Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack In Time PS3 - $5 off coupon from Amazon.com

backseatdog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
397 (100%)
Just got an email with the code from PSN.

Promotional Code:
RATCHET3

Valid 10/22/09 thru 11/06/09

Also don't forget about ECA 10% if you still got them. Goldbox it as well if you have the free time to do so.

Since many people are asking, yes you can still apply the promotional code AND the ECA code after you placed your order. Just email amazon customer service and politely asked them to update and apply it for you. If that doesn't work, just send another email until it works. Persistence pays off! Typically, most people will get a refund credit to their account instead of off the order. It isn't perfect, but at least you get your discount either way.

As always, its YMMV, but I never once got rejected. Good luck and may the CAG god watch over you!

As of right now:
$56.49
-$5 off coupon
-$5.65 (ECA 10%)
----------------
$45.84 total before tax (if any).

Link to game:
http://www.amazon.com/Ratchet-Clank..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1256256676&sr=8-1

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rouzhokuu']You know, that e-mail really makes it sound like the code works on anything, not just the game.[/QUOTE]

yeah it does sound like $5 off anything, but the promo code has the word "ratchet" in it, so anyone care to test it?

[quote name='Rouzhokuu']You know, that e-mail really makes it sound like the code works on anything, not just the game.[/QUOTE]

Just tried on Dragon Age, didn't work...

Sent an email to see if they can apply it to my order I had already placed. If so, the game will only end up being $43.02!

[quote name='Darknyss']Sent an email to see if they can apply it to my order I had already placed. If so, the game will only end up being $43.02![/QUOTE]

Trying the same thing myself

Nah, it says

Note: Promotional certificates and gift cards may be redeemed only when the order is originally placed. Also, you can apply gift card balances only to items listed as "not yet shipped."

Also, ECA codes seem to be down. Bah, I would've bit and saved like, 2 bucks (it was in my goldbox + ECA discount). Ah well, maybe next time. Thanks though, OP!

[quote name='IRHari']Nah, it says

Note: Promotional certificates and gift cards may be redeemed only when the order is originally placed. Also, you can apply gift card balances only to items listed as "not yet shipped."

Also, ECA codes seem to be down. Bah, I would've bit and saved like, 2 bucks (it was in my goldbox + ECA discount). Ah well, maybe next time. Thanks though, OP!

[/QUOTE]

Amazon tends to apply codes for preorders after the order. Lots of us did it with Dissidia and KH.

Although mine is part of a huge order so we'll see how it goes this time.

Gah, it's times like these when I really wish the ECA codes were up. The near $40 price is super appealing to me . . .

:/

[quote name='IRHari']Nah, it says

[/QUOTE]

Just send an email about applying the promotional code, more often than not, Customer Service will pull through and give you the discount.

Similarly with the ECA code, just send them a polite email. If you get denied, just send them another email until you get the discount. YMMV of course, but I never once got rejected so far. Good luck!

[quote name='TheHiei']Gah, it's times like these when I really wish the ECA codes were up. The near $40 price is super appealing to me . . .

:/[/QUOTE]

Um, you can easily get this game for around $40 in the Best Buy sale next week. Just pick two other games to get with R&C and return them at a later time.

These $5 off coupons are making me keep my pre-orders. I was considering canceling Tekken 6 and Ratchet and Clank but $10 off the order makes me change my mind.

[quote name='KueMan10']Um, you can easily get this game for around $40 in the Best Buy sale next week. Just pick two other games to get with R&C and return them at a later time.[/QUOTE]

This might just be me being lazy, but that seems like more trouble than it's worth when I'd rather just order it via Amazon anyways. Not to mention that the closest Best Buy is a bit out of the way. But thanks for the heads up, I might look into it.

I'll just wait it out, I suppose.

ok emailed amazon about adding the code... they gave me a 5 dollar refund... so basically the same thing... guess I could just not order now and keep the 5 bucks... of course I'm not going to do that but still...

Ya i got it placed with a Gold Box order so I emailed them

edit: Nice, they took 5% off. Grand Total: $42.24

[quote name='backseatdog']

Similarly with the ECA code, just send them a polite email. If you get denied, just send them another email until you get the discount. YMMV of course, but I never once got rejected so far. Good luck![/QUOTE]

Do you send the e-mail to Amazon or to the ECA? Also, will they apply a 10% discount to your entire order if you mention that you've placed a recent order, but could not generate a code to use due to them not releasing any recently?

Thanks for the info.

Not working for me

We're sorry, but the promotional code you entered cannot be applied to this purchase. Please refer to your promotional coupon for information about item or store restrictions.

[quote name='Ionotropic']Yup I just canceled my preorder and re-ordered it, thanks OP![/QUOTE]

np, you're welcome!

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']Do you send the e-mail to Amazon or to the ECA? Also, will they apply a 10% discount to your entire order if you mention that you've placed a recent order, but could not generate a code to use due to them not releasing any recently?

Thanks for the info.[/QUOTE]

contact amazon, not the eca. Yes it will apply to your entire order, just let them know which order you want it to apply to.

[quote name='dmdragon']Not working for me

We're sorry, but the promotional code you entered cannot be applied to this purchase. Please refer to your promotional coupon for information about item or store restrictions.[/QUOTE]

As stated in OP, just email amazon CS for it to apply. Remember be polite :D

[quote name='backseatdog']np, you're welcome!

contact amazon, not the eca. Yes it will apply to your entire order, just let them know which order you want it to apply to.

As stated in OP, just email amazon CS for it to apply. Remember be polite :D[/QUOTE]

Says in the OP to mail them about ECA, not the Ratchet code. Just saying :D

They applied it to mine as well after shooting them an email - so now my order looks like this:

Item(s) Subtotal: $56.49
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Gold Box Discount: -$2.82
Promotion Applied: -$5.00
Promotion Applied: -$5.00
-----
Total Before Tax: $43.67
Estimated Tax: $0.00
-----
Grand Total: $43.67

The other $5 is from my Uncharted 2 preorder. If the ECA codes come back up, I'll be shooting them another email. ;)

Well, they couldn't add it to my order but I did get $5 added to my account.

Hello,

I'm sorry, I'm not able to apply "RATCHET3" ($5 off) to this order (our system is not allowing me to apply this code).

No need to concern, however. I'd issued a $5 promotional certificate to Your Account, which you can use the next time you order an item shipped and sold by Amazon.com. You'll see your available promotional balance at checkout--this amount will be applied to your next order automatically without entering a claim code. Your promotional balance doesn't appear in Your Account but will always display when you place an order. For more information about using your promotional certificate, including the terms and conditions for using the certificate, visit our Help pages:

Thanks OP

[quote name='robwhit1']E-mailed them and they took it off my order - No problem.[/QUOTE]

Me too! Man, what did CAG's ever do before Amazon? Oh, that's right: either get ripped off by GameStop or wait 6 months to buy "new releases".

[quote name='AwRy108']Me too! Man, what did CAG's ever do before Amazon? Oh, that's right: either get ripped off by GameStop or wait 6 months to buy "new releases".[/QUOTE]

:applause: lol.

Wow, I got the e-mail coupon too and figured I should just be happy with the Quickpick+ECA deal I already had on my preorder. But now that everyone else is getting their $5 w/a CS e-mail, I’m gonna try it too!

can someone let me know what you said in the body of the e-mail? I want to be as diplomatic as possible and it sounds like you've got the hang of it if you've done it many times before :)

Thanks in advance!

Emailed them to ask them to add it to my existing pre-order, we'll see how it goes. How long has it taken to hear back from them on this? They haven't responded at all yet to an email that I sent them yesterday about another issue -- weird, since usually they're right on top of things.

[quote name='Layd Dly']I would love to use this but i have an order with triple eca, and theres no need to be greedy.[/QUOTE]

You know, it could be argued that the triple ECA thing was greedy in and of itself . . . :roll:

Anyway, heard back from them already. Looks like they actually lowered the price on the game itself on my order by $5 (to $51.49), rather than applying it as a promotional discount. Whatever, works for me either way (it did lower my Gold Box and ECA discounts since those are percentages, but whatever, I'm still coming out ahead of where I was). Just odd how inconsistent they are with the way they do these from one person to the next.

I would think that if this were some kind of joint promo with PSN/Sony, they'd want to apply the actual code, so that it gets counted properly in their accounting (especially if PSN/Sony is covering any part of it).

well I'm on hold and the guy tried to just apply the promo code to my order but it didn't work so I guess now he's seeing if he could just apply a generic $5 promo

edit: and it's a no go from this guy

I'll try emailing them now and if needed call again later and hope for a different person

Wooohooo!...It took them less than 30mins from getting my email to adjust the price for me, ECA+Gold BOX+RATCHET3.......$43.80 + Free Day of delivery with the 3month free ECA!
Thanks guys!

bread's done
Back