Rayman Origins: Collector's Edition $43.22 @ The Hut

[quote name='JaylisJayP']What comes in the CE? The link doesnt say unless i missed it.[/QUOTE]

You missed it
pic2h.jpg

[quote name='allen9917']This is the european version, right? will I be able to play online on PSN with this version?[/QUOTE]

As of now the game does not have any online. If you need to download any updates and such, you just make a EU sub account

[quote name='chunlirocks']As of now the game does not have any online. If you need to download any updates and such, you just make a EU sub account[/QUOTE]

As much I'd love to support the game and have the CE (already own the US version) I don't think I want to have an entirely different account to manage patches.

I just wish they would have released it here in the US. Europe consistently gets some great CEs.

[quote name='chunlirocks']As of now the game does not have any online. If you need to download any updates and such, you just make a EU sub account[/QUOTE]

Hm, are you positive that's how it works? I could have sworn that I still had to patch a few games from other regions while on my US account. I have accounts from other regions, but I never actually play anything on those accounts.

[quote name='barrit']Hm, are you positive that's how it works? I could have sworn that I still had to patch a few games from other regions while on my US account. I have accounts from other regions, but I never actually play anything on those accounts.[/QUOTE]

I think that is true for patches but not dlc but not 100% positive

Sad that this CE didn't come to the US, but that's not a bad price at all. Wonderful game too and if it helps Ansel make a Beyond Good & Evil 2, I'll buy an extra copy. :)

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I can't comment on patches, but I know DLC must be bought/downloaded from that specific regions PSN store.[/QUOTE]

Yea that is correct. DLC is sort of "region locked" as in it's only compatible with the game of that same region.. which also means you'd need an account from that region to purchase that DLC to begin with. However, you can still play that game and its DLC on your US PSN account.

I've been keeping an eye on this at Zavvi, and this 20 dollar difference is definitely pushing me. I don't know if I want this for $44, or $20 from Toys r' Us (that way, I can also get my Final Fantasy XIII-2 Collector's Edition). Thank you though, OP! Something to think about.

[quote name='dallow']One of the prettier CEs out there. I want it.

Too bad PS3 version is borked. (no 5.1)[/QUOTE]

The 360 version is 2.0 eventhough it says otherwise on the box

[quote name='chunlirocks']The 360 version is 2.0 eventhough it says otherwise on the box[/QUOTE]I've heard the opposite.
Very strange. I'll find out though, I know someone who owns it.

[quote name='chunlirocks']The 360 version is 2.0 eventhough it says otherwise on the box[/QUOTE]

You were right!
Other channels are silent on both systems.

[quote name='wquach']Great offer OP.

I'll add my two cents to make the deal sweeter.

Zavvi has it for $24.95, and with coupon code BEST2011 you save 10% off.

My total with shipping comes out to be: 23.44 pounds -> $35.87

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/rayman-origins-collector/10550780.html[/QUOTE]
Thank you to both the OP and wquach! I finally made my purchase through Zavvi! It's my second copy (have it for 360), but I really wanted the Collector's edition as well for this game (it's SO good!).

[quote name='wquach']Great offer OP.

I'll add my two cents to make the deal sweeter.

Zavvi has it for $24.95, and with coupon code BEST2011 you save 10% off.

My total with shipping comes out to be: 23.44 pounds -> $35.87

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/rayman-origins-collector/10550780.html[/QUOTE]

This is definitely making it harder. So correct me if I'm wrong but if I got this for 360 it would work just fine or would I need any patches through a UK account? Does this game lack anything when unpatched?

Patches are fine on any account, that's not how 360s work. Also, most Ubisoft games are not region locked, so it shouldn't be a problem for the disc playing.

Why couldn't we get a soundtrack over here? The music in this game is incredible. I would love to sit around and listen to the water levels' songs.

Was little disappointed to pick from hut at around $45 since it is cheaper now, but noticed that either site does not ship for a month now.

I believe Zavvi and The Hut are sister sites, so I typically check both for prices since they offer the same/similar items (although I recommend for future purchases, Zavvi typically has at least equal or cheaper prices).

As for newbies to either site, the biggest hurdle is availability and shipping speed. If you are in no hurry to receive your games (like me with my backlog), then it's no problem. You will receive your brand new game in perfect condtion, never had an issue.

But be ready to wait at least a week (or longer) even when in stock to get your game.

Damn, missed out on this deal.. even though I already own the game for xbox and ps3 (as I love the game and wanted to support it as much as possible).

Anyways, I know this might be a long shot here, but would any fellow CAGer be willing to sell one of their copies once they get it? Please let me know w/ a PM. I would appreciate it very much! :)

bread's done
Back