RCSS Xbox Live Starter Kit $63 & PSP Component Cable $11

Frankfurt1985

CAG Veteran
I was just at RCSS in London. The Xbox Live Starter Kits (60GB HD + 3 months Live + Headset) were $63.80. I know that this deal isn't as good as the recent deals at Walmart, but for those who missed it, this may be a viable option. Regular price was $83.00. There were about 8 at my location.

Also, PSP TV-Out Component Cables are $11.24. At most stores these sell for $20 - $30. It works with the PSP 2000 and I believe also the 3000. Regular Price was $14.00. There were about 10 at my location.

Both items were clearance, so I do not know if it is YMMV.

Confirmed: the component cable does work on the PSP 3000. However, I am using an older TV that isn't progressive, and the picture isn't as bright or crisp as I had hoped.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn Id like to have this component cable. I was looking to order on from hong kong on ebay. Not sure I would find it on clearance though.

psp component cable for 2000/3000 are hard to find these days. all the retailers are stock up on pspgo accessories.

I want to warn you guys about that PSP cable, it doesn't display the game image on your TV in the original aspect ratio (apparently it does display properly for movies.) Depending on your TV's built-in zoom modes you may get lucky and have one that forces it close to 16:9. It's a known issue I discovered after I bought one. One of my zoom modes gets close, but I'm still pretty disappointed with it. Just mentioning it cause I wish I had known myself before buying.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=994704

Last edited by a moderator:
Thx OP, picked up one in Ajax today.

They also had the Move controllers for sale. I thought they weren't coming out till next week?

[quote name='EvilGalad']Thx OP, picked up one in Ajax today.

They also had the Move controllers for sale. I thought they weren't coming out till next week?[/QUOTE]

They aren't supposed to come out until September 17th but I know stores got them in stock early. I guess they ignored all the warnings on the box and decided to break the release date.

Those component cables have been on clearance at a few places recently. Try your local Staples, I saw the official Sony brand for ~$7.99. I think WalMart had them for $9.99 also.

It's much harder to find PSP composite cables, I had to order some from Hong Kong since I have a few video sources without component capability :/

i was at the superstore in leamington and they had wiispeak for $17.xx and 360 wireless controller $32.xx (there were probably about 20) and wired 360 controller for $27.xx

Maan, my 20gb HD is packed, but I have the feeling these deals aren't going to carry over to the west coast :( Good find though!

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I want to warn you guys about that PSP cable, it doesn't display the game image on your TV in the original aspect ratio (apparently it does display properly for movies.) Depending on your TV's built-in zoom modes you may get lucky and have one that forces it close to 16:9. It's a known issue I discovered after I bought one. One of my zoom modes gets close, but I'm still pretty disappointed with it. Just mentioning it cause I wish I had known myself before buying.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=994704[/QUOTE]

first time i hear that, thanks for mentioning

bread's done
Back