RB1 Drum Kit (360) $9.95 at Wal-Mart

BShea

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I was just at Wal-Mart in Mt. Airy, MD and they had about 20 Rock Band 1 drum kits stacked up with a giant sign for them being $9.95 each. I already have one, but I was tempted to pick up another. The drums aren't spectacular, but if you're looking for a set of drums for RB/GH, it can't hurt to look.

Sorry I didn't snap a picture. Just wanted to alert my fellow CAGs about this in case this is news.

EDIT: Removed YMMV, it seems to be a widespread deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
For $10 I'd buy it, however, my friend's got the Rock Band Special Edition bundle on Black Friday and I think the drums suck compared to Rock Band 2's instruments. Missed a lot of notes when we play. In all fairness, maybe it's just his drums and maybe it's cuz I started on the Rock Band 2 instruments. Anyway, like I said, I'd buy for $10 anyway

Well I went back to the local store today that were a$$holes the other day and 100% surely said they didn't have ANY of these in stock. Well, guess what I found sitting on the shelf today.... yup, a set of 360 drums which are now mine.

there was a ton of these in green bay walmart. bought one, but i dont have the game. will have to keep an eye out for a cheap copy of rock band just to try it out.l

Don't know of this has been posted before, but the Wal-Mart in Crystal Lake, IL. has the Rock Band w/instruments bundled with Beatles game for $59. They had 3 left, have to think about it overnight whether or not I want another set of instruments considering I already have the Guitar Hero ones.

If you couldn't find it at walmart, DonateGames.org has 12 ea- MadCatz - Portable Drum Kit for Rock Band Xbox 360 for 12.99.

donategames.org

Can't post the link as I am a new user. If anyone can, it would be appreciated.

We have an ever growing inventory of new and used video games.

Going to check this out at a couple of Walmarts in southern Indiana today. MY original rock band set is still in good shape, but having a backup pedal is always nice.

[quote name='smarkbran']Going to check this out at a couple of Walmarts in southern Indiana today. MY original rock band set is still in good shape, but having a backup pedal is always nice.[/QUOTE]

Evansville was out but Boonville IN had them in stock. I picked up 1 and they had at least 3 more. They are on the back shelf of electronics with the TVs. Also there is no price on them so they might be there awhile.

Headed over to the one in Hammond, Indiana and had a good laugh. I found about 6 of them on the other side of the video game section, took one up to the front cause I didn't feel like paying at the Electronics department. My brother puts it on the belt, the lady scans it then stops and is all "$9.96? That can't be right." I told her they were on clearance and there was 5 left. She typed in the SKU manually and still was the same. She told some other lady to call electronics to double check, but they didn't answer. She then asked ANOTHER employee if it was the right price and she asked what it scanned as. She told her $9.96 and to sell it to me. I then paid her and gave her one of the biggest smiles I've ever given anyone in my life and walked out laughing. Good times, good times.

there was a whole pallet full at my Walmart in Chardon, OH after Christmas. this is an awesome deal if you need drums!

[quote name='Sgt Barone']this is an awesome deal if you need drums![/QUOTE]

Totally. My RB2 drums are bubbling up at the moment, so I could definitely use them. The metal pedal from the RB2 set will work with the RB1 set, correct?

Bought 2 360 ones at my Wal-Mart. About to go back and buy the last one.

One is to replace a friend's that I broke and the other 2 are for me (one to break eventually and the other to be it's back up)

Woooo! A bit of good luck. Made a random call to a Walmart about 10 miles from here and they had 1 left. Just got home from picking it up. Good times!

Just picked up a set of 360 drums from the Kingstowne, VA Walmart. Stopped in cause I had to take a leak and decided to check the video game section. Was one box sitting there, took in over to a price scanner and BAM! $9.96. Would have never thought to check if not for CAG. I've never had a drum set so this will be a new dimension to my music games. Thanks OP.

[quote name='bigpimpin24']Headed over to the one in Hammond, Indiana and had a good laugh. I found about 6 of them on the other side of the video game section, took one up to the front cause I didn't feel like paying at the Electronics department. My brother puts it on the belt, the lady scans it then stops and is all "$9.96? That can't be right." I told her they were on clearance and there was 5 left. She typed in the SKU manually and still was the same. She told some other lady to call electronics to double check, but they didn't answer. She then asked ANOTHER employee if it was the right price and she asked what it scanned as. She told her $9.96 and to sell it to me. I then paid her and gave her one of the biggest smiles I've ever given anyone in my life and walked out laughing. Good times, good times.[/QUOTE]
I've encountered resistance both with the 360 set I bought when this deal was first posted, and the PS3 set I bought tonight when I saw that my local store had them back in stock. Tonight I needed to get a freaking manager to get out the door. The evil receipt door monitor lady kept telling me I couldn't leave since the barcode on the box didn't match the receipt, and accused me of stealing. I politely pointed out where the barcodes matched exactly, but she kept saying, "No, this ends in 52, that ends in 13." I finally realized that she was reading the "S2" in "PS3/PS2" as 52. Good times.

Rofl. Yeah the receipt checker almost got a case of whiplash when he looked at the receipt and looked at the huge box. He didn't give any resistance though and was smooth sailing. Funny stuff.

Bought one in Pittsburgh (price not marked, there was a few PS3 and several 360 boxes) the cashier up front said it was a really good deal, but that was it. Receipt checker was busy with someone else when I left. Good timing for me as my previous set broke (been trying to pull up the red pad to fix it for a while, but can't get it off) right after I bought what I thought was a second set!

My sister got me one of these the other day, she works in the electronics dept. at Walmart. She said someone horded all of the ones they had out on display, however, they had tons of them in the back room (despite Walmart.com showing it as out), so incase you don't see any on-shelf, you could always ask them to check the back for you; since there's a good chance they will still have a few.

Finally found one and it had one of those electronic security alarms on it. I brought it to the front to check out. The cashier flipped out at the price especially since it had the alarm strapped. I said it was on clearance.

She checked with another cashier and then the manager. Then the manager called electronics. The register didn't even want to give it to me: the sales slip got stuck in the machine and had to be fished out. Then the door man had to look it over.

I told her that there was one left back there if she wanted one for herself.

I got it for my dad (for xmas, I got him a 360 arcade, a guitar, four music games and several other racing and wrestling games) and I was proud to tell him how much I paid. We set up his 360 and he played Guitar Hero for the first time tonight (guitar only). He was having trouble, but I think he'll be able to get it if he practices. He was laughing whenever he was booed off stage.

Lucked out and snagged one yesterday (When i say snagged, i mean snagged, there was like 3+ other people just staring at the box, so i yanked it without second thoughts and no one said anything). Xbox 360 version btw, for some reason, all of the Walmarts had BUTTLOADS of the Ps3 version, and out of the 4+ i checked, this was the only (And last), 360 version

Had to smile at your description of snagging that last box. "Joinks!"

It's the opposite situation here. They only had 360 kits left. I think I might grab one when I go to pricematch Mass Effect today. I hate the lack of cymbals, but I need a RB/GH fix while I await my replacement guitar. I'm jonesing kinda bad. ;)

I just wanted to say thanks to the OP. I picked up one for my brother who has a PS3. There were about 6 more in Lynn, MA, Walmart.

Just got one at a Wal-Mart that showed they didn't have any when I checked online. I noticed some people saying they were buying two because they break. What specifically breaks in them?

[quote name='say_der']Just got one at a Wal-Mart that showed they didn't have any when I checked online. I noticed some people saying they were buying two because they break. What specifically breaks in them?[/QUOTE]
Usually the pedal breaks first. Usually snaps right down the middle of the pedal.

If its not the pedal, sometimes its the actual pads. My friend cracked two of the pads (they still worked) and another set had the red pad completely stop responding.

I just ordered Beatles: Rock Band from the gohastings sale and my RB1 set is waring out.

Was looking to get one for this insanely good price, but couldn't seem to find one. :cry:

Ended up going to another Walmart and found about 5 for the 360.

Brought it up to the cashier and bam! $9.96 before tax.

Thanks OP!

The price is still 9.96 and the cashier was surprised it rang up for that price. So she decided to scan it again while I had a smile on my face. Hehe

Haha. I hadn't looked at this thread in a couple weeks. It's good to see other people having trouble getting out the door. I picked one up the day after Christmas. So I understand it was one of the busiest days of the year for them, but I ended up having to go through a total of 6 different people before they would let me leave with the drums. I was so upset at the time.

I'm glad to hear other people getting this. I got mine about 2 weeks ago at a Wal Mart in the SF Bay Area. Last one there, I bought it on a whim. Spent my goozex points getting guitar hero 2 with a guitar, had a relative give me a mic, and then bought the RB guitar off buy.com $25 sale (which I found thanks to this thread). My 3 year old loves it.

Saw 3 of these today at the Grove City, PA Wally World. Didn't pick one up since I don't have RB, and since I doubt it's sellable.

found one at mine for $7..was UBER happy considering I'd been trying to get a good deal on RB drum set for about a year now (sold mine off christmas 08)

also found DJ Hero Renegade Edition Wii & 360 for $75..Rickenbacker Beatles Guitar Wii & 360 x2 for $50 and Lips Bundle 360 for $35 :whistle2:D

bread's done
Back