Razer Carcharias Gaming Headset $34.99 + $2.99 S&H (Tiger Direct)

A very comfortable, great sounding headset - worth this price easily.

I have mine paired with a Turtle Beach DSS.

The only negative I have to say about it is that the volume/mic clip is a little awkward to deal with when you're gaming, but that's a very minor personal complaint.

This looks pretty interesting and its a good discount. I don't have alot of headset needs for PC but there are also ways to use it with a 360 which doubles its value. Now if only i could find an adapter for PS3 then its perfect.

[quote name='Samurien']Hey guys, was in the market for....[/QUOTE]
I swear there are at least 4 threads this week with posts that starts with these words...

[quote name='Daviddenton3']This looks pretty interesting and its a good discount. I don't have alot of headset needs for PC but there are also ways to use it with a 360 which doubles its value. Now if only i could find an adapter for PS3 then its perfect.[/QUOTE]

I think with an astro mixamp you could get it to work with ps3, though I'm not sure.

[quote name='Daviddenton3']This looks pretty interesting and its a good discount. I don't have alot of headset needs for PC but there are also ways to use it with a 360 which doubles its value. Now if only i could find an adapter for PS3 then its perfect.[/QUOTE]

You can make it work. It would take a cheap usb sound card.

Maybe Im retarded, but I can't seem to find where I enter the coupon code at... :cry:

EDIT: Nevermind, I see it now. Great deal on the headset.

coupon code is at the bottom of the checkout info page, near where you enter payment info. I had a problem finding it too, seems they hope you'll forget about the coupon part.

And thanks for the info, i've done some research into methods for using it on 360 & PS3 and have bookmarked some products to look into after it comes in.

Picked these up as well! Thank you so much, I've been using some cheap $10 SkullCandy earbuds for the past few months and needed something a bit nicer. Plus, now I'll be able to chat while gaming too. Thanks again!

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Despite the fact that I already own a Creative Fatality Mk2, I find myself wanting this headset. Must... not... buy...[/QUOTE]

Save your cash. It's Razer, the only thing they make that's worth any money is mice. Their keyboards and especially their headphones/speakers are trash.

[quote name='SEH']Save your cash. It's Razer, the only thing they make that's worth any money is mice. Their keyboards and especially their headphones/speakers are trash.[/QUOTE]

second that, the Razer mice/keyboard has been through high-traffic use at our office, and still works great after 5+ years.

Personally for headsets i stick with the more marketed brand (curses i know), Astro, Turtle Beach, Madcatz, and Logictech. (1 of each, and it's the F540 that gets used the most when it comes to gaming, coupled with a DDS of course)

[quote name='SEH']Save your cash. It's Razer, the only thing they make that's worth any money is mice. Their keyboards and especially their headphones/speakers are trash.[/QUOTE]

Disagree on the keyboard, been rocking an Arctosa for about 2 years now. The audio stuff I have no clue about though.

From reading reviews/watching about seven or eight videos on Youtube, it sounds like it's not a bad headset at all. Not amazing, by any means, but for $38, is it really going to be a bad pick-up for the price? From what I could tell, it's well worth the discount.

Yeah, I figured for msrp it really wasn't overly worth it but for 38 bucks even if it wasn't the best thing in the world it doesn't have to be for the price.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Disagree on the keyboard, been rocking an Arctosa for about 2 years now. The audio stuff I have no clue about though.[/QUOTE]

Eh, I've gone through two Tarantulas and a Lycosa. Easily the worst keyboards I've ever used. My friend has also had tons of issues with his Tarantula (keys randomly decide to not register).

[quote name='SEH']Eh, I've gone through two Tarantulas and a Lycosa. Easily the worst keyboards I've ever used. My friend has also had tons of issues with his Tarantula (keys randomly decide to not register).[/QUOTE]

That's weird, I think I've had my Tarantula for about 3-4 years now no problem, except for when the macro keys didn't work on win 7.

It looks good for the price your actually paying. if i were busting out $80 for it would be alot more concerned (even for $60).
Most of the reviews are generally positive, the bad reviews make is seem like its cobbled together with bubble gum and old radio parts but thats just because those few with broken products are the most vocal about it

bread's done
Back