicken Little.[/quote]

They're working on that right now. Since the Pixar guys stepped in, they've nixed MOST of the direct to DVD stuff (a few where already in production, and there's a whole string of faeries movies in the works) and are completely re-working Disney back into a 2-d Animation studio.

I wonder if Pixar will give back all the drawing desks they bought when Disney originally killed off 2-d?

BTW, Pixar fans will probably be floored at the Wall-E trailer... not for the Wall-E footage (which is actually quite nice) but the mini Pixar retrospective.

[quote name='SpottedNigel']They're working on that right now. Since the Pixar guys stepped in, they've nixed MOST of the direct to DVD stuff (a few where already in production, and there's a whole string of faeries movies in the works) and are completely re-working Disney back into a 2-d Animation studio.

I wonder if Pixar will give back all the drawing desks they bought when Disney originally killed off 2-d?

BTW, Pixar fans will probably be floored at the Wall-E trailer... not for the Wall-E footage (which is actually quite nice) but the mini Pixar retrospective.[/QUOTE]
Any idea on what their next 2D movie that will be in theaters is?

I'm really sick of this CG stuff. Everytime I see the trailer for one in the theaters all I can think is "oh great, ANOTHER one".

[quote name='Strell']Javery is going in the morning to hit on all the singles moms who are taking their children to see it. Everything else he says is a lie. A lie, roid-riddled and sweaty, bulges bulging about the spandex shorts.

That is what becoming a musclehead does to ya.

I shall see it, and drink heavily from the golden goblet that is called the Pixarnium.[/quote]

Word. There are milfs everywhere.

DVD release in 3 months and I'm there.

The rate they are getting new movies on DVD is astonishing... can't believe 300 hits DVD at the end of July.

[quote name='whoknows']Any idea on what their next 2D movie that will be in theaters is?

I'm really sick of this CG stuff. Everytime I see the trailer for one in the theaters all I can think is "oh great, ANOTHER one".[/quote]

The Frog Princess

There have been very few good CG movies that arn't pixar. Even less if you take out movies that rely on pop culture refrences (Shrek being a prime example). Hell, Monster House was one of the few movies ive ever walked out of... and it was in 3-d! That alone should have kept me mildly interested.

[quote name='Roufuss']DVD release in 3 months and I'm there.

The rate they are getting new movies on DVD is astonishing... can't believe 300 hits DVD at the end of July.[/quote]

That's good news, I was wondering when 300 would hit dvd since I missed it in the theaters. And, since it will be before school actually starts I shouldn't have much of a problem getting the special edition from the library.

[quote name='happy']That's good news, I was wondering when 300 would hit dvd since I missed it in the theaters. And, since it will be before school actually starts I shouldn't have much of a problem getting the special edition from the library.[/QUOTE]

IIRC the date is July 30th.

That window between a movie being in theaters and coming out to DVD is getting smaller and smaller all the time, so much so that it's almost impossible for me to justify the horrible theater experience.

[quote name='SpottedNigel']The Frog Princess

There have been very few good CG movies that arn't pixar. Even less if you take out movies that rely on pop culture refrences (Shrek being a prime example). Hell, Monster House was one of the few movies ive ever walked out of... and it was in 3-d! That alone should have kept me mildly interested.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that movie was pretty bad.

I mean...if a CG movie has quality to it then cool. BUT I'd say for every 5 shitty ones that come out 1 good one comes out.

I was dissapointed in The Incredibles. Cars was alright. Finding Nemo, Toy Story and (to a lesser extent) Monsters Inc, were masterpieces.

I don't expect much from Ratatouille. But I have heard good things, and I just might go see it (it comes out on my birthday).

"I was dissapointed in The Incredibles."
Wow. Not gonna belittle your opinion, but that's maybe the 2nd time I've ever heard something negative about that movie.

I'm trying to figure out a nice place to eat after Ratatouille... I figure all that food on screen will make me hungry

Here's a look at Pixar's next film "Wall-e"
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_CZKdDgFXI[/media] The trailer will be playing before Ratatouille.
Robots + Pixar :drool:

I'm taking the girl child to see it sometime this week. Her brother is jonesing for Transformers already, so I thought I'd do something special with her to offset, as she's too young to see Trans--and a bit too sensitive. She is scared by things my son at this age looked at with wonder, saying "Cool."

[quote name='PyroGamer']I was dissapointed in The Incredibles. Cars was alright. Finding Nemo, Toy Story and (to a lesser extent) Monsters Inc, were masterpieces.[/QUOTE]

Disappointed in The Incredibles??!! Are you kidding? That was one of the few kid movies I was riveted to.

Has anyone noticed that guy from Scrubs who did the voice of Chicken Little is now doing voiceovers for Wendy's CHICKEN SANDWICHES?!

Wrong, just wrong.

Incredibles was a lot darker than I expected, so that was a plus. Monsters, Inc was great, as was Toy Story. Cars was amazing, at least for the first 5 minutes, when Pixar was showing people why they are who they are. But once they started talking, it went south. Still an decent movie, though. I don't know why some people are bashing Chicken Little, that movie was hilarious. Of course, seeing it for free helped raise my opinion of it, too.

Ratatouille seems like it may be pretty good, but I don't feel like shelling out $10 to see it. I might just ask my grandmother to take me and my younger cousin to see it so I don't have to pay anything. ;)

I actually ended up watching Chicken Little again and it wasn't as bad as I remember. Definitely a better movie than Cars was.

Wow, Wall-E looks pretty good. That trash looked incredibly realistic, too. I hope they don't muck it up with too many smelly humans.

Yup, my girlfriend and I are going to see it. We've been waiting for like a year since hearing about it and seeing the teasers.

My sister and I are both relatively devoted Pixar fans, me to the point where I have Mr. Incredible, Frozone, Syndrome, and some of the Hot Wheels style Cars characters on my desk. We may not see it right away, but we're absolutely going to see it in the theaters. :)

[quote name='SpottedNigel']Sunday night since im working weird hours over the weekend.
It's Pixar.
It's Brad Bird.
It will be great.[/QUOTE]
Keep in mind that this is a rescue job - Brad Bird took over for Jan Pinkava partway through the movie's development, so I'm not sure how much will be Bird's work and how much will be ideas saved or modified from Pinkava's version of the movie.

Dear god, I'm a nerd. I shouldn't know that. :shock:

With all this talk about CG movies, anyone know any non-kiddies/really-actioney

movies thats comming up? I'm hoping somewhere along the lines of FF:AC.

[quote name='PyroGamer']I was dissapointed in The Incredibles. Cars was alright. Finding Nemo, Toy Story and (to a lesser extent) Monsters Inc, were masterpieces.

I don't expect much from Ratatouille. But I have heard good things, and I just might go see it (it comes out on my birthday).[/QUOTE]

I share a fairly similar opinion.

I too wasn't impressed with the Incredibles. However, I also had little interest in Finding Nemo, and no interest in Cars. Toy Story and Monsters Inc were good.

I am appalled by the great reviews for this movie, so I guess Pixar (they're the ones who made Rat, right?) are doing something good.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']My sister and I are both relatively devoted Pixar fans, me to the point where I have Mr. Incredible, Frozone, Syndrome, and some of the Hot Wheels style Cars characters on my desk. We may not see it right away, but we're absolutely going to see it in the theaters. :)

Keep in mind that this is a rescue job - Brad Bird took over for Jan Pinkava partway through the movie's development, so I'm not sure how much will be Bird's work and how much will be ideas saved or modified from Pinkava's version of the movie.

Dear god, I'm a nerd. I shouldn't know that. :shock:[/quote]

I know it wasnt a Brad Bird idea, but it was something that he put himself completely into.

On a side note... I hope to god that Pixar and Miyazaki team up at some point.
A Miyazaki film done by Pixar and released by Disney. Animation wet dream.

[quote name='munch']I'm going to see it, just don't know when. Pixar's been pretty good, except for "A Bug's life."[/QUOTE]

Okay, now it's on! That movie ruled.

bread's done
Back