RB1 Drum Kit (360) $9.95 at Wal-Mart

BShea

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I was just at Wal-Mart in Mt. Airy, MD and they had about 20 Rock Band 1 drum kits stacked up with a giant sign for them being $9.95 each. I already have one, but I was tempted to pick up another. The drums aren't spectacular, but if you're looking for a set of drums for RB/GH, it can't hurt to look.

Sorry I didn't snap a picture. Just wanted to alert my fellow CAGs about this in case this is news.

EDIT: Removed YMMV, it seems to be a widespread deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be all about hooking CAGs up, but this thing is mega heavy..and then what? just tape up the box really good and not put it anything else, hoping nobody plucks it out of the mail when they see "OMG its effing Rock Band!" and not know any better??

I guess if people were ok with that...but still, it could be like $25-30 to ship, plus cost..you are nearing a price point on an RB2 set that will in the future be around $60 when space needs to be cleared. Hell, Band Hero has already dropped to $150 full set.

Went to the Riverdale, NJ location today, they have about 10 left after I picked one up. They are kind of hidden, had a hard time finding them. They are in a corner near the photo department.

[quote name='Shadowguitar']The store-checker says there's one in Alexandria VA, but I'll believe it when I see it. I'm skeptical since Best Buy's online checker told me they had District 9 on Blu-ray, but they didn't when I got there. Now I can't trust anything![/QUOTE]

Yeah, the store checker wasn't too accurate for me. They said there were no sets in stock at the store a mile away from me, but when I got there I saw over a dozen on the shelves.

I bought the $80 RB2 full bundle last year at TRU and barely played it so I sold it for a profit. At $10 though I gotta try to pick up a set just to have around to play here and there and not feel bad about collecting dust.

Thanks for the link, it kept coming up with mobile site and i couldn't find it on my phone. Looks like a couple northern KY stores have it including the one I'm going to today anyway. :)

bought a set in Columbia Missouri on the 26th, so it should be so for most Missouri stores as well. They had 3 left at the Grindstone (south) supercenter.

Yeah, we have a population of 90000 and 3 (three) THREE damn super-centers. Ridiculous...

Ft wright ky, 1 more in electronics and 2 hidden above the pop section in the overstock on back wall. No prices but scans 9.96 when I got mine. :)

360 version

Got mine today. Went to two different walmarts, but found one for 360. Went to gamestop and bought rock band 1 for $10 also. :)

In canton Ohio. The one on tusc had some PS3 sets left but no 360. The one at in Belden at the Strip had a couple of 360 and a couple of PS3.

[quote name='Reaper0294']Got mine today. Went to two different walmarts, but found one for 360. Went to gamestop and bought rock band 1 for $10 also. :)

In canton Ohio. The one on tusc had some PS3 sets left but no 360. The one at in Belden at the Strip had a couple of 360 and a couple of PS3.[/QUOTE]

That was today? So the one on the strip in North Canton had PS3 ones? Wanted to confirm this I'll go out there tommorow if they do.

Nice looks like an official drop across all Walmarts (at least for the 360 version). That store inventory checker on their site says my local store has it in stock so here's hoping it'll be there when I go tomorrow. If so, RB2 marathon for me tomorrow night; have yet to play drums outside a few parties here and there. :)

I got mine from the Chillicothe MO Wal-Mart. I just happened to be passing through. They had 4 more at like 5 oclock, and I'm pretty sure they were all 360.

[quote name='burningrom2']confirmed @ Perth amboy,NJ. thanks op[/QUOTE]

any ps3 drums there?:D

[quote name='Reaper0294']Got mine today. Went to two different walmarts, but found one for 360. Went to gamestop and bought rock band 1 for $10 also. :)

In canton Ohio. The one on tusc had some PS3 sets left but no 360. The one at in Belden at the Strip had a couple of 360 and a couple of PS3.[/QUOTE]

Just a heads up: If you pick up Rock Band 2 ($20 at gamestop/Walmart) you can import all the songs aside from 3 from the first Rock Band for $5. Then you can sell your copy or if you rented it, return it as you've got what you're looking for. :)

[quote name='BShea']I was just at Wal-Mart in Mt. Airy, MD and they had about 20 Rock Band 1 drum kits stacked up with a giant sign for them being $9.95 each. I already have one, but I was tempted to pick up another. The drums aren't spectacular, but if you're looking for a set of drums for RB/GH, it can't hurt to look.

Sorry I didn't snap a picture. Just wanted to alert my fellow CAGs about this in case this is news.

EDIT: Removed YMMV, it seems to be a widespread deal.[/QUOTE]

Thanks OP. They had two left at the Mt. Airy Walmart.
Now there's only one!

Damn. Been calling all the Walmarts around Sacramento, CA (quite a few), and even though their online inventory checker says they have them, i'm getting no results.

Got in on this deal. Had 1 left in Plainfield, IN which I snagged. Box was kind of beat up, so hopefully it works and is all there. Right after I grabbed it, someone else came looking for them.

At my walmart, they had a stack of all types of RockBand boxes around a TV that had RockBand Beatles set up. No price tag, but the drums still rang up for $10.

As promised by the online inventory tracker, Walmart in Northborough, MA had it in stock. 2 360 sets (well 1 now that I bought mine :) ). Did not see any PS3 drums.

Surprised to see them sitting there. They already had a sticker marking them down to $10 so I would've expected them to be long gone before today.

you know what's funny is the fact that all of the sudden Wal-Mart is going to see these moving off the shelves and its all thanks to us! I mean, your average joe isn't going to be at Wal-Mart checking out Rock Band 1 Drum ONLY sets...Hopefully this is as low as they go, but they haven't even been red-sticker clearanced yet..I can only wonder what that price will be..$4.96?? haha, that would be great!

Inventory tracker was no good for the Hanley and Kirkwood stores in St. Louis, MO. Both stores indicated stock but didn't have any when I checked this afternoon.

As of last night they have them in Pittsburgh at the West Mifflin store - check shelf in back - they had a lot of them - and guitars sold separately too. :bouncy:

Picked 1 up at Watchung, NJ. Has 3 left Thanx OP and CAG !!!!!!!

I already had a mic from KR, and got in on the rock band guitar with ac/dc for $17, and got RB2 for 15, so all in all I paid $42 for a complete band kit.

They had an endcap full of them at the local (Pontiac, IL) Wal-Mart. Both PS3 and 360. I passed on them...but I'm thinking now it wouldn't hurt to have a spare set.

[quote name='Vampyreonline']So, is this just 360.. Or is it hit or miss with the ps3?[/QUOTE]
It's for PS3 also. i had to go to 4 different walmarts and finally got a set. They had 7 (before I got mine) PS3 sets and like 6-8 Xbox360 sets.

Rang up $9.96

Sold out at Manassas, VA location. Electronics guy said some guy came in Sunday afternoon and bought the rest of them. Geez, how many drums do you need?

Well Wal-Mart.com says my local store has them. Went in the store and couldn't find them. Took the UPC number listed on Wal-Mart as instructed to have them check. Instantly was told, oh, the website is NEVER right when it says we have anything. We can't possibly have them, we only have a few big TVs in the back. A$$holes.

how durable is this drum, i got one and i been playing for couples hours but i am afraid i will break it soon, should i get one more just in case?

bread's done
Back