Rayman Origins $19.99 with Free Shipping at Toys R Us

hqn101

CAGiversary!
Feedback
99 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Mine came cracked at the bottom. Pretty miffed about it as that has never happened before - even in a bubble mailer. I'll attempt to exchange if/when I get the chance.

I've had two games come cracked these past couple months. This and Rock Band 3. Rayman was particularly bad and the entire bottom was shattered in like 10 pieces and it was cracked up through to where the label was. It must have been absolutely crushed or dropped with a pretty hefty fall. I bought another Rayman today at BB and am returning my one from TRU. I called customer service and they straightened it out. I'm supposed to receive a return label though and still have not gotten it. The guy said it could take 24 hours, but via email that sounds weird since email is instant.

Ack, just got back from class and opened up the envelope, then went straight to this thread to see what was up. I notice some people complaining about the condition of the box so I did a quick check to see if mine was ok... well there seems to be a tear on the cover art paper. Haven't unwrapped the game yet, unsure if it's worth making a fuss over or if I should just keep it...

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']I've had two games come cracked these past couple months. This and Rock Band 3. Rayman was particularly bad and the entire bottom was shattered in like 10 pieces and it was cracked up through to where the label was. It must have been absolutely crushed or dropped with a pretty hefty fall. I bought another Rayman today at BB and am returning my one from TRU. I called customer service and they straightened it out. I'm supposed to receive a return label though and still have not gotten it. The guy said it could take 24 hours, but via email that sounds weird since email is instant.[/QUOTE]

Glad you got that straightened out. Simply taking off the shrink-wrap should not excuse a damaged good.

I asked my fiance to pick this up for me if she went into the city. She said there was probably 10 or more left on the shelf, and there was no price on the shelf or games themselves. She didn't know if it was still on sale or not. It was, she brought it to me this evening. It's too bad there isn't an official sales announcement on this game. It deserves to sell well. I'm letting all my peeps know.

I seem to recall someone saying this would be in an upcoming ad, any idea if it'll be the 1/15 ad or the 1/22 ad? Should be easier to PM it at Best Buy then (or Walmart) since nearest TRU is 30+ mins and it's been OOS for days now.

I was surprised and relieved to see that TRU still had about six copies for Xbox. I'm not sure how many PS3 copies they had, but I know it was in stock because another guy bought one. The two employees there (one of whom is apparently a CAG) were shocked by the price...it sounded like they'll most likely buy copies as well.

Hmmm... between that condom-tailed monster and the 'adult-like' scene that starts around 4:23, this game seems like the perverted, old school, Disney subliminal message type deal. I hope the whole game wasn't done by a creep! Too bad I opened mine before doing more research! That Disney sh*t weirds me out!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dpmhjip35Os

As with previous games in the franchise, it's full of slapstick and bathroom humor, but it's nothing that would be considered inappropriate for the average 5-year-old. I personally don't see anything sexual (intentional or otherwise), so I think you're just looking too much into it.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Hmmm... between that condom-tailed monster and the 'adult-like' scene that starts around 4:23, this game seems like the perverted, old school, Disney subliminal message type deal. I hope the whole game wasn't done by a creep! Too bad I opened mine before doing more research! That Disney sh*t weirds me out![/QUOTE]

i don't see it i've had the game since black friday and never noticed anything overly sexual in any way i think your just thinking too much into it :roll:

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Kids aren't supposed to understand. Atleast I didn't as a child. Just seems creepy.[/QUOTE]
They aren't supposed to understand what exactly? Fart jokes? 'Cause that's about the worst thing you'll find in this game and from my experience, if there's anyone who understands fart jokes, it's kids. You're going to find much worse things on Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon, which are aimed directly at kids.

Some parents don't educate their children and let games, TV, movies do their job.as a result, you become a paranoid police officer trying to control everything your children do, see, watch because you are not doing your job educating your children properly.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Kids aren't supposed to understand. Atleast I didn't as a child. Just seems creepy.[/QUOTE]

I watched the video you posted and I guess if you were really looking for sex you might see something suggestive there, but I think you are reading into it way too much. I don't think the game is trying to allude to anything sexual. Looks fun and colorful. I was also really like the whole Gradius/Lifeforce homage there.

[quote name='ZombieToast']They aren't supposed to understand what exactly? Fart jokes? 'Cause that's about the worst thing you'll find in this game and from my experience, if there's anyone who understands fart jokes, it's kids. You're going to find much worse things on Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon, which are aimed directly at kids.[/QUOTE]

The adult-ish type aesthetics. You are the 1 who mentioned something about a 5 year old. Any parent with a '5 year old' who understands any of this stuff, should be '___insert crazy method here__'.

I pointed out the fact that this game DOES include adult-like 'themes', so to say. You can take "themes" and twist that how you, but I told you what I'm speaking of.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Hmmm... between that condom-tailed monster and the 'adult-like' scene that starts around 4:23, this game seems like the perverted, old school, Disney subliminal message type deal. I hope the whole game wasn't done by a creep! Too bad I opened mine before doing more research! That Disney sh*t weirds me out![/QUOTE]

If you're reading that much into that scene, it seems to me you're the one with the issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nypickle']old news[/QUOTE]
well it would be nice if its stated in the OP cuz must people dont go around reading every post in a forum

I grabbed this in store. I'm probably going to see if I can price-match it at Best Buy and return it. Seriously, fuck TRU. I used to think it was only the deal that mattered, but I absolutely don't want them to get my money. It was the worst shopping experience I've ever had and I hope to God everyone in that store is fired in the most spectacular way possible.

[quote name='Shmitty']I grabbed this in store. I'm probably going to see if I can price-match it at Best Buy and return it. Seriously, fuck TRU. I used to think it was only the deal that mattered, but I absolutely don't want them to get my money. It was the worst shopping experience I've ever had and I hope to God everyone in that store is fired in the most spectacular way possible.[/QUOTE]

I understand when employees can be hard to deal with but I would never wish unemployment on anyone.

im hoping i can find this tomorrow at the ghetto ass TRU by me. my hopes arent high though. wish i saw this thread sooner. had a $20 GC for about a year now that i never used.

Went to the store i always go to - Sold Out on ps3!!

i want to use my $15 gift card!

i guess i'll have to try the other store.

Rayman PS3 for $20 was a great deal and TRU shipped fast. Purchased on Friday and game arrived Monday! This was my first experience with TRU online and I've got no problem ordering from them again.

[quote name='confoosious']If you're reading that much into that scene, it seems to me you're the one with the issues.[/QUOTE]

The only 'issues' I have is you don't know how to STFU. Is your life THAT boring and pathetic that I can go into, just about, ANY random thread and see some garbage you've spewed? Try buying a game AND playing it. Then, maybe, you won't be glued to the board so much. Go for a walk. Get out of the house!

Oh, and....CLICK!

awwww someone got their feelings hurt cause no one else saw something sexual in that scene.

garbage? you're the one posting garbage about how rayman is sumbliminally sexual. :roll:

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Hmmm... between that condom-tailed monster and the 'adult-like' scene that starts around 4:23, this game seems like the perverted, old school, Disney subliminal message type deal. I hope the whole game wasn't done by a creep! Too bad I opened mine before doing more research! That Disney sh*t weirds me out!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dpmhjip35Os[/QUOTE]

Hmm...i personally don't find anything sexual about this scene. I also played that monster part and condoms never once crossed my mind lol. Guess some people saw things differently i suppose. Great game nonetheless.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Hmmm... between that condom-tailed monster and the 'adult-like' scene that starts around 4:23, this game seems like the perverted, old school, Disney subliminal message type deal. I hope the whole game wasn't done by a creep! Too bad I opened mine before doing more research! That Disney sh*t weirds me out!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dpmhjip35Os[/QUOTE]

Condom tail monster? Really?

I have no idea how you can see that, only one other person I know who can see issues where there are none.

You're not related to Jack Thompson are you?

I just finished absolutely annihilating this game top to bottom, all medallions and speed trophies collected, and all cages found. Got all 10 skull tooths for a brutal challenge afterward.

This is the first game I've 1000/1000 gamescored, and I'm a user with close to 50K total. That should tell you how much I loved this game. Just so absolutely amazing, I haven't fallen in love with something like this in quite some time. I'm sure everyone is decided on whether or not they will get it by this point, but I can't express enough how this is an upper echelon game.

[quote name='dmdragon']Condom tail monster? Really?

I have no idea how you can see that, only one other person I know who can see issues where there are none.

You're not related to Jack Thompson are you?[/QUOTE]

You have to admit that when the level is over and the score is being tallied, it does get very phallic.

I saw it the first time i finished a level. I don't see the condom thing though.

Did you guys get confirmation emails when you ordered? I ordered a copy for ps3 on Friday, and I think the site ate my order. I never got an email, and I checked my card and it was not charged.

I used the phone website logged in as a guest since I was afraid it would sell out before I got home. D'oh!

[quote name='8bitArtist']went to my TRU and they had about 10 tickets for rayman left. used my $20 GC and paid $1.19 for it. fffffuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccckkkkkkkkkk yeah![/QUOTE]
Cheaaa!

[quote name='harry hood']I just finished absolutely annihilating this game top to bottom, all medallions and speed trophies collected, and all cages found. Got all 10 skull tooths for a brutal challenge afterward.

This is the first game I've 1000/1000 gamescored, and I'm a user with close to 50K total. That should tell you how much I loved this game. Just so absolutely amazing, I haven't fallen in love with something like this in quite some time. I'm sure everyone is decided on whether or not they will get it by this point, but I can't express enough how this is an upper echelon game.[/QUOTE]

Just curious but how many hours would you estimate it at?

Incredibly fun game for both my fiance and I! Great multiplayer experience. I too am determined to get all the trophies!

Having seen the scoring count at the end several times, not once did I observe the potentially sexual nature of it until someone else suggested it. I do have to admit that the tail on the monster did look like it was covered with a condom. I suppose experience and mindset determine those kinds of observations. I'm surprised no one's mentioned the very scantily-clad, big-tittied chicks that need rescuing throughout the game. Not that a 10 year old won't see that elsewhere, but it seems to push a bit past the ESRB rating. But of course the developer has to market the game to as wide a demographic as possible.

bread's done
Back