Razer Tarantula Gaming Keyboard 18.99 YMMV

Ultrawolf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I walked into my local Bestbuy and randomly decided to browse the keyboard/peripheral section and saw a price tag for a clearanced out Tarantula keyboard for 18.99 down from 95 bucks or so. Seeing as this is a tremendous value and that I had already had my eye on that keyboard I asked one of the local employees to do a store search for me and found that about half of the best buys in the area were doing the 18.99 price and the rest had them at the normal 95 bucks. I went to one that was about 40 minutes away and snagged one (totally worth it IMO), so take it as YMMV but I would definitely either call ahead OR go in-store and ask them to do a store inventory search so you can check who has it and for what price.

At least half the stores in GA have it slashed down.
Just to reiterate, this was at Best Buy. They don't have it listed on their website so you can't do an online store search :(

[quote name='torifile']Nice deal. Do you have the SKU # so we can check our local stores' inventory?[/quote]
I think Bestbuy's SKU for it is 8260794 but you can't look it up online because they've removed the tarantula from their website for whatever reason. So this is pretty much a B&M deal only. Just do what I did and go to the store and ask someone to look it up via the SKU. They can't look it up by name apparently. When I asked the guy to look it up originally he had to look at the SKU on the tag because it wasn't coming up in the inventory screen.

a_razor_tarantula_gaming_keyboard.jpg

I'm going to go tomorrow to try to get one of these .

PM me if anybody is picks up an extra one and is interested in selling to a fellow CAG in need. Once I get out of work I'll be making my rounds to see if I can find one.

Thanks OP!

newport news, VA best buy had one left, marked for clearance at 56.99, and scanned as such.
still not a bad deal i guess, but i'm not in the market for a $50 keyboard.

picked one up in durham nc (new hope commons) for 19.99 they had a few left but i had to ask an associate for it. they were moved away from the other razer products. when i had them look it up the guy said he was going to pick one up later.

You can see if its available near you online. Do an in store search for another product so it knows what area code you are searching, then go back you should see a line in the url that says "sourceType=category&skuId=" replace the number after skuid= with 8260794 and you can see where it is available near you. Sorry if these instructions are a bit confusing.

[quote name='fieldkillah']You can see if its available near you online. Do an in store search for another product so it knows what area code you are searching, then go back you should see a line in the url that says "sourceType=category&skuId=" replace the number after skuid= with 8260794 and you can see where it is available near you. Sorry if these instructions are a bit confusing.[/QUOTE]

That works, or at least it seems to work. None of the BBs near me have it apparently. >_

[quote name='fieldkillah']It showed that only one near me has it. I dont feel like driving 30 mins for another keyboard though.[/QUOTE]

Ah okay, I was wondering if was actually looking up the sku but now I know. Cool trick, thanks for sharing! :)

Still $94.XX at mine, which is sad cuz their was 2, and both were dusty as hell and the one in the back was an open box with a tag dated 1/6/07. :Lame:

picked one up in evanston, il. had to return it right away... looked like it was a return/open box item because it had a yellow sticker on it close to the UPC. when we installed it at home anytime i would type a letter "hello" would pop up! lol it's probably back on the shelf.

it was 18.99 and the cashier took off another dollar because she thought we were nice people.

Reporting in from the Mt. Vernon, NY Best Buy. I spotted one of the keyboards with the label for $18.99. The box was a bit beat up so I searched for more and found roughly 6-8 keyboards by the PC aisles. However, the label for these stack of keyboards were priced at $56.99. I grabbed the least scuffed up box and asked for a price check. The guy told me that he highly doubts a Razer keyboard would cost less then 20 bucks but lo and behold, it rang up for $18.99. So if your in the area, there are still 5-7 more keyboards for your cheap ass pleasure.

Quite a bargain for a great keyboard.

I'm checking this out tonight - I've been looking for a good deal on a quality keyboard. I've been using a Razer mouse for a couple of years now (picked it up back when EB clearanced them) and I love it.

3 Stores in the area had them for $18.99, but it was out of stock. The store I was at had 4 of them, but were $56.99. I asked why the store 5 miles away from the one I was at was at the much lower price... He fed me some bs line. How can 1 store in the city have it for $95, another have it for $57, and 3 more have it for $19?

shows in stock at every store nearby, so assuming theyre regular price, but gonna check anyway .. thanks OP.

I am also interested if someone can pick up one for me , let me know how much extra first.
I'm in Lakeland FL (33801) Here we only have one BB , They had two in stock and the price check came up as clearance $65 and some change.
Thankz

[quote name='HELLAWAITS']I am also interested if someone can pick up one for me , let me know how much extra first.
I'm in Lakeland FL (33801) Here we only have one BB , They had two in stock and the price check came up as clearance $65 and some change.
Thankz[/QUOTE]

Lakeland huh? I'm not too far from you, so I may not have much luck.

[quote name='GTZ_NSR']Lakeland huh? I'm not too far from you, so I may not have much luck.[/quote]

Well im in orlando so i guess the CFL area just hasnt had this hit clearance yet for some reason.

i called and the lady refused to go into the keyboard section and look shes like Its not coming up with anything in our system...

I swear ive seen it in the store tho... Damn i guess ill have to go inside

[quote name='zensation']picked one up in durham nc (new hope commons) for 19.99 they had a few left but i had to ask an associate for it. they were moved away from the other razer products. when i had them look it up the guy said he was going to pick one up later.[/QUOTE]
That's my store! Did they have any more?

[quote name='Layd Dly']Well im in orlando so i guess the CFL area just hasnt had this hit clearance yet for some reason.[/QUOTE]

The East Colonial BB? That was the one I was gonna check.

[quote name='GTZ_NSR']The East Colonial BB? That was the one I was gonna check.[/quote]

I checked Altamonte BB, this weekend ill try and check out Sanford and possibly Waterford this weekend.

[quote name='Optical']3 Stores in the area had them for $18.99, but it was out of stock. The store I was at had 4 of them, but were $56.99. I asked why the store 5 miles away from the one I was at was at the much lower price... He fed me some bs line. How can 1 store in the city have it for $95, another have it for $57, and 3 more have it for $19?[/QUOTE]

Buy it as the expensive store, and price adjust at the cheap store

[quote name='fieldkillah']You can see if its available near you online. Do an in store search for another product so it knows what area code you are searching, then go back you should see a line in the url that says "sourceType=category&skuId=" replace the number after skuid= with 8260794 and you can see where it is available near you. Sorry if these instructions are a bit confusing.[/QUOTE]

not working for me. This is what the url is:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...sourceType=page&commerceItemId=ci236778000917
none of that is in there......

Same with me, I have a couple of Best Buys in stock possibly. I'll check it sometime tomorrow. I hope I can find time to.

For those checking in-store, employees can check other stores for inventory and prices at each store by looking it up via the SKU.

I had a great conversation with a department manager and what I believed to be the General Manager, best customer service I've ever had at a Bestbuy.

Keyboard rang up around $93 told sales associate that it should be $18.99, she directed me towards a department manager which in turn said they should be selling it around $85(that would be around $93 with tax), and he stated that all stores in the area should be selling it at that price.
I almost left then he said that he could grab someone with more authority an Assisstant Manager or General Manager type I have no idea. The AM/GM came over, he was very kind and actually believed that the $18.99 price did exist, but he stated because his store is located in the West, the rate of items hitting clearance is much slower (by like a month or two).
After that interesting bit of info, He told me he'd be willing to cut some losses and sell me the keyboard for $60 after which I told him I would really like the $18.99 price, he countered with $50. As much fun as I was having bartering in a retail store, I still said no and told them I greatly appreciated all their help.
All said and done me and my wife walked out with $10 pencil holder for $0.99 and Professor Layton for DS. Although I didn't get the keyboard I thought it was an overall helpful and great experience from the sales Associate all the way to the various managers.

I'm going to check this out today. According to the site my store has some. I might not grab one for myself, but if they're $18.99 I'll grab a couple for CAGs.

[quote name='torifile']That's my store! Did they have any more?[/quote]

when the Associate checked the computer he said there were supposed to be six (this was Thursday). they were not with the other razer products. he went to the other side of the computer section to find them (near the monitors maybe?) He said he was thinking of jumping on the deal but there should still be some left.

bread's done
Back