Razer Onza Reviews, Pre-Order Coupon Codes, Link for Amazon order

Veritasiness

CAG Veteran
onza-comparison.jpg

http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/DisplayCategoryProductListPage/categoryID.54297600

RZRFRSH1PUS - Free Shipping
RZRFRSH1PCA Free Shipping to Canada
RZRFRSH1PEU Free Shipping to Europe
PWN4G3 or RAZERTHX (Credit to z3razerviper)- Save $5
Credit to CyReN on the mlgpro.com forums for the coupon codes.

Link to Amazon Pre-order page. No coupon codes but it is eligible for prime (Credit to VISCO)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B004DTU0W2/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

Here is a review
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE2phSLc-Ug

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone get a tracking # or anything yet from Razer? I got a email yesterday that these are starting to ship slowly as fast as they can get them out... Haven't heard anything besides that...

[quote name='$hady']Anyone get a tracking # or anything yet from Razer? I got a email yesterday that these are starting to ship slowly as fast as they can get them out... Haven't heard anything besides that...[/QUOTE]

Got the same thing, hoping I get mine in first batch, since I ordered it about an hour after the preorder went up.

Razer is pretty damn awful at actually giving accurate dates for their product releases or even updating them on their website ever. With that said, I do love the things I have bought from them (keyboard, mouse, etc).

my brother told me he wanted one of these for his birthday in april. but i don't want to preorder something that i don't know a release date for. any release date specified yet?

As far as I can figure off their terrible website, it looks like the regular Onza (non-tournament edition) and the regular headset (Chimaira? Also the lower end version) are both available but sold out already and backordered. The tournament edition controller has their typical BS line of "currently unavailable" with no date or even hint of when the people that pre-ordered it will get it, simply saying "available in 4 weeks" which might mean their second shipment or their first.

my order for the TE says

This order will be shipped after the release date of 2/28/2011 for Razer Onza Tournament Edition.

still haven't gotten a shipping confirmation email. not sure if i was supposed to.

Amazon has even less of an idea than Razer does about when it will be available, which is already pretty fucking close to zero. I ordered Jan 25th on Amazon and also have the Feb 15 - March 16 dates, but Razer's site still just says four weeks for Tournament edition. Just like it has said that for FOUR WEEKS.

I really wish they would spend more time finishing products, giving accurate dates, and delivering on those dates than they do deleting any negative comments on their website and announcing more and more shit that will inevitably be delayed.

There was one on eBay but it looks like it sold. I haven't seen any others on eBay or Amazon so I am curious if it has actually shipped to anyone.

]I have one preordered directly from Razer, and I got this email on Feb. 24th about shipping and release.

[quote name='Razer']
Hello Callandor,

Thank you for pre-ordering the Razer Onza Tournament Edition (TE).

As you’re reading this, the Onza TEs are on their way over to our warehouses and are expected to start shipping out soon.

However, demand for the Razer Onza TE has been nothing short of mind-blowing, and we will have to fulfill pre-orders in systematic batches, shipping as many as we can every single day. Please bear with us while that happens, we guarantee your Razer Onza TE will be in as soon as humanely possible without us breaking out the whips on our warehouse minions (barely).

A shipment notification with tracking* information will be emailed to you as soon as your order is shipped. We expect all pre-orders to be shipped out within the next 3 weeks.

If you’d like to cancel your order, please email our customer care team at [email protected] and we’ll get it sorted out.

Thank you for shopping with us.[/QUOTE]

So, I would guess they sold a LOT more than they were expecting and, being a smaller company, it will take them some time to get all the orders covered.

Had some trouble checking my order status yesterday, got this reply from Razer:

Hi Gabriel,

Thank you for contacting the Razer Store.
I ran a check using your email address and I can see your order on our system.
The order number is

Can you try using this link below to check the order status?
http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/DisplayCustomerServiceOrderSearchPage

An email was sent on the 25th of February to all customers who preordered the Razer Onza TE saying that the preorders will be processed and shipped in batches within the next 3 weeks due to amount of preorders.

Once your order is shipped, you will receive the shipment confirmation email with the tracking number.
Could you please check your spam/junk mailbox in case it went over there.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Oliver
Customer Care
The Razer Store

[quote name='Gabrius']
An email was sent on the 25th of February to all customers who preordered the Razer Onza TE saying that the preorders will be processed and shipped in batches within the next 3 weeks due to amount of preorders.
[/QUOTE]

oh cool, least we got something to work with now :p

Teh regular edition was available a couple of weeks ago from the website. I got 1, its pretty cool but my hands are to big for it and the shoulder bumpers are to close to eachother for me. If anyone wants to trade for it PM me. Its in perfect condition

Has anyone that has received this given a review as of yet? I have mine in the same boat as amazon but wanted to get a hands on review while I wait.

Ive watched this controller for over a year now. I was so stuck on buying it and thought it was great till I got the cold hard facts that have turned me off about it. 1) I use the KontrolFreeks not to play FPS but because I have really large hands its almost more comfortable on my thumbs and these are NOT compatible 2) Supposedly the tension control on the sticks dont match up and there is question about how durable they are 3) Most headsets like Turtle Beaches or any major brand that has the adapter for a regular Xbox360 controller will NOT work with this controller and what a coincidence that Razer releases a line of headsets designed for there Onza remote which start at $129!!!? what a joke! 4) The controller is supposedly smaller then the regular Xbox360 Controller which bothers me cause the regular one already feels small enough in my hands

So in case anyone didnt know these things....you might want to reconsider buying this remote!

I'm curious if the d-pad is good for classics/retro (pac-man ce, etc.) I like the idea of the adjustable tension sticks, but I'll wait for some reviews.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']I hear the deadzone on this is horrible. Not very reactive.

Damn, can't use it with chatpad either. bummer[/QUOTE]

Where did you hear that?

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Based upon the FAQ the jack size for the Onza is 2.5m... Which is the standard size for 360 controllers.

http://www2.razerzone.com/onza/faq[/QUOTE]

Watch the video review. The problem is the lack of the two little slots to either side of the jack. As a result you can't plug in a chatpad or a headset that has those little things on them. A standard headset does NOT have those prongs, but I guess some 3rd party ones do? I don't know.

[quote name='vlad86']1) I use the KontrolFreeks not to play FPS but because I have really large hands its almost more comfortable on my thumbs and these are NOT compatible [/QUOTE]

According to the video review, the standard edition sticks are already as high as a standard controller with control freaks. The TE version has a height in between the two.

[quote name='crunchewy']A standard headset does NOT have those prongs, but I guess some 3rd party ones do? I don't know.[/QUOTE]I've not seen anything that really futures the two prongs in quite sometime, neither my Tritton's nor my TB x41 have them, so I guess I sort of forgot about them.

With the possible except of the Chatpad (which might use those prongs to transfer data, I really don't know) those prongs are little more than support and a simple two dollar cable extension would solve this. (that or tin snips to the prongs but I would recommend using a cable extension.)

I got a strange email overnight regarding shipping of the TE version

Very soon, some of you will be receiving an email saying your Razer Onza TE has been placed on back-order. When you do receive this email, it simply means your Onza TE has entered the processing queue and is being prepared to be shipped out of our warehouse.

Don’t worry, as usual, a shipment notification with tracking* information will be emailed to you as soon as your order is shipped.

For any enquiries, please email our customer care team at
[email protected] and we’ll get it sorted out.

Thank you for shopping with us.

*Tracking information only available if you selected a shipping method with tracking.

With lots of L33T,

RazerStore Team

[quote name='Beefyheart']I got a strange email overnight regarding shipping of the TE version

Very soon, some of you will be receiving an email saying your Razer Onza TE has been placed on back-order. When you do receive this email, it simply means your Onza TE has entered the processing queue and is being prepared to be shipped out of our warehouse.

Don’t worry, as usual, a shipment notification with tracking* information will be emailed to you as soon as your order is shipped.

For any enquiries, please email our customer care team at
[email protected] and we’ll get it sorted out.

Thank you for shopping with us.

*Tracking information only available if you selected a shipping method with tracking.

With lots of L33T,

RazerStore Team
[/QUOTE]

Got the same email this is the first and last time I pre-order from razer I mean the only reason you preorder stuff is to get it on release date not to get put on back order for etc amount of days/weeks/months.

[quote name='VISCO']Got the same email this is the first and last time I pre-order from razer I mean the only reason you preorder stuff is to get it on release date not to get put on back order for etc amount of days/weeks/months.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if that's what is happening to you all. As far as I've been able to find out it hasn't shipped for anyone so you're still likely to get it at release EVEN if their system says it was back ordered at one point.

FYI: Amazon is still saying 1 to 3 weeks for me...

they said it was going to be released feb 28 and they lied since they havent shipped any at all. reason why people pissed

I just got this email:

Dear _____

Thank you for ordering on Razer | For Gamers. By Gamers.™ |. Unfortunately, one or more of the products you ordered is

currently out of stock and could not be shipped. The product(s) has been placed on backorder and will

be shipped as soon as stock becomes available. You will receive another email notification when your

order has actually shipped.

Product Name Qty Ordered Backorder Quantity Amount
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Razer Onza Tournament Edition 1 1 $49.99

If you chose to pay by credit card, your credit card has been pre-authorized but you will not be

charged until the product ships. If you pre-paid using an alternate payment method, we will hold your

funds until the product ships. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

If you have questions about your order, please visit: www.findmyorder.com

Please note: This email message was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming

email. Please do not reply to this message.

Sincerely,
Razer | For Gamers. By Gamers.™ | Customer Service
www.razerzone.com/orderstatus/
I ordered within 5 minutes of it being available. This controller is the Chinese democracy (cd) of gaming controllers.

I am very pissed, Either way I'm never dealing with Razor again.

[quote name='CyReN']I just got this email:

I ordered within 5 minutes of it being available. This controller is the Chinese democracy (cd) of gaming controllers.

I am very pissed, Either way I'm never dealing with Razor again.[/QUOTE]

Got the same email, given they took the money via paypal 6 weeks ago, I am even more pissed. I can't cancel, they have my money and I have no controller and no idea of when I'm getting it.

There was a prior email saying once you get the backorder email, then your controller is being processes in the warehouse. Weird way of doing it, but just a heads up so you don't get in too much of a tizzie. Good luck.

Well I've been waiting on this thing for quite a while (like most people) but I finally gave up and bought one of those silver convertible D-pad new MS ones because my normal controller was wearing out.

It' actually really good - not because of the D-pad, that still sucks ass, but the triggers feel firmer (maybe mine was just worn but it does feel more firm), the new texture/finish is nice, it looks great, and best of all the thumbsticks are now even better.

Just my 2 cents - if this ever comes out I'll probably buy it too but I have doubts.

I have 1 of the ONZA controllers. Used less than 2 hrs of game play. I do not like it and am willing to trade or sell. I will post pics if necessary. Pm me

[quote name='moojuice']My Amazon order got pushed back to between 3/29-4/4[/QUOTE]

I canceled my order... I want I, but I see no reason why I need it first day of release, I'll let the early adopter deal with any bugs/issues and pick one up cheaper later on.

[quote name='shansen751']I have 1 of the ONZA controllers. Used less than 2 hrs of game play. I do not like it and am willing to trade or sell. I will post pics if necessary. Pm me[/QUOTE]

Which one do you have? Regular or Tournament (is that the right name for it) edition?

[quote name='shansen751']I have 1 of the ONZA controllers. Used less than 2 hrs of game play. I do not like it and am willing to trade or sell. I will post pics if necessary. Pm me[/QUOTE]

When did you order? AKA how the fuck did you get yours?

I ordered first day still waiting on a reply even when I ask for details. They screwed the pooch on this one.

I like how I ordered it within 5 minutes and told everyone about the code and they haven't sent it to me yet. I will never buy or recommend anything Razer again after this. Their CS blows too.

I got an email from them about 02/10/11 that they had them in stock (standard edition). Ordered and received around the 20th. I didnt have any shipping codes or anythin and it cost me 53.?? shipped

bread's done
Back