RE 4 17.99 used at Gamecrazy YMMV

Mishimaryu

Banned
I receieved an ad today it says 17.99 and under on the following games under it although it's probably a misprint on RE 4 maybe they can honor it???

POKemon Colossuem
RE 4
SW rogue leader
Mario Sunshine
Mario Kart DD
Metroid
SSB melee
Star Fox

[quote name='saetia']That dude had a good point. So far i have seen around 6 people say they were refused the sale because it was a printing error, yet I have seen 3x that doing the price match at other retailers. And I do remember that Wal Mart switcharoo dude posting his "deadly sins". They jumped all over his case for being just as dishonest. Whatever...[/QUOTE]

Thank you, saetia.

On topic, I agree that GC should honor the price, though I have seen other ads in the past (not for GC, but just ads in general) in which the small print states that the store is not responsible for mistakes in the print. That usually applies to things like mistakenly printing $7.99 instead of $79.99. Placing a photo of a particular game in a group of games at a certain price point is hard to claim as a mistake.

[quote name='electrictroy']They *have* to honor it. It's the law.

My store (JCpenney) was fined by the State for not honoring the advertised price, when they had a misprint ~2 years ago. It's called "bait and switch" and is illegal.

troy[/QUOTE]

Whoa, whoa, whoa. That's a VERY YMMV. State to state, people are not bound by law to sell you anything for an advertised price. In general, it's not an offer, but an invitation to negotiate. In most cases, if sued, the store will win. (Geismar v. Abraham & Strauss as an example)

Just keep that in mind before anyone goes into GC shouting at the top of their lungs that they'll report them or get their lawyer. While it's not right that they don't honor the price, it's not necessarily the law.

My store (JCpenney) was fined by the State for not honoring the advertised price, when they had a misprint ~2 years ago. It's called "bait and switch" and is illegal.

troy[/QUOTE]

It's our Sunday Lawyer!

For those wondering . . . there is another ad that says $7.99 and up with the same picture.

I got a copy of the ad with $17.99 and less . . . was tempted to run over to Walmart and see if I could get a price match . . .

But not only is it dishonest . . . its also a lot of work (lying that is)

I think I'll continue to wait until it is $20 and get it for $15 at BB with GGC or $13.50 used from EB after coupons with my store credit . . . probably 6 months but I have plenty of games to play.

[quote name='gizmogc']It's our Sunday Lawyer![/QUOTE]
haha, has anyone been able to score a copy for 17.99? I'd love to pick up RE4 for that... i skipped through the thread since that new guy was getting flamed

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']How long do you think Ill be able to pricematch it, and what stores do you recommend Im gonna try TRU and CC.[/QUOTE]

Toys "R" Us elimated they're price match program about two months ago when they were bought by the company that owns KB.

[quote name='Friedle']Toys "R" Us elimated they're price match program about two months ago when they were bought by the company that owns KB.[/QUOTE]

BLASHPHEMY!, well Ill make CC my first stop then, toysrus is on the way back so if all fails at CC ill check my TRU.

troy[/QUOTE]
No it is not. The law now is that they do not have to honor typos in flyers. The law is that they have to offer the price in the store, which means if they have a sign for $17.99 in store they would have to honor it. Bait and switch is different. It would be bait and switch if they never have the item in stock, and when you visit the store they offer a more expensive version. If you went to the store and they try to sell you a bundle of RE4 and a controller, it would be Bait and Switch. Right now you are not being switch for anything, so people stop calling it bait and switch.

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']BLASHPHEMY!, well Ill make CC my first stop then, toysrus is on the way back so if all fails at CC ill check my TRU.[/QUOTE]

Good luck. All price corrects/changes (now matter how small) require a s-key now. So even if you were lucky and caught an employee not in the know they'd still have to call a supervisor over. Not to mention calling a store to make sure it's in stock there. :bomb:

[quote name='Friedle']Good luck. All price corrects/changes (now matter how small) require a s-key now. So even if you were lucky and caught an employee not in the know they'd still have to call a supervisor over. Not to mention calling a store to make sure it's in stock there. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

The supervisor at my CC was some barely outta high school chick more concerned about her nail polish than me.

[quote name='Friedle']Good luck. All price corrects/changes (now matter how small) require a s-key now. So even if you were lucky and caught an employee not in the know they'd still have to call a supervisor over. Not to mention calling a store to make sure it's in stock there. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Since when...?

I just pricematched at a CC on Monday, and it didn't need an s-key or manager's approval at all.

I just got RE4 and Mario Kart DD for $17.99 each at the GC in Sylvania, OH. The price was not ringing up properly so the GC employee did a download to get the latest prices in the computer. After the download, RE4 rang up at $17.99. No price adjustment needed. I am not sure if a price adjustment was needed for Mario Kart DD but I think it also rang up at $17.99.

If its not ringing up at $17.99, ask the employee to download the latest prices into the computer.

[quote name='62t']No it is not. The law now is that they do not have to honor typos in flyers. The law is that they have to offer the price in the store, which means if they have a sign for $17.99 in store they would have to honor it. Bait and switch is different. It would be bait and switch if they never have the item in stock, and when you visit the store they offer a more expensive version. If you went to the store and they try to sell you a bundle of RE4 and a controller, it would be Bait and Switch. Right now you are not being switch for anything, so people stop calling it bait and switch.[/QUOTE]

See my post above. Even if they have a sign in store advertising it, it's still not illegal depending on state.

[quote name='hansolox1']I just got RE4 and Mario Kart DD for $17.99 each at the GC in Sylvania, OH. The price was not ringing up properly so the GC employee did a download to get the latest prices in the computer. After the download, RE4 rang up at $17.99. No price adjustment needed. I am not sure if a price adjustment was needed for Mario Kart DD but I think it also rang up at $17.99.

If its not ringing up at $17.99, ask the employee to download the latest prices into the computer.[/QUOTE]

Ive never heard of this 'price download' and I managed a Game Crazy for 2 years. Now, he may has manual adjusted the price...but a download...doubtful. If I recall correctly, it would intail calling Tech. Support and having them do it I (but it generally took 20 minutes or so).

[quote name='gizmogc']Ive never heard of this 'price download' and I managed a Game Crazy for 2 years. Now, he may has manual adjusted the price...but a download...doubtful. If I recall correctly, it would intail calling Tech. Support and having them do it I (but it generally took 20 minutes or so).[/QUOTE]

How do the new prices get into the computer? Does it occur via some type of download overnight? I have never worked at a GC. The download took about 5 minutes.

I am pretty sure that he did not manually adjust the price. I am only telling you what he told me.

[quote name='hansolox1']How do the new prices get into the computer? Does it occur via some type of download overnight? I have never worked at a GC. The download took about 5 minutes.

I am pretty sure that he did not manually adjust the price. I am only telling you what he told me.[/QUOTE]

I think he lied. I have never heard of downloading prices into the computer.

[quote name='CaptainObviousXl']ahhh this is confusing[/QUOTE]

Ditto.

I'd go and check myself, but I'm flat ass broke and I don't want to waste my time for nothing. Could a GC employie (I know there's a few here) Clarify?

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Ditto.

I'd go and check myself, but I'm flat ass broke and I don't want to waste my time for nothing. Could a GC employie (I know there's a few here) Clarify?[/QUOTE]

what he said. The GC near my place closed down... :cry: The next closest one is about 15 miles away... Gas aren't cheap now adays, so can some GC employee clarify please?

at our store RE4 is not being changed to 17.99. However, Mario Kart Double Dash is $17.99 used now. There was even a formal letter of apology that printed out for use in the store about the Resident Evil mixup. So that answers the question, RE4 is not, repeat, not 17.99.

[quote name='jer7583']at our store RE4 is not being changed to 17.99. However, Mario Kart Double Dash is $17.99 used now. There was even a formal letter of apology that printed out for use in the store about the Resident Evil mixup. So that answers the question, RE4 is not, repeat, not 17.99.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. How much is it anyways? (RE4 used i mean)

[quote name='jer7583']at our store RE4 is not being changed to 17.99. However, Mario Kart Double Dash is $17.99 used now. There was even a formal letter of apology that printed out for use in the store about the Resident Evil mixup. So that answers the question, RE4 is not, repeat, not 17.99.[/QUOTE]

At least Mario Kart DD is $17.99. That's a good deal!

Thanks for the clarification, now we just need to change the thread title to reflect what is a simple mistake.

It's the Best Buy misprint all over again. It may not be for RE4 but if you go to the right store at the right time you will be able to score this game at this very good price.

[quote name='iheartmetal']haha, has anyone been able to score a copy for 17.99? I'd love to pick up RE4 for that... i skipped through the thread since that new guy was getting flamed[/QUOTE]

I'm not new. I just don't live my life here.

Game Crazy downloads happen overnight (or in the morning before the store opens). In my 2 years at Game Crazy, Ive 'downloaded' new prices maybe 5-6 times during the day. The reason why was a power outage the night before, therefore me calling in and having a download. Downloads usually took 15-20 minutes though...

First I tried to pricematch at Circuit City, but they didn't have any copies of the game there. Then, I tried Walmart (Hagerstown, MD), but they said they couldn't pricematch since Gamecrazy sells used games (I had the printout from earlier in this thread, since I don't have a Gamecrazy ad). Finally, my Gamecrazy store didn't have any used copies of the game either. Oh well, looks like just a little longer wait for RE4 for me.

[quote name='gizmogc']Ive never heard of this 'price download' and I managed a Game Crazy for 2 years.[/quote]

[quote name='gizmogc']In my 2 years at Game Crazy, Ive 'downloaded' new prices maybe 5-6 times during the day.[/QUOTE]

So which is it?

He means he only ever downloaded prices 5 or 6 times when the store was open, since there were power outages and he couldn't do it when the store was closed. He didn't mean he did it 5-6 times every day.

It was worded weird, but it wasn't very hard to figure out.

bread's done
Back