Rate this DVD collection

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']10/10 for about 20 of them, maybe 6/10 for the rest.

so that's about 7/10 total.[/quote]

I really really really hope that two of the 20 that are 10/10 are Seabiscuit and A Beautiful Mind

[quote name='FrankySox'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']10/10 for about 20 of them, maybe 6/10 for the rest.

so that's about 7/10 total.[/quote]

I really really really hope that two of the 20 that are 10/10 are Seabiscuit and A Beautiful Mind[/quote]

American Beauty
American History X
A Beautiful Mind
Caddyshack
Family Guy Vol. 1
Fletch
Goodfellas
Jackie Brown
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
Kill Bill Vol. 1
Kill Bill Vol. 2
LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring
LOTR: Two Towers
LOTR: Return of the King
Mallrats
The Matrix
Office Space
Pirates of the Caribbean
Pulp Fiction
Reservoir Dogs

That's what I think I counted as 10s. I haven't seen Godfather or Seabiscuit.

I'm not much on movies, but because you have both Kill Bill's and have it in your sig, 10/10!

Plus a bonus point for the evil monkey...11/11!

[quote name='FrankySox']you should definitely get Godfather, you can pick up the first one for like 10 dollars.[/quote]
I'll keep my eyes open for that.

I think your dvd collection is pretty fair. You arent an anal "get every oscar or criterion film" kinda person and you have some good taste and variety.
But then again you are missing some big films in that same select group. Your comedy seems like a lot of modern stuff, pick up some Mel Brooks etc.
Worst film: Ace Ventura 2 (I'd say pearl harbor, but I didnt see it)
Best: Shawshank (my fave, its rereleased on tues)
Score: 5/10
Just my two cents, and I've never used guzzle, so thats a neat format.

[quote name='alongx']2.66/10

That being an average, where every movie was rated as either a 1 or a zero.[/quote]
Ahh that's why I suck at math! I had no idea that a whole bunch of ones and zeros could make an average above two.
However I respect your rating.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='FrankySox']you should definitely get Godfather, you can pick up the first one for like 10 dollars.[/quote]
I'll keep my eyes open for that.[/quote]

Last I checked IMDB.com (Internet movie data base) had the godfather ranked as the #1 movie of all time by users votes. The first sequel is rated #3 and the third movie should have never happened IMO. I would say it is a much watch movie.

Aw, come on!! Scarface FULLFRAME?!?! You should know better than that! Widescreen lets you see the movie like the director intended it to be seen.

7.5/10

I never do the whole rate my collection thing. People always tell me how I am missing key titles. Since I don't like War or Mob films I get crap scores.

[quote name='kaji7p56']Aw, come on!! Scarface FULLFRAME?!?! You should know better than that! Widescreen lets you see the movie like the director intended it to be seen.[/quote]

???, Musta posted the wrong version but I definitely do have Widescreen, I hate full screen!

[quote name='FrankySox'][quote name='kaji7p56']Aw, come on!! Scarface FULLFRAME?!?! You should know better than that! Widescreen lets you see the movie like the director intended it to be seen.[/quote]

???, Musta posted the wrong version but I definitely do have Widescreen, I hate full screen![/quote]

Yeah, you did post the wrong one. But since you have wide-screen, I give your collection a 7.3 up from a 1.5. :D

7.4/10

not bad!

my collection: (sorry for the big pic)
P1010284.JPG

[quote name='jlarlee'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='FrankySox']you should definitely get Godfather, you can pick up the first one for like 10 dollars.[/quote]
I'll keep my eyes open for that.[/quote]

Last I checked IMDB.com (Internet movie data base) had the godfather ranked as the #1 movie of all time by users votes. The first sequel is rated #3 and the third movie should have never happened IMO. I would say it is a much watch movie.[/quote]

The funny thing is the third film was not suppose to happen. If you watch the trailer for the 2nd film that is included in the box set version. The talk over guy says, "See the final installment of the GodFather Series" or something to that extent.

Either De Palma or Mario Puzzo needed some cash and that is why the third film was made... Also there are rumors of a 4th film, not sure of the plot line it will take, but I am sure Andy Garcia would jump at the chance to make it. His last roles have not seemed all that picky.

[quote name='shawagg']...weak...no offense but that's a bargain bin you got there.[/quote]
I agree that there are at most 10 titles from the bargain bin, but hey I'm a CAG what do you expect, I only buy what I like, my tastes may be bad, but I think that some of my movies are pretty good. I am a comedy type of person

missing alot of classics in my opinion.. rate it a 4

some that you are missing..

Bull Durham,
Life of Brian
Blues brothers
Field of Dreams
star wars: Emipire Strikes back
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Pyscho
Fight Club
Saving Private Ryan
Wiizard of Oz
Rocky Horror Picture Show
bridge over river kwai
glory
forrest gump
gone with the wind
Toy Story
Finding Nemo
Shrek
Fantasia
Fargo
KingPin
Shindlers list

ah man.. gotta stop..

Yes I agree I am missing some big titles, have wanted to pick up Indiana Jones for a while, and I just got Star Wars Trilogy

franky, thanks!
my dad and i custom built these shelves because i was running out of space in my VHS cabnet. i have about 400 VHS tapes in addition to this, but the dvd collection needed the shelf space since i watch them more. i don't know what i'm going to do in about 6 months when i run out of space

bread's done
Back