Razer Onza Reviews, Pre-Order Coupon Codes, Link for Amazon order

Veritasiness

CAG Veteran
onza-comparison.jpg

http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/DisplayCategoryProductListPage/categoryID.54297600

RZRFRSH1PUS - Free Shipping
RZRFRSH1PCA Free Shipping to Canada
RZRFRSH1PEU Free Shipping to Europe
PWN4G3 or RAZERTHX (Credit to z3razerviper)- Save $5
Credit to CyReN on the mlgpro.com forums for the coupon codes.

Link to Amazon Pre-order page. No coupon codes but it is eligible for prime (Credit to VISCO)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B004DTU0W2/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

Here is a review
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE2phSLc-Ug

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got mine, and already sent it back. The triggers don't feel good to me because of the length. The sticks are harder to press in than the standard 360 controller, and the bumpers/programmable bumpers are loud when clicking. As well as this, when the controller vibrates it makes an awful rattling sound inside the controller. Maybe mine is a lemon, but as for me, I'll stick with my yellow ltd edition tron controller :).

My review of the Razer Onza TE (Tournament Edition):

Controller feels good in the hands. Feels like a normal wired xbox 360 controller. The USB braided wire is 15 feet long and has a quick disconnect incase someone trips over the cable. The buttons themselves light up, and feel a lot easier to push than the regular controllers. They make kind of a "clicking" sound when you press them, but hardly noticeable when you start playing.

The 2 extra bumper buttons are programmable, but take a little getting used to because they are right where the original bumper buttons are on the 360 controller. You can remap them to any key you want to. Programming the buttons is easy and just require you to press and hold the "Remap" button on the back and press the corresponding key you want it to be remapped to. The remap display shows what the new bumper key is rebound to. I found myself remapping both buttons to the RB/LB to play CoD. I havent tried it with any other games besides Gears3 Beta.

Triggers are have a noticeable longer pull than the original controllers, it's not much, but it is noticeable. I think it's about an extra 20% of a pull if you pull it all the way down compared to the Microsoft controller.

The adjustable thumbsticks are nice, there is a turn-dial underneath the thumbsticks and "click" when you adjust the sensitivity on them. With them fully turned out (soft), it feels like the MS controller thumbsticks. What I didnt like about the Onza so far is the "press in" with the thumbsticks. When playing Black Ops, I find it hard to press forward and press in to sprint. It becomes harder to press in and press forward as you turn up the thumbstick to a higher sensitivity.

Overall I think it's a great controller. The thumbstick "press in" and it not being wireless. I think once they address those issues, it would be a solid replacement over the MS one.

Score: 8.5 / 10

If you have any other questions, please PM me.

I don't understand why people think that wired is a con for a competitive controller.

Anyway, I got mine a few days ago. I love the feel of the controller, and the face buttons are awesome (abxy), and I don't have any problems with clicking the sticks. The remappable buttons aren't as easy to adjust to as I thought they might be, so I'm not getting too much success in using them to drop-shot people in CoD, but if I get too annoyed, I just switch them to the bumpers and I don't get screwed up. The remapping is super-easy to do, no problem. The triggers are indeed strange, but I haven't had a problem with them. The d-pad is nice for shooters but I imagine it's less useful for fighting games, although I haven't tested this (I'll probably play some SSFIV in a day or so to try it out.)

I've been pulling off consistently higher numbers in CoD while using this controller, but it could be a placebo effect or any number of other factors.

All things considered, I like the controller and recommend it. If it's price was higher, I wouldn't recommend it, but at $50 it's an excellent controller that doesn't really have a premium pricetag.

Try this. Get the top edge (near the bumper buttons) and run it against your skin/forearm. See how deep it can cut you. :3

Haha, jk, plz dont hurt yourselves.

I got mine in from Amazon last week and love it, but didnt like waiting almost 4 months. I went to Best Buy and they had 2 of them so I snagged another TE

[quote name='MarkMan']Try this. Get the top edge (near the bumper buttons) and run it against your skin/forearm. See how deep it can cut you. :3

Haha, jk, plz dont hurt yourselves.[/QUOTE]

Ah yes, forgot to mention this.

It is sharp there, for no reason I can discern except for style reasons. Thankfully, it's not really a problem while playing games, but I still wonder why they couldn't fix this.

I kinda made my right bumper less clicky already.....fortresscraft placing over 10000 blocks now the bumper sounds softer in the click area, still works great though lol

Thanks for all the reviews and impressions. Keep posting them. I'm in the market for a second controller, and this looks like a decent one.

Though I agree that the triggers take some getting used to, I love the controller. I am doing far better in Black Ops since I got it in. Having a true "no slow" controller really does make a huge difference.

All that said, the d-pad SUCKS. It's very sticky and IMPOSSIBLE (not an exaggeration) to use for fighting games.

[quote name='hobbie8046']Though I agree that the triggers take some getting used to, I love the controller. I am doing far better in Black Ops since I got it in. Having a true "no slow" controller really does make a huge difference.

All that said, the d-pad SUCKS. It's very sticky and IMPOSSIBLE (not an exaggeration) to use for fighting games.[/QUOTE]

This controller was only made for shooters in mind. The D-Pad would be terrible for fighting games, but its almost impossible to misclick with it now. My one gripe with this controller is that you can't map the directional buttons. That would make it GODLIKE for Gears of War 3, but hey, I love the general use of the controller and the clicky face buttons.

Saw this on Amazon the other day but didn't get around to posting about it... Now I'm seeing them on eBay for far too much so I figured I should make amends and post about it now before someone pays way too much.

Razer has a Dragon Age II edition of the Onza on the way... Curious game choice if you ask me.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004DTU0W2/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

59.99 (and maybe a two month wait) for the paint scheme. (the eBay auction mentioned DLC for DAII which I suspect will be included.)

bread's done
Back