Rayman Origins $19.99 with Free Shipping at Toys R Us

hqn101

CAGiversary!
Feedback
99 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
I just picked up a 360 copy at my local Toys R Us.

Surprisingly, they had it marked as on sale and at 20 dollars. Im surprised there were any left.

And to the guy a couple posts above me, most Toys R Us do not have it marked as 19.99. But it will ring up.

[quote name='XorpheusX']Stopped by TRU in Selma, TX and there was no indication that the game was $20. Should it ring up as such or is my local TRU just lame?[/QUOTE]

Mine didn't have it mark either, but it rang up as $19.99.

Grabbed one in Frederick, MD today. The guy in the electronics department thought I was joking when I said it was $20, then promptly went to buy one for himself when it came up for that price.

Thanks OP!

[quote name='XorpheusX']Stopped by TRU in Selma, TX and there was no indication that the game was $20. Should it ring up as such or is my local TRU just lame?[/QUOTE]

Wait. So, you were IN the store, but didn't check?

[quote name='cigaro']Surprisingly, they had it marked as on sale and at 20 dollars. Im surprised there were any left.
[/QUOTE]

It's probably a great game, but rayman doesn't have the same following as other franchises. If it were $10 or some other amount where homeless hoarders can make $2 off of flipping it, then I'd be surprised it was still left, but $20 is going to be regular price really soon. At this stage in the consoles' lifecycles, it's hard to put out any game at $60 except the latest COD and expect it to sell.

Just got back from Best Buy. They were able to price match it based on the print out I took from toysrus.com. Took some coaxing, speaking to a supervisor, and patiently waiting, but it worked. YMMV.

Thanks OP.
Best buy price matched. I had picked it up for $40 last week.
Best buy ended up looking it up on thier computer instead of trusting my phone.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Why wouldn't they just do it without coaxing? It's their policy.[/QUOTE]

Because all he had was a print out of their online price. Best Buy doesn't match retailer's website prices, unless it's the same price in-store.

[quote name='dino88']Because all he had was a print out of their online price. Best Buy doesn't match retailer's website prices, unless it's the same price in-store.[/QUOTE]

But it is that price in store...

Again, no "coaxing" should be necessary.

[quote name='KtMack23']But it is that price in store...

Again, no "coaxing" should be necessary.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is. I know this. You know this. Was Best Buy supposed to immediately know their in-store price when all they were shown was a print out from their website?

Just got this price matched at Best Buy manager didn't even bother to call just looked it up on TRU website and gave me the deal. This was in Sacramento,CA.

Step 1: Print Screen
Step 2: Open Photoshop
Step 3: Paste image
Step 4: Change price of 3DS to $15
Step 5: Print
Step 6: Bring to BB to price match

Just because a print out looks real doesn't make it real, so yeah they need to verify the price. Just be glad they price matched it. Policy or not, they still did it and he got the game he wanted for $20. Would it have been better if it was easier? Sure, but it still worked out in the end.

[quote name='dino88']Yes, it is. I know this. You know this. Was Best Buy supposed to immediately know their in-store price when all they were shown was a print out from their website?[/QUOTE]

They have Espn.

[quote name='dino88']Yes, it is. I know this. You know this. Was Best Buy supposed to immediately know their in-store price when all they were shown was a print out from their website?[/QUOTE]

No, but a simple phone call would remove the need for the coaxing I would hope. When I go in tonight I'm not even going to bother bringing up the ad.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Wait. So, you were IN the store, but didn't check?[/QUOTE]

Laziness, yeah, I know. I'm a bad CAG. :p Either way, had to go back out about an hour and a half ago for some other stuff so I stopped by TRU and picked it up. Thanks OP!

[quote name='kiwimonster']Just got this price matched at Best Buy manager didn't even bother to call just looked it up on TRU website and gave me the deal. This was in Sacramento,CA.[/QUOTE]
The same thing happened to me except I'm in Lafayette, Indiana.

The $5 coupon for TRU members no longer works on games. Also, the TRU employee was kinda a jerk so I just walked over to BB to price match.

Everyone above is right. After playing this, if you don't buy this you hate fun.

To those who managed to get in on this early online, has anyone's game actually shipped? Granted, it is the weekend and the deal just went up yesterday, so I'm not necessarily expecting it to ship before Monday, but TRU's tracking is annoyingly vague. For order status, all I have is "Item(s) located in stock." I'm guessing that means that no it hasn't shipped, but yes we've claimed a copy on your behalf. All these people hitting backorders have got me scared senseless. D:

[quote name='WormFOODx']The $5 coupon for TRU members no longer works on games. Also, the TRU employee was kinda a jerk so I just walked over to BB to price match.

Everyone above is right. After playing this, if you don't buy this you hate fun.[/QUOTE]

They do work if you them online.

Got the price match at Best Buy. They just checked the website in the gaming department, no "coaxing" necessary. The cashier couldn't say enough good things about the game, he really liked it.

[quote name='KtMack23']Got the price match at Best Buy. They just checked the website in the gaming department, no "coaxing" necessary. The cashier couldn't say enough good things about the game, he really liked it.[/QUOTE]

The guy needed to coax his best buy because his best buy is more hard ass than your's. You're not special so stop rubbing it in like you are awesome and did something cool.

[quote name='confoosious']The guy needed to coax his best buy because his best buy is more hard ass than your's. You're not special so stop rubbing it in like you are awesome and did something cool.[/QUOTE]

Gosh C-Foo, I thought we were cool?

[quote name='KtMack23']Gosh C-Foo, I thought we were cool?[/QUOTE]

We are but there's no reason to rub it in just cause that guy had to coax his bestbuy. We all know PMing at BB is YMMV.

I don't see what rubbing in he did unless poster was being sarcastic. They both got their games at the end, so no rubbing in necessary. All's well that ends well.

[quote name='confoosious']We are but there's no reason to rub it in just cause that guy had to coax his bestbuy. We all know PMing at BB is YMMV.[/QUOTE]

Alright, sorry if I offended anyone, didn't mean to be a dick. My point is more that customers shouldn't have to "coax" best buy into honoring their own policy. But sadly, we do :(

[quote name='BigPoeticCanine']To those who managed to get in on this early online, has anyone's game actually shipped? Granted, it is the weekend and the deal just went up yesterday, so I'm not necessarily expecting it to ship before Monday, but TRU's tracking is annoyingly vague. For order status, all I have is "Item(s) located in stock." I'm guessing that means that no it hasn't shipped, but yes we've claimed a copy on your behalf. All these people hitting backorders have got me scared senseless. D:[/QUOTE]

I purchased last night 11 est and they shipped this afternoon thru usps priority scheduled del. for monday

[quote name='KtMack23']Alright, sorry if I offended anyone, didn't mean to be a dick. My point is more that customers shouldn't have to "coax" best buy into honoring their own policy. But sadly, we do :([/QUOTE]

Sad part is you do still. Making great deals but the PM is so hot and cold you at times have to quote them their own policy.

Picked it up in-store today. They had a sign up by it advertising the $19.99 price.

I also bought FEAR 3 for $19.99.

[quote name='S_G']When I played the demo for the PS3 it was in PCM 7.1 surround sound. Are you saying this is not the case for the retail copy or there just isn't Dolby Digital 5.1 offered in addition with the PCM 7.1 audio?[/QUOTE]

The back of PS3 game boxes are not always accurate with their information, fyi. Lots of games say they don't support 1080i/p output when they actually do, and vice versa. Many games don't list DTS support when they actually do.

^ Yeah I've noticed that with DTS support, I've been pleasantly surprised to see my receiver getting DTS even though box didn't say it was supported.

[quote name='scottman']It's probably a great game, but rayman doesn't have the same following as other franchises. If it were $10 or some other amount where homeless hoarders can make $2 off of flipping it, then I'd be surprised it was still left, but $20 is going to be regular price really soon. At this stage in the consoles' lifecycles, it's hard to put out any game at $60 except the latest COD and expect it to sell.[/QUOTE]

Having said that, I just played both xbox and ps3 demos, and this game is one of the best platformers I've played in a while. I had to go to TRU and pick one up. The difficulty seems just right, not so easy like a lot of recent platformers, and frustrating enough if you want to collect everything.

As for xbox vs ps3, the colors seemed slightly more vibrant on xbox (more cartoony) whereas ps3 was a little muted (more realistic), but if you don't play both next to each other, you wouldn't notice. Xbox showed DD audio on my receiver, PS3 didn't, so not sure if my setup didn't accept whatever it was putting out or if the PS3 demo doesn't have any multichannel. Even though the PS3 d-pad is better, it seemed unresponsive for this game, and I enjoyed using the xbox analog stick more.

Just ordered my Wii version using my Google $20. I really would have preferred the PS3 version, the demo looked really good, but for basically $10 I'll take it for my kids 7thbirthday. Thanks OP.

Anyone else having issues with the CAG price tracker? I had this game set for $20 and never received an e-mail. While checking to see if my e-mail address was correct, which it was, I noticed a few other games I had in there that had definitely appeared well below my requested prices. What gives?

I can't remember the last time I received a notification.

Got an Xbox copy tonight. Didn't see any sales signage but it rang up $19.99. Plenty of copies of Xbox and PS3 at Cherry Hill, NJ store.

[quote name='sTaTIx']The back of PS3 game boxes are not always accurate with their information, fyi. Lots of games say they don't support 1080i/p output when they actually do, and vice versa. Many games don't list DTS support when they actually do.[/QUOTE]

Wait, so the PS3 version does have surround sound? I picked up the 360 version for the sole reason that the PS3 version allegedly only had stereo sound.

I'm in love with this game, i game on pc most of the time so playing a game on my console at first feels weird, low res textures and half the framerate but this game, this freaking game looks and runs absolutely beautifully, the art, the music!! I have the tunes stuck on my head, specially the ones when you turn those golden like insects in red! That tune is awesome! back to play!

[quote name='cag1000']Why hasn't this been price matched yet at Amazon? We all submitted it.[/QUOTE]

I would not advise you to hold your breath on this front.

bread's done
Back