Rayman Origins $19.99 with Free Shipping at Toys R Us

hqn101

CAGiversary!
Feedback
99 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Link2999']360 has better shadows, PS3 has better lighting. Most people like the 360 version better, but I like the PS3. Here's a comparison: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LQ2htZpsM_4[/QUOTE]

Well I'm assuming the controls should be better for the ps3 version right? Also I am looking at the video and it seems that the person didn't put it on full rgb for the PS3? Either way I am concerned about the lack of the 5.1 sound for ps3 version.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Well I'm assuming the controls should be better for the ps3 version right? Also I am looking at the video and it seems that the person didn't put it on full rgb for the PS3? Either way I am concerned about the lack of the 5.1 sound for ps3 version.[/QUOTE]

Not to knock a personal preference but what real use is surround sound in a side scroller? You are walking from one side to the other, not really a world that would allow you to hear stuff moving in free space around you. I could be wrong as I never played it in 5.1 though but I just can't really see what it would add.

[quote name='TheKbob']Cmon Amazon Price Match... D:[/QUOTE]

Amazon is out of stock on both platforms.

I want this game so bad..... might bite. Co-op platforming is such fun for drinking games.

[quote name='Link2999']360 has better shadows, PS3 has better lighting. Most people like the 360 version better, but I like the PS3. Here's a comparison: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LQ2htZpsM_4[/QUOTE]Whomever shot that didn't put down the specs. so we can see what equipment they used. I'm not upset but I would have liked to have known what TV, mode, refresh rate, settings, etc. that were used. My TV's have multiple viewing modes for watching movies, sports, gaming, up to 240Hz (low, med., high), etc. Why can't people just put that information down?

[quote name='iwannadie']Not to knock a personal preference but what real use is surround sound in a side scroller? You are walking from one side to the other, not really a world that would allow you to hear stuff moving in free space around you. I could be wrong as I never played it in 5.1 though but I just can't really see what it would add.[/QUOTE]
I had to turn the volume down, it was annoying as hell when you're concentrating on getting those coin thingy.

[quote name='fujimitsu']Amazon is out of stock on both platforms.

I want this game so bad..... might bite. Co-op platforming is such fun for drinking games.[/QUOTE]

Uh no it isn't. In stock for both platforms.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Uh no it isn't. In stock for both platforms.[/QUOTE]

You're right, it defaults to the artbook edition which is OOS.

My bad.

[quote name='fujimitsu']You're right, it defaults to the artbook edition which is OOS.

My bad.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I figured you meant the artbook edition. No biggie. I'm still hoping for an amazon match so I can use credit and GC versus paying out of pocket. :)

Good on Toys R Us for actually doing free shipping on games for once, thats 99% of the time the achilles heel of the deals. $5.72 is not ok for shipping cost on a fucking game.

[quote name='RollingSkull']How would you know that if you haven't EVEN OPENED IT YET?[/QUOTE]

Maybe because I played the demo.

[quote name='bellenoire2005']The sale sign at the TRU I went to said 1/6 to 1/28.[/QUOTE]

Awesome thank you!

[quote name='bellenoire2005']The sale sign at the TRU I went to said 1/6 to 1/28.[/QUOTE]

I was going to order this online but I have a $40 gift card and can't find anything else to buy and the site says something along the lines that the entire card will be applied to the order. I don't want to take the risk of losing out on $20 so I'll just try the store tomorrow.

Thank you for posting this deal. I just purchased my 360 copy in Douglaston, NY. They have a ton of copies there in case anyone in the area wants to check them out.

Why can't TRU have LEGO Pirates for $20 like everyone else seems to have it for? That would be perfect because then I could get rid of this GC that expires in a few weeks.

Great to see that the Price Alerts are working too because I had a PA set for $20 yet no email.

Just went to Toys R Us. Still couldn't decide which version to get. But ended up with the ps3 version because the artwork didn't look good with the green borders :)

First BB i went to would not PM it after making me wait over 30 mins for them to call my local TRU so I went to a second BB and they PM with no problems. Seems like it depends who the manager on hand is. Thanks BB :) used $8 cancelled gift card so I got it cheap.

So happy that I finished and resold this game as fast as I did. Great game, but man is the price dropping crazy fast. Should've been a XBLA/PSN game.

[quote name='KemperJones']So happy that I finished and resold this game as fast as I did. Great game, but man is the price dropping crazy fast. Should've been a XBLA/PSN game.[/QUOTE]

Should've had online co-op, too. :bouncy:

[quote name='TooPoor']I am so punching myself for not getting the google offers right now[/QUOTE]

I regret not getting it either. I havent shopped at TRU in years, and all of a sudden in these last two months I've probably spent about $200 buying up various deals.

PM'd at BB, but took a long time for them to verify at TRU with a phone call. The CS rep said some used to say they were calling from BB, but they don't do that any more.

I thought maybe they saw BB on the caller ID and said I'll make 'em wait.

Would've been cool if video games were eligible for Shoprunner, but at least there's free shipping. Thanks for the tip off. Hopefully, Ubisoft will be more willing to develop BG&E2 now that more people are buying this game.

Thanks for posting this. Does anybody know approximately how long games take to ship with the free shipping? The reason I ask is because I am moving out of state in about a week and a half and would like to receive it before then.

[quote name='mac101010']Would've been cool if video games were eligible for Shoprunner, but at least there's free shipping. Thanks for the tip off. Hopefully, Ubisoft will be more willing to develop BG&E2 now that more people are buying this game.[/QUOTE]

NOBODY bought this game until the price was slashed, way too soon, to $20. Just like....Beyond Good & Evil.

Took like 15 mins at BB to price match, what a pain in the ass. The girl seemed to have most issue with the fact the game is currently $59.99 at BB, pretty huge price discrepancy.

Game is straight up awesome, but this seems to be around the right price for it. I'm glad its getting a lot of recognition, Giantbomb and other sites have been giving it a lot of props in their year end awards.

Congrats to everyone who got the Google offer, I personally am okay with paying the $20 for what reviewers are raving about. Thanks OP!

[quote name='Davivascaino']which version is better? xbox or ps3? i have both consoles, so it does not matter to me[/QUOTE]
controller preference, thats all, the games are like 2 drops of water, both look and run great, im a multi console owner as well and i got the ps3 version because when i played the demo for me it was more comfortable with the dualshock3, the other thing i had in to account ( personal opinion ) was that bluray discs are more resistant, they don't get scratched unless you do it on purpose

I didn't even think about price matching at Best Buy... they typically let whatever, but since this isn't in the ad or anything it's going to be hard to get them to ge tthem to price match.

[quote name='CrossFireXT17']I didn't even think about price matching at Best Buy... they typically let whatever, but since this isn't in the ad or anything it's going to be hard to get them to ge tthem to price match.[/QUOTE]

You could try to convince them to call, since many Best Buys do use that to verify. But of course some other will just require an ad, and dont call to verify stock. It works out when there's an ad of course, this case is an exception.

[quote name='lwhitit']Deus Ex was 20 bucks last month @ newegg. I am waiting on Dead Island to drop also.[/QUOTE]

I missed out on that deal, so the hunt continues...I'm hoping this years game days sale has a nice selection of titles...don't need to see wolverine for a 3rd year in a row :roll:

I just placed an order for this for the 360. I'm not the usual Rayman kinda person but I've been looking for a good platformer. Price + Good Reviews = Sold

Yeah, I almost bought this on Amazon too. I had some Toys R Us "dollars" from their rewards program. I so rarely get those but I have one $6 coupon good through the 13th and another $5 good from the 14th-21st. I find that pretty annoying. I was more annoyed when I read in the fine print that they don't apply to video games. But I made an online order just to see if I could get one to apply anyway. For some odd reason, when I used the code (just above the bar code) for the $6 coupon, it took $5 off. That, combined with the free shipping, made it a no-brainer: got it for $14.99 shipped! They didn't have a store pickup option for this game for some reason but that's OK. I'd rather not drive 30 miles RT to TRU anyway. I'm not sure if this means I used my $6 coupon (even though it only took $5 off) or if it just glitched some how, but either way I'll take it! ;)

bread's done
Back