Razer Onza Professional Tournament Edition Xbox 360 Controller $39.96

ah contemplated on buying this because of the separate d-pad unlike in the original xbox controller. but its still not good for enough for MK

Not a bad price but you need to be weary. I have this controller and I like it but I have had problems with it. Namely the right stick drifts meaning when it is in the neutral position and I am playing black ops my guy will start to aim upward. Left trigger has issues as well. When I press it either does not respond or it aims down the sights real quick then jumps back to not aiming down the sights. It is almost like I am rapidly pushing the left trigger. Overall it has received mixed reviews and I am far from the only one who has had problems. If people buy this be sure you are able to easily return it as I have read people are on their second and third one already.

[quote name='giantqtipz']ah contemplated on buying this because of the separate d-pad unlike in the original xbox controller. but its still not good for enough for MK[/QUOTE]

The D-Pad is still awful. It seems it was solely designed for action games like Codblops and Gears of War where each direction is a separate command rather than something designed for movement or multiple directional input (for fighting games).

There are also a lot of quality control issues with the Onza. I've been through two and gave up on Razer for the time being. For one, the right analog stick had some sort of internal calibration error so when it was neutral it was registering a downward input. The other one I received had the same problem and also had two face buttons that only functioned intermittently. Just unacceptable.

As a PC gamer, all I ask for is a X360 controller with:
1) Razer stylings
2) QUALITY CONTROL
3) This D-Pad:
saturn_a.jpg

Hell, just make the Saturn or Genesis 6 button controller, add some triggers and two analog sticks and I would be a happy camper.

[quote name='Ensoul']Not a bad price but you need to be weary. I have this controller and I like it but I have had problems with it. Namely the right stick drifts meaning when it is in the neutral position and I am playing black ops my guy will start to aim upward. Left trigger has issues as well. When I press it either does not respond or it aims down the sights real quick then jumps back to not aiming down the sights. It is almost like I am rapidly pushing the left trigger. Overall it has received mixed reviews and I am far from the only one who has had problems. If people buy this be sure you are able to easily return it as I have read people are on their second and third one already.[/QUOTE]

I bought mine from Best Buy in April and I have not experienced any of those problems while playing black ops. If you still have your receipt, you should try to get it replaced under warranty.

[quote name='thetruth1983']I bought mine from Best Buy in April and I have not experienced any of those problems while playing black ops. If you still have your receipt, you should try to get it replaced under warranty.[/QUOTE]

I bought this back in April as well and like an idiot I threw out the receipt. From what I have been reading Razer won't help you unless you have the receipt even if you register it which I did. (Razer wants to receipt so they can be sure you bought it at an authorized dealer, which I think is silly) I mean I can use the controller but these issues are very frustrating. You are lucky you got a good one but I simply cannot recommend anybody buy this controller because it seems like a crap shoot whether you will get a working one or a defective one.

If you want to buy it I would recommend just paying the extra $10.00 and getting it at best buy so you can easily return it and not go through the trouble of mailing it back to amazon.

I like the buttons a lot more than the standard Microsoft controller, and the cord is incredibly long (I think 15ft?). The D-pad stinks though. The thumbsticks are hard to push down if they are titled, so running forward and pushing the stick down to sprint is a bit difficult. I would still recommend the controller though, it's comfy :) They took out that neat lime green stripe around the controller though!

[quote name='Ensoul']I bought this back in April as well and like an idiot I threw out the receipt. From what I have been reading Razer won't help you unless you have the receipt even if you register it which I did. (Razer wants to receipt so they can be sure you bought it at an authorized dealer, which I think is silly) I mean I can use the controller but these issues are very frustrating. You are lucky you got a good one but I simply cannot recommend anybody buy this controller because it seems like a crap shoot whether you will get a working one or a defective one.

If you want to buy it I would recommend just paying the extra $10.00 and getting it at best buy so you can easily return it and not go through the trouble of mailing it back to amazon.[/QUOTE]

As long as you bought it under your reward zone account, you can get a replacement receipt. Just talk to Razer's customer support and tell them this and they should be able to work with it.

Buyer beware here. this controller is not for everyone. it's definitely not the end all-be all of controllers as it was hyped to be. the d-pad is very spongy. there is a lot of travel in the button press. same with the triggers. the triggers are also shaped and angled differently from most controllers and take some time to get used to. the LB and RB buttons and triggers seem like they are not fully secure to the controller and feel loose. the plastic on the buttons feel wicked cheap too. I really like what they did with the face buttons. the face buttons respond very quickly as they have almost zero give to them. the cord is extra long as well. good if you need the length. the adjustable sticks are adequate. I didn't really experiment a lot as I felt they would break with too much wear. again...it's not the worst controller ever, but temper your expectations.

My left analogue stick started drifting down constantly, so I returned mine. Make sure you keep everything needed to return it. I don't know what Amazon requires, so I just shipped everything it came with.

I preordered my first one on Amazon and had to exchange it when the left trigger started to stick. I've been using my replacement for a couple months now. I've played a big chunk of DA2 and TWG12, completed Portal 2 and Batman:AA, and I absolutely love it. I like it so much when I play the standard controller it feels strange. If it weren't for the too smooth texture of the sticks and d-pad's difficulty with diagonal, it'd be perfect.

The controller is pretty damn good after you get used to it. The remappable buttons give a really nice advantage in shooters like Black Ops. I mapped sprint to the extra right bumper and reload to the extra left bumper. The problem is, it seems I wore out the right bumper after about three months of daily Black Ops sessions of 3 hours each. I haven't bothered to get in touch with Razer about it, although still should be under warranty. The d-pad still sucks hardcore, too, and the triggers do take some serious getting used to. Razer could have made this controller so much better, actually.

bread's done
Back