Ratchet and Clank Full Frontal Assault $13.98 on clearance at Target, YMMV?

Nice grab. I NEVER have any luck with YMMV deals (which this definitely is) so I won't bother checking, but it's a good price for the game.

maybe this is like the tiger woods masters situation in which the game appears as clearance in their system and it automatically marked down. if so, this could be corporate wide.

It came out fairly recently with $20 msrp, supposedly they'll give you the vita version for free with it, but it was delayed. The only way I can imagine someone finding it cheaper is through that $10 for $20 coupon groupees had for Toys R Us a little before release.

[quote name='coopscohen']I grabbed this and posted my find in the Target clearance thread. Another CAGer has confirmed seeing this as well.[/QUOTE]

CAGer. cheapassgamerer?!?!

[quote name='shadowkast']CAGer. cheapassgamerer?!?![/QUOTE]

I see what you did there. :applause:

But, could it not just mean a user of CAG?

I had no idea they were selling this on disc. I thought it was download only like Q4B. Anyway, nice find. Will have to check my local Target this week.

So, I read some of the online reviews, and I'm confused about this game... It has single-player, but it's focused on multi-player? Does it have a true single-player mode, or is the "single-player" just online co-op with random other people? I was considering picking it up, but I have no real interest in multi-player games, so I'm not sure whether it's worth bothering or not...

[quote name='jigsaw918']Hopefully one of the targets near me will have it at this price! That's a really good deal![/QUOTE]
My son wanted this game. It is a good deal, think i will be picking this up!

My local Target have 10 copies on clearance. They just put all of them around $19.99 games Section and all copies tag $9.98 instead $13.98. It rang up $13.98 but employee adjusted down $9.98 plus taxes ;) (Target in Independence, MO)

I picked it up today on clearance but will probably take it back. Don't have too much interest in the game. but was weak willed when walking through the store.

[quote name='arcane93']So, I read some of the online reviews, and I'm confused about this game... It has single-player, but it's focused on multi-player? Does it have a true single-player mode, or is the "single-player" just online co-op with random other people? I was considering picking it up, but I have no real interest in multi-player games, so I'm not sure whether it's worth bothering or not...[/QUOTE]

I think it is a tower defense game

[quote name='mitch079']I get the feeling this will end up being a Instant Game Collection addition soon.[/QUOTE]

Yeah...I basically stopped buying any PSN game because I have a huge backlog and the "free" games keep adding to the log. I have a feeling this will be added also.

[quote name='mitch079']I get the feeling this will end up being a Instant Game Collection addition soon.[/QUOTE]

So true. I forgot all about that. As many times as I've seen this game referred to as "bite size". Guess there was a reason Target's store locator was fuck. I will see how much longer I can hold out after the Vita version is released.

I 100% the game the other day. It's actually a lot of fun if u play coop. It's possible to play one player but can be hard to achieve some of the developers times. All in all I feel 20 was fine and now 14. Go for it especially if u are a fan of ratchet

It's funny. I'm a huge R+C fan, and I have this game as one of my price alert titles, but I've been hesitant to pull the trigger. I've read a lot of reviews that are very disappointed, even in the context of it not being a "full" Ratchet and Clank title. I think one person described it as unplayable unless you have friends to play with. I played the demo, and it was fun, and still seemed to have that R+C atmosphere. But I may wait on this one until it hits rock bottom.

I only saw this at two Targets and both had them in the case marked $19.99. Walked to a clearance endcap and they had a select few clearanced for $13.98 with the same DCPI as the ones in the case. Enough for me to wait for the $9.98 price in a couple of weeks.

I really want this ... checked three Targets in my area and only saw Singularity and NHL 12. I didn't even see any copies in the racks with the other games.

Well shit, just bought this at GS the other day for $16 (used), the vita code was gone but that's not a big deal since I don't own a vita. May check my target tomorrow and return my gs copy. Thanks op

[quote name='arcane93']So, I read some of the online reviews, and I'm confused about this game... It has single-player, but it's focused on multi-player? Does it have a true single-player mode, or is the "single-player" just online co-op with random other people? I was considering picking it up, but I have no real interest in multi-player games, so I'm not sure whether it's worth bothering or not...[/QUOTE]

If it's anything like R&C: All-4-One, then it's borderline unplayable due to boredom in singleplayer and mildly passable when you are playing with other people. Not really my type of game though so who knows.

Didn't buy this at Target but still got it for around the same price for a used copy on Amazon Warehouse Deals. Looking forward to the co-op, me and the wife will play it. She loves Tower Defense games, hopefully it lives up to the genre.

My local Target is always a fail when it comes to clearance. I think the electronics section employees at my store are privy to the gaming market and either buy this stuff up when it goes on clearance fast or they just refuse to clearance it. They never have games this new on clearance.

[quote name='MooseTheCorgi']Picked this up at the Target in Foster City, California (Bridgepoint) and they had about 10 copies. Confirmed $13.98[/QUOTE]

A fellow Bay Area CAG! Ugh my wife was just at the store a couple hours ago returning something and could have gotten it for me :/!

[quote name='Double-J']It's funny. I'm a huge R+C fan, and I have this game as one of my price alert titles, but I've been hesitant to pull the trigger. I've read a lot of reviews that are very disappointed, even in the context of it not being a "full" Ratchet and Clank title. I think one person described it as unplayable unless you have friends to play with. I played the demo, and it was fun, and still seemed to have that R+C atmosphere. But I may wait on this one until it hits rock bottom.[/QUOTE]

I believe there is a patch that has come out recently or is about to that is supposed to address some of the frustrations people have expressed.

Personally, I went ahead and grabbed this at $13.xx since I figure about $7 for each game (PS3 & Vita) is pretty good. I'm sure i'll be kicking myself when they go lower in-store or are free on PS Plus in a few months...

[quote name='thegame85']A fellow Bay Area CAG! Ugh my wife was just at the store a couple hours ago returning something and could have gotten it for me :/![/QUOTE]

Well they had a lot, so I wish you the best of luck. They also had Nascar Unleashed for $8.98 for PS3. You may not care, but it could possibly sweeten the deal.

Its an OK game. Its sort of all over the place in terms of QA and balance. There are some things that are never explained anywhere without looking them up online, and at least one part of the story is never finished. I had some problems with overscan too cutting off menus (which hasn't ever happened for me before).

I was in the beta and had some fun with the multiplayer on that, but after beating single player the only online matches I've been in for the full game were not much fun because of a number of really cheap tactics. The ranking system is also busted.

And fyi for anyone who cares, the camera is back to the way it was in the Future trilogy now instead of how it was in A4O. but its still only 30fps unlike the Future titles.

[quote name='WNYX585AM']I believe there is a patch that has come out recently or is about to that is supposed to address some of the frustrations people have expressed.[/QUOTE]

I sure hope so. It's R+C, so odds are that I'll pick it up at some point regardless.

[quote name='Fabrizo']Its an OK game. Its sort of all over the place in terms of QA and balance. There are some things that are never explained anywhere without looking them up online, and at least one part of the story is never finished. I had some problems with overscan too cutting off menus (which hasn't ever happened for me before).

I was in the beta and had some fun with the multiplayer on that, but after beating single player the only online matches I've been in for the full game were not much fun because of a number of really cheap tactics. The ranking system is also busted.

And fyi for anyone who cares, the camera is back to the way it was in the Future trilogy now instead of how it was in A4O. but its still only 30fps unlike the Future titles.[/QUOTE]

Ugh...or maybe not? :cry:

Thanks OP! Picked one up. I had to search for it though. It wasn't on the normal electronics clearance shelf and it wasn't in the normal game shelf. It was on a separate shelf that they usually keep there old titles that are usually $19.99 and lower. Makes sense in a way because of the price of the game, but that shelf is usually reserved for very old titles only. On top of that their was only one copy and it wasn't marked, I had to scan it. Just an FYI for those still looking to pick this up.

Yeah, I've seen this at $10 originally. However, my Target took those down a week or two ago and just replaced them with the $13.98 clearance tags recently. There were a ton so I'm sure it'll go back down to $10 in no time.

I have nothing against this game at all - as I've never even played it... But this thread is starting to remind me of the Deadliest Warrior/Best Buy thread from earlier this year. All of you guys have Stockholm Syndrome over a six dollar savings. Your inner CAG-ologue keeps telling you to buuuuy it... Buuuuuuy it....

Picked this up at my local Target. Was disappointed when I got home and found out the Cross Buy Vita version isn't available yet.

Picked one up today at my local Target. Was marked 9.98 on the shelf with about 5 other copies. It rung up at 13.98 at the register and didn't notice until I checked out already. Went to customer service and they fought it tooth and nail to not give me back the ~$4. After about 30 minutes they finally gave in as the customer service line was 10 people deep. They marked the damn thing wrong (on multiple copies), is it really that hard for them to admit they f'ed up and grant me the price without acting like dicks about it...

bread's done
Back