rattlebrain, inc. contest....anyone ever signed up for this?

Man I'm glad I found this thread I thought for sure I already pissed my money away. So what I can shine some light on is that there is a consolation prize for those who made it to the finals and... that's the good thing. The bad thing is I don't think I have a chance at winning. how many of you are in the finals? For the video game one I got 16,5## and for the computer I got 15065. and my last due date was just two weeks ago.

I haven't recieved my finals puzzle for computer or home theatre yet and I know I completed both the phase 4's correctly on it. I'm gettin worried, but the same thing happend with the video game. I thought I had lost and it showed up eventually. I think they might have different deadlines and times for different people in these contests. I'm not sure tho. I didn't think there was any consolation prize. Where did you hear that? I also got 16,5xx on the the video game i think. I asked for a copy of hte winners sheet so hopefuly we can see who did the best

Gee I'd hate to say Dave, but I think you may have lost on that computer one. All of my finals have been sent out for 2 weeks. Unless of course you're right about the due dates being different. About that consolation prize... I think he may have mentioned it in an email he gave me once, since I was worried my definition's list was supposed to be included with the puzzle. he told me not to worry and gave me extra info (hence the mentioning of the consolation prize) Kinda funny though now that you think why didn't he mention a consolation prize in the puzzle in the first place.

I dont know if anone saw but in the latest issue of xbox magazine there was a new rattlebrain contest. Same as the ones we've been doing. I think they just do these over and over and make a killing on them.

yeah, they also had it on the new PSM issue

for my finals i got in the 3***. **

if you guys really got 16*** , then i have no chance of winning

P.S I JUST got my Final Video Game Contest Puzzle in the mail...(12/19/05)

Also , there IS a special prize for anyone that makes it to the final puzzle , i called Rick Lund (a.k.a baindramage) and he said the special prize was a magazine subscription....i forgot which magazine

I kept saying in my previous posts that getting to the final gets you something.

Completed my finals in June, August, and September. All with pretty confident scores. Currently nothing received. Not even responses to my emails.

How come everybody has gotten the finals at different times????

Maybe they run more than one contest at a time???

Yay! Rick finally answered my email (Which I sent in about a month and a half ago) and I'm getting a full refund! Huzzah!

[quote name='Mr_Mcgee']Yay! Rick finally answered my email (Which I sent in about a month and a half ago) and I'm getting a full refund! Huzzah![/QUOTE]

Thats good for you

I hope i have a chance at winning this

has anybody else noticed that he is starting another contest
I keep seeing the entry form in magazines

Well, it was [email protected], but due to spamming and the such, they changed it to [email protected]. Here's the email they sent out concerning it:

To All Customers of Baindramage Who Have Sent Us Email:

Once again we are extremely sorry about out slowness to respond to
emails. We have had an ongoing problem which has rendered our email
completely unusable. A couple of disgruntled contestants who were
angry at losing the contest have embarked on a massive phony email
solicitation campaign. They have used our email addresses to bury us
in a sea of SPAM which has made it impossible to have the time to
distinguish between customer mail and spam. We're talking about
THOUSANDS of emails per day (this, of course jams our inbox and
prevents many emails from even getting to us).

We humbly ask that you forgive us for this problem.

We have now established a new email address for you to direct your
questions. It is:

[email protected]

If the questions you may have had are still relevant please re-submit
them there and we will respond in a timely fashion (slowly at, first
and then more quickly as we catch-up).

If you had questions which hurt your participation in the contest
when they went unanswered, let us know, and we will send you a prompt
refund of all entry fees if you so request.

Once again, we apologize for this deplorable situation and we thank
you for hanging in there.

Sincerely,

Rick Lund
Contest Director

well i just got my final phase 4 for the media rig contest this week and it is due on Feb 4, 2006. Obviously we are playing different ones because some of you others got your finals alot earlier than i did. Hope we can see some one win so we know it's legit

[quote name='DaveMcCulley']well i just got my final phase 4 for the media rig contest this week and it is due on Feb 4, 2006. Obviously we are playing different ones because some of you others got your finals alot earlier than i did. Hope we can see some one win so we know it's legit[/QUOTE]

oh my god!!!!, i got the same one too! Mine is also the Media Rig Contest and it is also due on February 4th! anyway, i hope at least one of us wins. best of luck to both of us!

I entered the guitar rig contest and am in the finals right now. Upon seeing this thread I called up Rick and asked when I would get the puzzle. He was very polite and told me when I would get it, and I was in first for the contest w/ full scores on each puzzle. Judging from the e-mails from him which you all have posted, I'd say he's telling the truth. Good luck to everyone in a contest right now (just don't beat me)

hmmm. i wonder if its just one guy running a pyramid scheme. its been going on for decades and as long as he pays out once, its legit. how much does it cost to get to the final at $5 each entry. think about how many thousands, tens of thousands, and once on the net, hundreds of thousands... bloody marvelous idea.

ok, today i got phase lll and lV on one sheet. i already finished it, and have it ready for shipment tomorrow. when i first started the contest, the FINE print stated that the contest ends on Mar. 6th 2006( give or take a few days, cant quiet remember the exact day ). now if i also remember correctly, if you dont get it right on the highest total on the previous stage, you dont get the next stage, or do you? im ready for stage 5( should be the final one right? ), but i would like to know how many people im competing against in this one. so i will call him tonite, and see what he has to say, and will reply tomorrow.

OK guys, I was surfing trying to find out more on this puzzle my son entered. He entered all three puzzles and has completed two of them with the third (Final Computer) coming in today. The first was the Video Gaming puzzle and it was due October 29th. I made copies of it for him and he scored over 17,000 but have not gotten a reply. I don't have a copy of the second but he scored a little over 16,000 on that one. Does anyone know who won those contests??? Thanks for the info.

I think they have an address you can send a SASE to them and they will send you the winner's list. I think it's like six to eight weeks after the contest is over though. And this is just from memory. It's been quite a few years ago that I entered.

Hi everyone that entered the baindramage contest.I in the past I had entered this contest when it was known as Pandemonium Inc. at that time I didn't win but when I entered the second time I won all 3 finals.Thats where the fight began.At that time Rick the contest owner lived in Minnesota and proceeded to move to Oregon with no forwarding address to me.After 3 or 4 months I tracked him down to where he is now and confronted him over the phone.He gave me a sob story that he had no money was going through a divorce and had no money to pay me.I didn't care I wanted my winnings and after more phone calls and heated arguments he sent me a small portion of what I was owed about a fourth of the total.It took almost a year from when I won to when I received even that much.You can imagine my surprise when a month later I noticed the same contest advertised again only this time under the name Puzzle-Me.So to see what would happen I entered again and I won 2 of the 3 finals (computer and Home Theater).Once again months went by with no prize winnings.Again I phoned him and this time he told me he was declaring bankruptcy and would'nt be able to pay me a dime.I thought it was a lie but a month later I received court documents from Oregon asking me to put a claim in but as he had no assets left in all likelyhood I would receive nothing so I didn't bother.Well imagine my suprise when about a year later the exact same contest contest was advertised yet again but know under the Rattlebrain.This time I couldn't enter because I had just turned 30 but I kept track of his company looking for problems through the better business bureau and sure enough a complaint was lodged against this contest as well.I hope this time will be different for whoever wins but from my own personal experienc I have my doubts it will.Also my winnings scores ranged from about 17,500 to a high of 18,418 anything under 17,000 unless the high letters are x or j will in all likelyhood not win.I hope this helps wondering about this contest

One more thought on this. No one would know whether this contest was legitimate or not except the winner.Hundreds maybe thousands of people enter but only 1 to 3 people win.You do receive a winners copy but as 99.99% of the time it will be higher than your score(unless you win) the contest will seem legit as there is no second place prize.As far as ties go, in the video game contest there was a tie in April 10 1995 the score was 17,619.50 this occured when the contest was run under the name Pandemonium, so even that statement is false.

WOW, Rick really wants to get rich quick

I have finished my Final Video Game and Media Rig Contests. I am expecting final Computer Contest Puzzle. I called Rick today and he said that it's going to come in March. He told me that he has already notified the Video Game Rig Contest Winner. As you may know, anybody that makes it to the finals gets a "special" prize, which is a magazine subscription, and he said that I should get it in April.

I hope that he's changed his scamming ways

I entered one of these a looong time ago from Tips and Tricks. I think they mailed me one late, so I lost. I was pretty young, so I didn't think much about it.

I enjoyed reading all the posts on this page, and decided to post my own story in case anyone else is trying to research this "company." Another page you need to read is: http://www.gamesetwatch.com/2006/11/12-week/, which shows many if not all of the advertisements for this contest. It is hard to find real information about the "company" that offers this contest. That is your first clue.

I entered the contest about 10 years (and countless incarnations of the "company") ago. I worked really hard on the final puzzle, which is difficult and variable enough that only one person is likely to get the high score. It requires you to use the Oxford English Dictionary and other dictionaries to find really obscure (and small) words, and fit them into a grid in such a way as to obtain the highest possible score. Long story short, I won. Imagine my pride at having beat all the thousands of people who entered the contest, and my anticipation of winning all this awesome stuff. Guess what?

That's right. I got nothing. What I did get was a series of what I believed to be official courtroom proceedings of the bankruptcy of what was "Pandemonium." I could not make a claim on what was due to me because the amount was too small. I went so far as to obtain a consultation from a lawyer, who directed me toward the Better Business Bureau. I was in college, and decided not to try to pursue legal action, because who has the time and money for that when what you're owed is relatively small (c. $20000), and you're trying to get it from a bankrupt company? And you're a broke college student?

I still have all the paperwork from everything I did for the contest, all my countless words that I found and the myriad grids I filled in trying to achieve the best score that I could, and let's not forget the documents of the bankruptcy proceedings. It all serves as a reminder of the hard work I did, which I am proud of, and the fact that there are people out there in this world like Rick Lund who are failed, worthless human beings who make a living preying on the dreams of innocent young people, stooping to the lowest depths and using the loopholes in the court system to continue to perpetuate a business scam, calling kids "sore losers" when they justifiably complain and critisize the operations of this puzzle contest. Just look at the number of times this "business" has changed names and addresses over the years, folks. Legitamate businesses change locations maybe once in 10 or 20 years, when they outgrow their location, want a bigger demographic, buy out another company, etc. But rarely do they change names frequently. Caveat Emptor. Yes, I probably should have known better, but like the others on this page I had seen the ad for a long time and was curious to see if it really was legit, and if so whether I could actually do what it took to win. What I got was a lesson in the dark side. Do not enter this contest. Put your money and energy to work in other endeavors that are likely to pay off.

As for Rick Lund, if I ever find him, I'm going to chop off his you-know-what and feed it to him. If someone hasn't already beaten me to the punch.

Hello everyone...

It has been a long time since I entered Pandemonium and Puzzle Me contests. I have been a winner 3 times while under the name Pandemonium and 3 time winner under Puzzle Me. So a total of 6 times I have won.

As of this day though, I have only recieved enough money to pay just one out of the 6 times that I won. I have called Rick Lund so many times , and been so patient with him, and always when I talk to him on the phone I was giving a story of why he cant pay me, but always kept my hopes up that in the future he was going to be able to pay (example, after he runs another contest he would have money to pay me then)... So yeah I kept my hopes up, and yeah I got paid only $500 a month, and that $500 a month only lasted a few months because the company filed bankruptcy, and started up again under the name Puzzle Me.

I enter puzzle me contests and won 3 , but it didnt matter because the same thing happened again, although I got a little more this time then before, but still, I nearly won $50,000 total between the 6 contests, and maybe recieved a total of $6,000.. The figures are vague as its been so long ago and I can only base it on memory, although I do have all my records of my winnings.

So to anyone that enter this contest, its impossible to win if you dont know what you are doing, and if you do know what you are doing its still a slim chance on winning.. And finally , if you do win, I wouldnt expect to actually recieve what you won, based on my past experience with Pandemonium, Puzzle Me, and Rick Lund.

I am in total shock to find out that he has yet another contest going again under another name??? It is unbelievable how this can keep on going for all these years, but I guess its people like me that won, and just sit back and accept what he pays us and don't push it any further or take legal action, and that is why I am guessing he can still keep on running these contests!

If anyone on this forum wins the recent contests, I like to know how it turns out, with actually getting your prizes/money.

Good luck to anyone doing these contests!

Hello everyone! 

It has been a wild ride for me and I have some excellent news to update here!

Richard has gotten in touch with me in April 2021! He has been in touch with me ever since then about paying me all my winnings!! I have spent a few weeks gathering all my Pandemonium and Puzzle Me puzzles to see how much I won, it brought back a lot of memories (I was lucky to still have all these puzzles!) Richard and I have exchanged emails over the weeks and came to an agreement on the prizes I won over 20 years ago. I agreed to receive my winnings in the form of a cashiers check. In June 2021 Richard has sent me my winnings paid ENTIRELY IN FULL! I am so happy and grateful that he was able to do this for me! I would have never imagined this to happen and the way it happened makes me happier that I got paid now in a time of need!

Thank you so much Richard you are an amazing man! 

Hello everyone!

It has been a wild ride for me and I have some excellent news to update here!

Richard has gotten in touch with me in April 2021! He has been in touch with me ever since then about paying me all my winnings!! I have spent a few weeks gathering all my Pandemonium and Puzzle Me puzzles to see how much I won, it brought back a lot of memories (I was lucky to still have all these puzzles!) Richard and I have exchanged emails over the weeks and came to an agreement on the prizes I won over 20 years ago. I agreed to receive my winnings in the form of a cashiers check. In June 2021 Richard has sent me my winnings paid ENTIRELY IN FULL! I am so happy and grateful that he was able to do this for me! I would have never imagined this to happen and the way it happened makes me happier that I got paid now in a time of need!

Thank you so much Richard you are an amazing man!
Damn, so they tossed you something like $42k?!

bread's done
Back