Rayman Origins $19.99 with Free Shipping at Toys R Us

hqn101

CAGiversary!
Feedback
99 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='io']Yeah, I almost bought this on Amazon too. I had some Toys R Us "dollars" from their rewards program. I so rarely get those but I have one $6 coupon good through the 13th and another $5 good from the 14th-21st. I find that pretty annoying. I was more annoyed when I read in the fine print that they don't apply to video games. But I made an online order just to see if I could get one to apply anyway. For some odd reason, when I used the code (just above the bar code) for the $6 coupon, it took $5 off. That, combined with the free shipping, made it a no-brainer: got it for $14.99 shipped! They didn't have a store pickup option for this game for some reason but that's OK. I'd rather not drive 30 miles RT to TRU anyway. I'm not sure if this means I used my $6 coupon (even though it only took $5 off) or if it just glitched some how, but either way I'll take it! ;)[/QUOTE]

Damn, i just entered my Toys r us $6 coupon that i received and it also took 5 off. Wish i would have known about this when i bought it earlier but it didn't even cross my mind since i remembered it wasn't valid on games. Sadness.

[quote name='io']Yeah, I almost bought this on Amazon too. I had some Toys R Us "dollars" from their rewards program. I so rarely get those but I have one $6 coupon good through the 13th and another $5 good from the 14th-21st. I find that pretty annoying. I was more annoyed when I read in the fine print that they don't apply to video games. But I made an online order just to see if I could get one to apply anyway. For some odd reason, when I used the code (just above the bar code) for the $6 coupon, it took $5 off. That, combined with the free shipping, made it a no-brainer: got it for $14.99 shipped! They didn't have a store pickup option for this game for some reason but that's OK. I'd rather not drive 30 miles RT to TRU anyway. I'm not sure if this means I used my $6 coupon (even though it only took $5 off) or if it just glitched some how, but either way I'll take it! ;)[/QUOTE]

Who wants to try using the Rewards"R"Us in-store? I wouldn't be surprised at all to find that they still work on games despite the fine print.

[quote name='beefytwinkie']Thank you for posting this deal. I just purchased my 360 copy in Douglaston, NY. They have a ton of copies there in case anyone in the area wants to check them out.[/QUOTE]

Got my copy there around 8:30pm!! It's cool to hear people getting stuff where I also got it from since not alot of people talk about NY stores.

Did the white skinny teenage boy with glasses help you in taking out the game from the glass? He helped me and started to chat me up a lil that alot of people were getting that game and he mentioned someone that bought the game told him that he saw that the game was on sale through cheapassgamer.com.....

On another side note.. I bought the game for my GF... started playing with her sister and her and the game is incredibly fun... reminds me of New super Mario bros on the Wii, it has similar play mechanics but has awesome graphics/art, rad music and better gameplay. I remember playing NSMB with them also and I did not have as much fun as I did today with Rayman. I am glad they lowered this to 20 bucks!!!

If you don't buy this game now make sure to buy it later.... it is incredibly

[quote name='winterlane']Who wants to try using the Rewards"R"Us in-store? I wouldn't be surprised at all to find that they still work on games despite the fine print.[/QUOTE]

Last year I picked up Bayonetta with those Rewards"R"Us things and it worked fine. I don't know if they've changed it.

Edit: Shit, I have 5 dollars to use. I spent 130ish bucks there black friday and only half of it showed up though?

[quote name='winterlane']Who wants to try using the Rewards"R"Us in-store? I wouldn't be surprised at all to find that they still work on games despite the fine print.[/QUOTE]

It will not work, a manager cannot even force it through, prompting with an "item is not eligible" prompt if you attempt to override.

So glad this finally dropped :D I love the original PS1 Rayman, and I really wanted to pick this up on release, but a) there were way too many good games released at the same time b) there were a ton of great deals and sales this past holiday season and c) it's an Ubisoft game, they always plummet in price within a couple months of release.

I want this. But with my backlog, I just can't justify spending $20 on a game.

Maybe I'll cave in if the price stays this low over the weekend.

I am in the same exact boat as you ^. It is unbelievable how many games I have not even opened yet!!! I keep buying these damn games because of the great deals though. I just read on 1up.com that this years E3 is going to be all about PS4, and Microsofts next box. I literally might have to skip out on a whole new next gen console to catch up on my backlog. Ah well, I did play the Rayman demo, and it is sick. Amazing graphics and animation. I'll gladly pay a $20 dollar bill for that game. Thank you OP!

Wow, didn't think it would be this low so soon. Loved the demo and my friends did too. Lucky i didn't bite when it was $30 on amazon. Plus this works out since i have a toysrus gift card.

[quote name='ShinAkuma']It will not work, a manager cannot even force it through, prompting with an "item is not eligible" prompt if you attempt to override.[/QUOTE]

When did they change it so they don't work with video games?

[quote name='sTaTIx']I always thought this was a downloadable game.[/QUOTE]

Same here lol. I'm kinda hesitating grabbing this game although reviews claim it to be very good Great deal though :applause:.

[quote name='mrsamsa']If you don't buy this game it is because you hate fun.[/QUOTE]

I'd rather say because
pDUQw.jpg

[quote name='Lightning War']When did they change it so they don't work with video games?[/QUOTE]

With this 10% back coupon promotion. Oddly enough, if you look on the reward section's terms and conditions listing, this promotion with the exclusion has its own section, so hopefully it'll be limited to just this promotion.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Well I'm assuming the controls should be better for the ps3 version right? Also I am looking at the video and it seems that the person didn't put it on full rgb for the PS3? Either way I am concerned about the lack of the 5.1 sound for ps3 version.[/QUOTE]

When I played the demo for the PS3 it was in PCM 7.1 surround sound. Are you saying this is not the case for the retail copy or there just isn't Dolby Digital 5.1 offered in addition with the PCM 7.1 audio?

just checked the back of my ps3 gase and theres no dolby digital or dts logos. :cry: so that should answer your question.

[quote name='S_G']When I played the demo for the PS3 it was in PCM 7.1 surround sound. Are you saying this is not the case for the retail copy or there just isn't Dolby Digital 5.1 offered in addition with the PCM 7.1 audio?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='technicalstylez']just checked the back of my ps3 gase and theres no dolby digital or dts logos. :cry: so that should answer your question.[/QUOTE]

Do you know if the retail copy supports uncompressed 5.1/7.1 PCM as the demo does? 5.1/7.1 PCM is the superior format and should be preferred over Dolby Digital or DTS unless optical cables are still being used instead of HDMI for audio.

[quote name='S_G']Do you know if the retail copy supports uncompressed 5.1/7.1 PCM as the demo does? 5.1/7.1 PCM is the superior format and should be preferred over Dolby Digital or DTS unless optical cables are still being used instead of HDMI for audio.[/QUOTE]

I really don't know why the audio for the demo would be different than the retail disk

[quote name='BingoBrown']No. I have a massive backlog and no immediate need to play this game. It will hit $10 sooner or later, so I'm waiting.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty much my price point for games. Well < $20. I have so many games to go through right now so I probably won't get another game until late March or June. I'll take the free games I get through contest etc. Lol

Wow thanks for the head's up on the coupon! I had just received a couple of $4 coupons and one of them had to be used by the 13th. I was pissed when I saw that it excluded games but when I entered it in it actually took $5 off for me as well! The verbiage said something like "$5 off a $5 purchase" and didn't acknowledge it as any type of rewards dollars.

So I got an extra buck off and used my e-certificate from the Google deal last month to get it for essentially $10 (well, really $5.74 since I still have $4.26 leftover).

Awesome deal!

Good catch! I have 2 $5 and 1 $4. You can only use one per order however. The good news is that the $4 takes off $5 as well.

Thanks OP Snagged one early this morning at TRU near me. Quite a few copies left for anyone near the TRU in College Point, Queens NY. Demo was fantastic but I couldn't justify this as a $60 price game. This is definitely more like it. It really is true what they say about Ubisoft games.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Wow thanks for the head's up on the coupon! I had just received a couple of $4 coupons and one of them had to be used by the 13th. I was pissed when I saw that it excluded games but when I entered it in it actually took $5 off for me as well! The verbiage said something like "$5 off a $5 purchase" and didn't acknowledge it as any type of rewards dollars.

So I got an extra buck off and used my e-certificate from the Google deal last month to get it for essentially $10 (well, really $5.74 since I still have $4.26 leftover).

Awesome deal![/QUOTE]

The $10 for $20 coupon? If so, that and a $4 e-cert Is overpriced.

Had to reorder one to use my $5 coupon (too late to cancel the first order). No problem though since I bought enough Google Offer codes to cover me a second time (combined them on a Giftcard). I'll just return the first copy in-store.

must have been mentioned but PS3 version is backordered online (even though site does not say so, after ordering I got the notification)

Thanks OP, grabbed one last night in store. There was no signage, so I asked the clerk to price check it. I told him I read it was $19.99, he said, "Oh, it shouldn't be, it just came out." But sure enough it did! Glad I waited to pick it up. Thanks again.

For those in the NE Ohio area, the TRU in Mayfield had about 8 copies left for the 360, as of about 6PM last night.

Got a backorder email for the 360 version. Would have picked it up in store if I didn't have those reward certificates which people have said worked with the online order. Strangely enough, the $5 reward dollars that I have which is valid till 1/13 didn't work, but the one that is valid for 1/14-1/28 worked. And like others have said, it was a $4 dollar reward coupon which took off $5. I wonder if I can use it again in-store since I got the same message that chriscolbert did stating that it was a $5 off $5 purchase or some such.

Do backorders from Toys R Us get filled, or is just their way of saying it is going to be cancelled?

I'm certainly in no rush to get the game, just curious if I'm going to get it at all.

[quote name='elvis731']Thanks OP, grabbed one last night in store. There was no signage, so I asked the clerk to price check it. I told him I read it was $19.99, he said, "Oh, it shouldn't be, it just came out." But sure enough it did! Glad I waited to pick it up. Thanks again.

For those in the NE Ohio area, the TRU in Mayfield had about 8 copies left for the 360, as of about 6PM last night.[/QUOTE]

I live in Chardon, so I'll go out there to get one for my brother. Thanks!

Just beat the game on a rental from gamefly with my $1 for 2 month membership. So far I've beaten this, X-Men Destiny, and Spider-Man Edge of Time in about 2 weeks or so, not bad for $1 thus far.

This game is really fun, but it has some really unforgiving levels, the final level was a real pain the the butt for me.

Stopped by TRU in Selma, TX and there was no indication that the game was $20. Should it ring up as such or is my local TRU just lame?

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Just beat the game on a rental from gamefly with my $1 for 2 month membership. So far I've beaten this, X-Men Destiny, and Spider-Man Edge of Time in about 2 weeks or so, not bad for $1 thus far.

This game is really fun, but it has some really unforgiving levels, the final level was a real pain the the butt for me.[/QUOTE]

co-op mode removes all difficulty, just like with super mario Wii.

But it gets replaced with some pretty rage-inducing troll potential.

EDIT: typo

Well since it's same system co-op that wasn't really an option for me. The main reason I am not that interested in owning this is due to no online co-op

bread's done
Back