Rate my fantasy football team please

Pure Apathy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
129 (100%)
I had 5th pick overall, at the end of each player is the round I drafted them in

QB: McNabb 2
WR: Chad Johnson 3
WR: Boldin 5
WR: Mushin Muhammad 9
RB: Shaun Alexander 1
RB: Rudi Johnson 4
TE: Shockey 7
K: Vinatieri 8
DEF: Buffalo 10

and here are my bench players
QB: Roethlisberger 14
RB: Steven Jackson 6
RB: LaMont Jordan 12
WR: Chris Chambers 13
WR: Donald Driver 11
WR: Derrick Mason 15

Its only an 8 team league, but it is a money league. I wasn't too sure on my RB and WR's if you couldn't tell. Thats why I drafted so many backups. What do you think?

I don't know the scoring... but this league probably has many casual players considering who you picked up late.

Jordan in rd. 12 is just ridiculous. So is Chambers and Driver where you got them... especially in a 3WR league.

Your RB's are excellent. Alexander is a steal at #5. Rudi and LaMont are solid #2 backs for you, and Jackson may end up having huge stats. WR's are good, also.

Only position I don't like is TE with Shockey... probably could have got better value in Rd. 7, with a Witten, Heap, Crumpler...

I think your WR's should be okay, I would be worried about the RB's. As much as I like Boldin (He's from FSU, my team), you just don't know what to expect with him being injured a large part of last year. Muhammad is getting older and he's on the Bears. As for the RB's, I'm not sold on Rudi Johnson yet, personally. He could have another good year though.

it was problematic to have dolphins and cinci WRs last year, Qbs were too inconsistant, I dunno about Mushin since their startin Qb went down

I think you maybe just above average, but it's a small league and it's hard to say without being at your draft because they're all different really, no way to tell who was available when. McNabb could have problems with Pinkston down for so long, you'll probably see a lot of 2 man coverage of Owens too, and Roethlisberger never puts up very many fantasy pts.

WRs are a little questionable too, Muhammad would do worse than he did last year even if Grossman was heathly, which he isn't. Boldin maybe good if he can stay healthy, but their other recivers like Fitzgerald could be more durable. Chambers has no reliable QB to throw him the ball same goes for Mason. Driver's a proven injury risk and I think Ferguson and the primary target Walker will take away alot of his thunder. I do like the Chad Jhonson pick up though.

RBs are pretty solid I like all of them except Jackson I think is overrated a bit this year. It's too hard to tell what Mike Martz has planned, he's still a good pickup for a bench guy, but I think Round 6 is a bit high for him.

I'd get a different TE as well if one's available, Shockey is way overrated IMO and Eli Manning is very unproven so far. You may check to see if anyone has him yet, but someone you could be huge this year (if he stays fit) is Dallas Clark. It's a risk because there's so many recieving optins for the Colts, but I think he may have more production than Shockey this year.

I don't play in leagues with team defense, but Buffalo did pretty well last year on that side of the ball so I guess that's pretty good.

[quote name='kittie']I don't know the scoring... but this league probably has many casual players considering who you picked up late.

Jordan in rd. 12 is just ridiculous. So is Chambers and Driver where you got them... especially in a 3WR league.

Your RB's are excellent. Alexander is a steal at #5. Rudi and LaMont are solid #2 backs for you, and Jackson may end up having huge stats. WR's are good, also.

Only position I don't like is TE with Shockey... probably could have got better value in Rd. 7, with a Witten, Heap, Crumpler...[/QUOTE]

We use the defaut yahoo scoring, right now I'm trying to trade Moose and either Driver/Chambers/Mason for a WR. I might even try trading Jackson. I feel I still need another good WR and a better backup QB.

The only reason I went with Shockey was because Gonzalez, Gates, Heap, and Witten were all picked. I could have went with Crumpler, but I thought Shockey would do better this year. LJ Smith and Heath Miller is on the FA but I don't know if Heath would be a good pickup or not. I don't like having two TE's on one team.

Should I get rid of Big Ben and pick up one of these other QBs from the Free agents once they clear?

Brooks, Leftwhich, McNair, Pennington, Bledsole, Warner

I hate Shockey, but he's the only damn NYG receiver. He's a great TE to have if he stays healthy.

My 8 person league team: (WRs get .5 points for a reception, making them nearly as valuable as RBs)

Vick
Brees
Martin
Barber
(Fred) Taylor
Owens
Moss
Moss
Kennison
Driver
Witten
Ravens
Vanderjagt

McCareins
Staley
Griese
Keyshawn
Suggs

If Owens plays and Vick keeps running; I can do great things. :D

[quote name='RawisJericho']
Should I get rid of Big Ben and pick up one of these other QBs from the Free agents once they clear?

Brooks, Leftwhich, McNair, Pennington, Bledsole, Warner[/QUOTE]

Take Pennington or Mcnair. Ben is goign to do NOTHING.

[quote name='Rich']I hate Shockey, but he's the only damn NYG receiver. He's a great TE to have if he stays healthy.

My 8 person league team: (WRs get .5 points for a reception, making them nearly as valuable as RBs)

Vick
Brees
Martin
Barber
(Fred) Taylor
Owens
Moss
Moss
Kennison
Driver
Witten
Ravens
Vanderjagt

McCareins
Staley
Griese
Keyshawn
Suggs

If Owens plays and Vick keeps running; I can do great things. :D[/QUOTE]

Moss/Kennison are FA's in my league, I was thinking about going with Brooks or Leftwhich on that list of availiable QBs.

I like your team, but I'm not too sure about Taylor. Suggs/Staley are good to have as backups.

Also in my league we got Henry and Ricky Williams on waivers. I might have to snatch up Henry if he clears.

[quote name='RawisJericho']Moss/Kennison are FA's in my league, I was thinking about going with Brooks or Leftwhich on that list of availiable QBs.

I like your team, but I'm not too sure about Taylor. Suggs/Staley are good to have as backups.

Also in my league we got Henry and Ricky Williams on waivers. I might have to snatch up Henry if he clears.[/QUOTE]

Henry went undrafted in my league; he's barely going to get the ball, and :lol: @ ricky.

Staley will take Taylor's spot most likely when he's at full health, but Taylor is definitely a proven back.

And my league is 4-5 WRs deep, which is why your league probably has them on FA.

[quote name='RawisJericho']I had 5th pick overall, at the end of each player is the round I drafted them in

QB: McNabb 2
WR: Chad Johnson 3
WR: Boldin 5
WR: Mushin Muhammad 9
RB: Shaun Alexander 1
RB: Rudi Johnson 4
TE: Shockey 7
K: Vinatieri 8
DEF: Buffalo 10

and here are my bench players
QB: Roethlisberger 14
RB: Steven Jackson 6
RB: LaMont Jordan 12
WR: Chris Chambers 13
WR: Donald Driver 11
WR: Derrick Mason 15

[/QUOTE]

Alexander is an excellent first pick. McNabb is always a good pick for a QB. It will be interesting to see if Buffalo's DEF can have the same year they did last year. Nonetheless, a good pick there. Your WR situation might leave yourself to switching your guys in and out alot.

Overall, I'd give you an 8 out of 10 on your picks. But then again, I don't know your scoring and only having 8 teams in the league I'm sure that other teams are probably as stacked or more stacked than you are.

Good luck.

[quote name='RawisJericho']We use the defaut yahoo scoring, right now I'm trying to trade I could have went with Crumpler, but I thought Shockey would do better this year. [/QUOTE]

That was your mistake right there. Crumpler is easily Vick's number one target on that team and you can expect consistancy from him each year and game to game. Sometimes you gotta go with a person's track record instead of "thinking" they'll do better.

I also agree with kittie that Lamont Jordan in Round 12 is rediculous. He is going to add so much to the Raiders running game its not even funny so I would be prepared for him to be your #2 behind Alexander.

Your team looks pretty solid, but its hard not to be in an 8 team league. Its also hard to judge how good your team is without seeing some other teams. Either way, good luck with your season. I have quite a few FF drafts coming up and I'm really looking forward to the season getting underway. :D

[quote name='Rich']I hate Shockey, but he's the only damn NYG receiver. He's a great TE to have if he stays healthy.

Vick
Brees
Martin
Barber
(Fred) Taylor
Owens
Moss
Moss
Kennison
Driver
Witten
Ravens
Vanderjagt

McCareins
Staley
Griese
Keyshawn
Suggs

If Owens plays and Vick keeps running; I can do great things. :D[/QUOTE]

How you got Terrell Owens and Randy Moss on the same team is beyond me, but good luck to you and your season. I dont think you'll need it. As a person in your league it would seem that a team would draft one of them just so you cant have them both. :lol: Your team is pretty solid everywhere.

I don't know about starting Muhammad with the iffy QB situation in Chicago.

Shockey has to prove he is more than talk and stay healthy.

McNabb could be erratic with TO acting like a fool.

Rudi Johnson and Steven Jackson are going to be great picks (I have them on my fantasy team as well).

Overall a decent team.

Heres my 16 team league draft, I feel its above average

QB Donovan McNabb, Phi
RB Brian Westbrook, Phi
RB Michael Pittman, TB
RB/WR Larry Johnson, KC
WR Larry Fitzgerald, Ari
WR Donald Driver, GB
WR Amani Toomer, NYG
TE Antonio Gates, SD
D/ST Patriots D/ST, NE
K Matt Stover, Bal
BENCH
Troy Williamson
Rod Gardner, Car WR
Joey Harrington, Det QB
Itula Mili, Sea TE
Ryan Moats, Phi RB
Lions D/ST, Det D/ST

Brooks, Leftwhich, McNair, Pennington, Bledsole, Warner

Brooks and Pennington are FA's? Lol.

Either one of them are good picks... but, I'd go with Brooks. Despite being an INT machine at the most inopportune times, he's a Top 10 fantasy QB year after year.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']Heres my 16 team league draft, I feel its above average

QB Donovan McNabb, Phi
RB Brian Westbrook, Phi
RB Michael Pittman, TB
RB/WR Larry Johnson, KC
WR Larry Fitzgerald, Ari
WR Donald Driver, GB
WR Amani Toomer, NYG
TE Antonio Gates, SD
D/ST Patriots D/ST, NE
K Matt Stover, Bal
BENCH
Troy Williamson
Rod Gardner, Car WR
Joey Harrington, Det QB
Itula Mili, Sea TE
Ryan Moats, Phi RB
Lions D/ST, Det D/ST[/QUOTE]

I don't like it... :p

McNabb isn't worthy of a 1st round pick unless QB's are huge in your league.

I'm assuming your league has points per reception since you took Westbrook and Pittman... but even so, you're starting 2 backup RB's. That's dangerous. And if it's not PPR, ouchies. Pray that Priest gets hurt.

Plus, Gates is probably going to be a bad pick this year... teams are going to focus on him, and he's not likely to get 13 TD's again.

Plus, your receivers are really hurting. Driver is your best, and he's the 2nd option on his team.

I just did a offline yahoo 12 team league last night at a friends house. It is also a money league with head to head scoring and default rules.

QB: Vick
WR: Owens
WR: Andre Johnson
WR: Lelie
RB: McGahee
RB: Ahman Green
TE: Shockey
K: Shayne Graham
Def: Chicago

bench
QB: Brees
WR: Lee Evans
WR: Brandon Lloyd
WR: Eric Parker ( I think I'll drop him for Travis Taylor or another RB)
RB: Travis Henry
RB: Davenport
TE: Daniel Graham
K: Nugent
Def: Minnesota

I don't really like my team

I got a good draft in my league:

T. Green - QB KC
J. Walker - WR GB
D. Bennett - WR TEN
L. Coles - WR NYJ
S. Alexander - RB SEA
E. James - RB IND
J. Stevens - TE SEA
D. Mason - W/T BAL
Vanderjagt - K IND
Atlanta - DEF

Bench:
Tynes - K KC
C. Brown - RB TEN
J Gaffney - WR HOU
J. Harrington - QB DET
J. Jurevicius - WR SEA

I'd like to trade into a better QB, and upgrade my receiver core a bit, but I'm alright.

EDIT: Ten team league, by the way.

in my 8-team "money pot" fantasy league

Damage Inc.
1. (7) W. McGahee
2. (10) D. Davis
3. (23) A. Johnson
4. (26) Mi. Clayton
5. (39) J. Witten
6. (42) Baltimore
7. (55) T. Brady
8. (58) C. Martin
9. (71) L. Evans
10. (74) P. Burress
11. (87) Da. Clark
12. (90) C. Palmer
13. (103) D. Foster
14. (106) D. Givens
15. (119) S. Janikowski

starting lineup
QB: Brady
RB: Davis
RB: McGhaee
WR: A. Johnson
WR: Mi. Clayton
TE: Witten
K: Janikowski
DEF/ST: Ravens

plz evaluate my drafting. thanks

[quote name='H-Town Info']in my 8-team "money pot" fantasy league

Damage Inc.
1. (7) W. McGahee
2. (10) D. Davis
3. (23) A. Johnson
4. (26) Mi. Clayton
5. (39) J. Witten
6. (42) Baltimore
7. (55) T. Brady
8. (58) C. Martin
9. (71) L. Evans
10. (74) P. Burress
11. (87) Da. Clark
12. (90) C. Palmer
13. (103) D. Foster
14. (106) D. Givens
15. (119) S. Janikowski

starting lineup

plz evaluate my drafting. thanks[/QUOTE]

Nice team, don't count on Foster playing through the whole season though.

[quote name='RawisJericho']Nice team, don't count on Foster playing through the whole season though.[/QUOTE]

well he's my sleeper pick and curtis martin in the 8th round was absolute steal for me. martin and foster provide depth and potential

[quote name='bombdrop']How you got Terrell Owens and Randy Moss on the same team is beyond me, but good luck to you and your season. I dont think you'll need it. As a person in your league it would seem that a team would draft one of them just so you cant have them both. :lol: Your team is pretty solid everywhere.[/QUOTE]

It was a 2 person keeper league in its 3 year, and you could only keep one person that was kept the year before, so I kept Moss and Barber.

Wow, can I join your league so I can make easy money too??? Lamont Jordan in the 12th is absurd, Derrick Mason in the 15th and Donald Driver in the 11th is crazy too...

who are these guys picking? Jerry Rice?

I play in a 14 team head to head keeper league, u keep 11 out of your 22 players every season, i sucked last year but im looking for better fortunes this year, u start 2 qb's, 3 rb's, 4 wr's. 2 te's, 2 k's and 2 def:

qb: vick
qb: roethlisberger
wr: darrell jackson
wr: lee evans
wr: dante hall
wr: antwaan randel el
rb: jamal lewis
rb: deshaun foster
rb: jj arrington
te: bubba franks
te: heath miller
bench:
frank gore
ronald curry
chris simms
ricky williams
mark brunell
matt schobel
k: graham
k: lindell
def: baltimore
def: houston
bench: cleveland

i def got aways to go, my wr's are alright, but they need time to develop, althought im a big lee evans fan

[quote name='Rich']It was a 2 person keeper league in its 3 year, and you could only keep one person that was kept the year before, so I kept Moss and Barber.[/QUOTE]

2 people? are u serious?

thats hilarious

i hope thats a typo and u meant 12... haha

[quote name='fanskad']I got a good draft in my league:

T. Green - QB KC
J. Walker - WR GB
D. Bennett - WR TEN
L. Coles - WR NYJ
S. Alexander - RB SEA
E. James - RB IND
J. Stevens - TE SEA
D. Mason - W/T BAL
Vanderjagt - K IND
Atlanta - DEF

Bench:
Tynes - K KC
C. Brown - RB TEN
J Gaffney - WR HOU
J. Harrington - QB DET
J. Jurevicius - WR SEA

I'd like to trade into a better QB, and upgrade my receiver core a bit, but I'm alright.

EDIT: Ten team league, by the way.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't trade into a better QB, Green isn't going to win the MVP award or anything, but he usually posts pretty big fantasy numbers. You'd likely have to give up another decent player to upgrade and the only way I'd say it was a good idea to do that was if you got Manning. Also you're reciever core is pretty srong, maybe improve the bench guys some if possible, but your starters should be pretty good.

[quote name='brainstorm']Wow, can I join your league so I can make easy money too??? Lamont Jordan in the 12th is absurd, Derrick Mason in the 15th and Donald Driver in the 11th is crazy too...

who are these guys picking? Jerry Rice?[/QUOTE]

Just for kicks, I'll post the first three rounds of our draft.

round 1
team 1 Tomlinson
team 2 Manning
team 3 Holmes
team 4 Edge
team 5 Alexander
team 6 McGahee
team 7 Dillon
team 8 McAllister

round 2
team 8 Portis
team 7 Moss
team 6 Culpepper
team 5 McNabb
team 4 Bulger
team 3 Jamaal Lewis
team 2 Kevin Jones
team 1 Dominick Davis

round 3
team 1 Holt
team 2 Owens
team 3 Harrison
team 4 Walker
team 5 Chad Johnson
team 6 Ahman Green
team 7 Curtis Martin
team 8 Joe Horn

Bulger in round 2 was a nice pick :applause:

[quote name='brainstorm']2 people? are u serious?

thats hilarious

i hope thats a typo and u meant 12... haha[/QUOTE]

Uh, you keep 2 people. It's an 8 person league.

ahhh, it all makes sense now rich...

as for those first 3 rounds, outside of the bulger pick, most of it was kinda status quo for the drafts i've seen... if it had been vick instead of bulger, then it wouldve been normal, but it seems like your friends' knowledge of football dropped off at some point, considering some of the steals you got

[quote name='H-Town Info']in my 8-team "money pot" fantasy league

Damage Inc.
1. (7) W. McGahee
2. (10) D. Davis
3. (23) A. Johnson
4. (26) Mi. Clayton
5. (39) J. Witten
6. (42) Baltimore
7. (55) T. Brady
8. (58) C. Martin
9. (71) L. Evans
10. (74) P. Burress
11. (87) Da. Clark
12. (90) C. Palmer
13. (103) D. Foster
14. (106) D. Givens
15. (119) S. Janikowski

starting lineup

plz evaluate my drafting. thanks[/QUOTE]

Martin at #58 is just wrong...

You went a little early for the WR's, and definitely for Witten... but made it up with later picks. Palmer and Foster where you got them is just stupid.

I need to be in leagues like this.

bread's done
Back