Razer Barracuda AC-1 Gaming Sound Card $70

I saw as well. I don't think this card supports full EAX standards which makes it an issue for certain games.

Also, They don't specifically say that it supports Vista -- which could also be an issue for some gamers.

I've been using a 5.1 Logitech Surround Sound system with my on board sound card. The computer is about 7 years old too. Would this be a steal on my part to purchase this item? Or are there better ones out there?

[quote name='nayrkcin']I've been using a 5.1 Logitech Surround Sound system with my on board sound card. The computer is about 7 years old too. Would this be a steal on my part to purchase this item? Or are there better ones out there?[/QUOTE]

Well since its still going for around $150 and its not a refurb, its certianlly a steal. I went ahead and got them mainly so that I can give myself a reason to hook up my sound system to the pc. I'm hoping they'll actually sound better than the consoles they're currently hooked up to, but thats just wishful thinking

I was surprised when I saw this last night, never even heard of it. Everyone always mentions the X-Fi like it's a standard.

I bit. I figured anything is better than my onboard Realtek Audio and I like the fact that this has built-in toslink input and output. The only X-Fi card that has built-in toslink is the PCI-E version and I hear that one is harder on your PCs resources. Anyway, thanks for the deal OP!

bread's done
Back