Razer Onza TE Issue - Any help?

Idiotekque

CAGiversary!
Feedback
244 (100%)
I hope this is the right place to put this, not sure where else it would go.

I just bought a Razer Onza TE controller to use both on my Xbox 360 and on my PC. I like it, even though the triggers are going to take some getting used to, but I've run into a snag.

The sticks feel weird. Now I know the controller is different and all, but it's more than that. On a normal Xbox 360 controller, the sticks will go forward, back, left, right until the stem of the control stick hits the edge of its cradle. However, with this Onza TE, it only does sometimes. If I move the stick as far as it can go in one direction, it feels like it hits gum and won't hit the edge smoothly. The right stick generally doesn't do this, but the left stick does it constantly. I know something is up, because sometimes it will travel all the way, hit the edge, and be fine, and the next time it will feel sticky again.

I'm also unsure of the tension adjustments. I know I haven't overdrawn them, because I've hit the final click in both directions before stopping. However the left stick feels considerably stickier (stronger tension?) than the right stick at all times. Sometimes it feels LESS tight when I tighten the tension more, which seems ridiculous. Is the tension on this one broken?

It's really irritating, since I paid a bit more for this controller because I wanted the special features. I would say oh well, because I do like it, but these sticks feel extremely weird. They always feel sticky, not responsive like they are said to be. Hell, normal Xbox 360 controllers feel WAY smoother than this, so I'm wondering if my controller is just messed up (I bought it brand new, remember) or if all Onza TE sticks feel sticky and weird like this.

Any help or feedback or anything would be appreciated... Thanks.

I figure that's what I'll do, I'm just wondering if all of the sticks (even on perfect working models) feel like that. If that's just how the sticks always feel and are made, I'll ask for a refund. Otherwise I'll get a replacement...

Have you tried adjusting the stick tension? Sounds like it might be turned all the way up.

I'm loving my TE. I bought it to cut down on unintentional meleeing in COD.

Edit: Sorry, I should have read that more thouroughly. You did check the tensions. I'd say exchange it for another one.

bread's done
Back