RE 6 Anthology (PS3) / Archives (360) - $89.99 | Update: Preorder Bonus Announced

GBAstar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
First time I've seen this mentioned. Really good deal for me because I only own RE5 and plan on picking up six at release. Please note that the other games and content are "digital copies".

Cost looks to be $89.99. I haven't seen it advertised anywhere else other then the Capcom store.

I'm not sure if it is an exclusive and the site mentions a preorder bonus will be annouced soon; keep in mind unless it sells out prior to release Capcom Store typically will include the bonus items until they run out, even after release.

PLEASE NOTE: The content in the PS3 Anthology version differes from the Xbox 360 Archives version.

See Below:

PS3

Celebrate the upcoming release of Resident Evil® 6 with the complete library of Resident Evil 1-6! Included in this PlayStation® 3 exclusive package is the latest installation of the blockbuster series, Resident Evil® 6, along with digital copies of Resident Evil® Director’s Cut, Resident Evil® 2, Resident Evil® 3: Nemesis, Resident Evil® 4 HD, and Resident Evil® 5 Gold Edition redeemable on the PlayStation® Network.
  • Resident Evil® 6: The newest chapter in the Resident Evil franchise brings three separate yet interwoven storylines together as they fight to survive the global C-virus outbreak. Blending both action and survival horror, Resident Evil 6 promises to be the dramatic horror experience of 2012.
  • Resident Evil® Director’s Cut - Return to the mansion that started it all! The S.T.A.R.S. Bravo team has been sent to the outskirts of a remote Midwestern city to investigate a number of grisly murders. Little do they know the worst is yet to come…
  • Resident Evil® 2 - The T-virus has consumed Raccoon City leaving rookie cop Leon S. Kennedy and Claire Redfield stranded in a city overtaken by zombies and powerful B.O.W.s (bio-organic weapons).
  • Resident Evil® 3: Nemesis - With Raccoon City crumbling, Jill Valentine’s last escape is stopped dead by a monstrous B.O.W. known as the Nemesis, who’s programmed to eliminate the last remaining members of S.T.A.R.S.
  • Resident Evil® 4 HD - The President’s daughter has been kidnapped and Leon S. Kennedy is on assignment and back in action in Europe to track her down and investigate a mysterious cult coming to power. Remastered in high definition, this Resident Evil classic has never looked better!
  • • Resident Evil® 5 Gold Edition - Working together with his partner Sheva Alomar, Chris Redfield is sent to Africa in response to a report of parasitic B.O.W.s terrorizing the area. Also included are the 2 extra downloadable episodes “Lost in Nightmares” and “Desperate Escape”, 2 bonus costume packs, the online multiplayer “Versus Mode”, and PlayStation® Move functionality.
Xbox 360

Celebrate the upcoming release of Resident Evil® 6 with the best of the Resident Evil® franchise. Included in this Xbox 360® exclusive package is the latest installation of the blockbuster series, Resident Evil® 6, the feature film Resident Evil® Degeneration, and downloadable copies of Resident Evil® 4 HD, Resident Evil® CODE Veronica X HD and Resident Evil® 5 (with bonus Gold Edition content) redeemable on Xbox LIVE®.
  • Resident Evil® 6: The newest chapter in the Resident Evil® franchise brings three separate yet interwoven storylines together as they fight to survive the global C-virus outbreak. Blending both action and survival horror, Resident Evil 6 promises to be the dramatic horror experience of 2012.
  • Resident Evil® Degeneration (DVD feature film) - The deadly G-Virus is unleashed and a new mutated monster goes on the rampage. Will Claire and Leon be able to terminate the virus before history repeats itself?
  • Resident Evil® 4 HD - The President’s daughter has been kidnapped and Leon S. Kennedy is on assignment and back in action in Europe to track her down and investigate a mysterious cult coming to power. Remastered in high definition, this Resident Evil® classic has never looked better!
  • Resident Evil® CODE Veronica X HD - While searching for information on her missing brother, Claire Redfield is trapped on a top-secret Umbrella prison installation on Rockfort Island. Discover the beginnings of Umbrella Corp. and the dark family secret behind it all. Relive the survival horror nightmare in high definition!
  • Resident Evil® 5 Gold Edition - Working together with his partner Sheva Alomar, Chris Redfield is sent to Africa in response to reports of parasitic B.O.W.s (bio-organic weapons) terrorizing the area. Also included are the 2 extra downloadable episodes “Lost in Nightmares” and “Desperate Escape”, 2 bonus costume packs and the online multiplayer “Versus Mode”.
UPDATE:

Capcom store just released their preorder bonus. They are offering an Umbrella Umbrella with any RE6 purchase (appears it is also included with the Vanilla veresion); no pictures yet in the listing but I believe they are just going to be giving away this one:

http://shop.capcom.com/store/capcom...oductID.169116700/Umbrella-Corp-Umbrella.html

It can be purchased for $16.95 standalone from their website. I currently own one and while on the cheap side it is kind of cool if you are a RE fan.

Keep in mind this bonus is only for ordering RE6 from the Capcom store (Digital River)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still pissed for buying the RE ORC special edition so i'll be passing on this... I have all of them RE games in Physical Copies so they can blow me twice as hard with that digital stuff.... Digital isn't safe!

If I could play Resident Evil, I'd buy this thing in a heart beat. That is actually an excellent deal!

I'm trying to figure out what weird cross section of gamers CAG attracts to have so many people who would pass up a deal they would normally take if not for digital copies. You're upset because you're getting a digital copy of a $6 PS1 game? Really? What's next, you want discs of Angry Birds too? It's not worth anybody's time, be it Capcom or yours, to print up copies of games where there already exist a zillion copies out in the wild and that practically have no value. Especially when the digital copies play exactly like the "originals". All of these games, even RE 5 Gold, are throwaway games now. Heck, I gladly bought copies of all 3 digital PS1 REs (even though I have multiple copies of the physical media) simply to have a version that was always on the HD and could be transferred to the PSP.

Look, I get it from the collector's angle. I've been collecting games since the days of the 2600. I was the guy who bought two US Sega Saturns when they were being pulled off shelves (to backup another US and a White Japan Saturn) because I just HAD to be able to fire up Burning Rangers in a bunker somewhere in 15 years. But take it from me: one day, probably a lot sooner than you think, you ain't gonna care in the year 2030 that your digital copy of the not so rare Resident Evil 4 doesn't work. You just ain't. Play games for the now. Have fun.

Now if you just hate digital copies because you're a CAG and you want something you can sell at some point if you wanted to... I can definitely understand that. But again, we're talking about throwaway games here. It's not like they're giving you RE6 digitally.

Digital copies are a no go in my book because they keep you from actually playing the game offline. I just checked my RE4 and Code Veronica and I was unable to play it unless I was signed into live.

Only good for newbs to the series otherwise craptastic. Japan has recv and 4 hd for 360 on disc. Capcom USA is missing out on not doing the same. Their loss.

[quote name='darkhado666']Digital copies are a no go in my book because they keep you from actually playing the game offline. I just checked my RE4 and Code Veronica and I was unable to play it unless I was signed into live.[/QUOTE]

There's no DRM outside of the normal Xbox stuff for these games. You've got something else going on.

[quote name='Kazuya']There's no DRM outside of the normal Xbox stuff for these games. You've got something else going on.[/QUOTE]

when you play market place games on the 360 and you disconnect from live, they only give you access to the trial version...for RE4 and Code Veronica it just throws up a window saying it can't launch the game. If you do have a 360 disconnect your ethernet cable to your 360, sign in and then try to launch a market place capcom game.

[quote name='darkhado666']when you play market place games on the 360 and you disconnect from live, they only give you access to the trial version...for RE4 and Code Veronica it just throws up a window saying it can't launch the game. If you do have a 360 disconnect your ethernet cable to your 360, sign in and then try to launch a market place capcom game.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a transfer took place without getting the license maybe? Mine work fine offline.

[quote name='discordman']Sounds like a transfer took place without getting the license maybe? Mine work fine offline.[/QUOTE]

My games play fine when online but once the net connection is disconnected it goes straight to the trial game...but for RE games it just won't play them. This will always happen even though I re-download my games on the same xbox I have purchased them on.

This would be an amazing deal if you could have all these games on a physical disc or multiple discs rather than digital downloads...impossible probably, but amazing.

[quote name='Naterrs']This would be an amazing deal if you could have all these games on a physical disc or multiple discs rather than digital downloads...impossible probably, but amazing.[/QUOTE]

In Japan they released a 15 year Anniversary collection late last year with 1-5 on disc. Honestly, I'd rather have that than the 25th anniversary SF collection we're getting.

[quote name='Kazuya']I'm trying to figure out what weird cross section of gamers CAG attracts to have so many people who would pass up a deal they would normally take if not for digital copies. You're upset because you're getting a digital copy of a $6 PS1 game? Really? What's next, you want discs of Angry Birds too? It's not worth anybody's time, be it Capcom or yours, to print up copies of games where there already exist a zillion copies out in the wild and that practically have no value. Especially when the digital copies play exactly like the "originals". All of these games, even RE 5 Gold, are throwaway games now. Heck, I gladly bought copies of all 3 digital PS1 REs (even though I have multiple copies of the physical media) simply to have a version that was always on the HD and could be transferred to the PSP.

Look, I get it from the collector's angle. I've been collecting games since the days of the 2600. I was the guy who bought two US Sega Saturns when they were being pulled off shelves (to backup another US and a White Japan Saturn) because I just HAD to be able to fire up Burning Rangers in a bunker somewhere in 15 years. But take it from me: one day, probably a lot sooner than you think, you ain't gonna care in the year 2030 that your digital copy of the not so rare Resident Evil 4 doesn't work. You just ain't. Play games for the now. Have fun.

Now if you just hate digital copies because you're a CAG and you want something you can sell at some point if you wanted to... I can definitely understand that. But again, we're talking about throwaway games here. It's not like they're giving you RE6 digitally.[/QUOTE]

People hate digital copies because when the servers go down your pretty much fucked

[quote name='VISCO']People hate digital copies because when the servers go down your pretty much fucked[/QUOTE]

What does that even mean? Is the "servers go down" some kind of apocalyptic event? You're fucked because you can't re-download a $2 game that exists in a million other formats so you can play it in the year 2050? You really typed that? Again, no one has listed any legit reason not to get a digital copy of a game that they actually want to play now. It sounds like groupthink. People cling to some bizarre fantasy that they are going to amble out of their wheelchair in the year 2050 and want to play all of their 360 games in some basement and by gum, I'm glad I have discs for that. In reality you aren't going to care or even remember you ever had the game and your kid sold your collection on craigslist 15 years earlier. Get out of here with that crap.

[quote name='darkhado666']My games play fine when online but once the net connection is disconnected it goes straight to the trial game...but for RE games it just won't play them. This will always happen even though I re-download my games on the same xbox I have purchased them on.[/QUOTE]

Mine works fine offline on my new 360 even using a flash drive to keep my profile on. But if I try to use the stuff on my wife's 360, it requires an internet connection. Does sound like you don't have the license transfer set up right on whatever your main system is.

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']Mine works fine offline on my new 360 even using a flash drive to keep my profile on. But if I try to use the stuff on my wife's 360, it requires an internet connection. Does sound like you don't have the license transfer set up right on whatever your main system is.[/QUOTE]

See, if this is the case that's another reason I'm not happy with digital copies. Plus, you can't let friends borrow digital copies to play with.

[quote name='darkhado666']See, if this is the case that's another reason I'm not happy with digital copies. Plus, you can't let friends borrow digital copies to play with.[/QUOTE]

If games come out in the US that are Digital Only, but are released in other regions for 360 (region free games), or ps3 as discs, I will just pick those up. Siren: New Translation, Pain, and Arcana Heart 3 all for PS3 for example. Some games released in the UK like Monkey Island for 360 (only on arcade in US) is region free, I'm going to pick that up too.

I just hate digital games. I don't really "own" the game, and once a new system comes out (ps4, xbox 720 or whatever they will be called) and don't support the 360 or ps3 games online, then how will I play them?

[quote name='Kazuya']I'm trying to figure out what weird cross section of gamers CAG attracts to have so many people who would pass up a deal they would normally take if not for digital copies. You're upset because you're getting a digital copy of a $6 PS1 game? Really? What's next, you want discs of Angry Birds too? It's not worth anybody's time, be it Capcom or yours, to print up copies of games where there already exist a zillion copies out in the wild and that practically have no value. Especially when the digital copies play exactly like the "originals". All of these games, even RE 5 Gold, are throwaway games now. Heck, I gladly bought copies of all 3 digital PS1 REs (even though I have multiple copies of the physical media) simply to have a version that was always on the HD and could be transferred to the PSP.

Now if you just hate digital copies because you're a CAG and you want something you can sell at some point if you wanted to... I can definitely understand that. But again, we're talking about throwaway games here. It's not like they're giving you RE6 digitally.[/QUOTE]

the difference being you're paying $90 for RE and not $.99 for AB

it's all about perception. A physical tangible object for $90 is more acceptable than $90 for something you can't hold in one's hands

So PS3 gets the better RE games that make up for the casual tripe that began with 4.

Shame they couldn't get REmake & Zero but I guess it's an issue with Nintendo.

I have all those games already so this doesn't have me too excited. I'm more excited for the RE: Chronicles release on PSN.

I'm wondering how limited these will be, I have only played RE4, RE5 (which I longer own) and I plan on picking up the PS3 version for the first three games. I don't even mind that RE1-RE5 are digital versions or that it excludes RE Code Veronica X, this is still a great deal considering RE6 alone is $60 you essentially are getting RE1-5 for $30 more

Unless RE 1-3 are in some kind of remastered HD, I rather have CV in HD and the HD movie instead. I have no interest in playing PS1 games unless they are remastered.

[quote name='Psychonik']I have all those games already so this doesn't have me too excited. I'm more excited for the RE: Chronicles release on PSN.[/QUOTE]

Japan is getting the RE: HD Chronicles version on disc with an extra disc containing the Wesker Reports. It's going for $49

[quote name='Kazuya']What does that even mean? Is the "servers go down" some kind of apocalyptic event? You're fucked because you can't re-download a $2 game that exists in a million other formats so you can play it in the year 2050? You really typed that? Again, no one has listed any legit reason not to get a digital copy of a game that they actually want to play now. It sounds like groupthink. People cling to some bizarre fantasy that they are going to amble out of their wheelchair in the year 2050 and want to play all of their 360 games in some basement and by gum, I'm glad I have discs for that. In reality you aren't going to care or even remember you ever had the game and your kid sold your collection on craigslist 15 years earlier. Get out of here with that crap.[/QUOTE]

and why the heck would you want a digital copy?
I rather have a physical copy to be able to look at the artworks of the cover, the manual and to read the back of the case... Plus it looks amazingly awesome sitting in my room...

Digital copies for what? i don't feel like i own a game when i only have a digital copy of it.. i feel like someone is just letting me borrow the darn game and if i slip up i'll lose it for good.

[quote name='darkhado666']Japan is getting the RE: HD Chronicles version on disc with an extra disc containing the Wesker Reports. It's going for $49[/QUOTE]
japan > north american

[quote name='inkcil']Unless RE 1-3 are in some kind of remastered HD, I rather have CV in HD and the HD movie instead. I have no interest in playing PS1 games unless they are remastered.[/QUOTE]

DVDs are not HD, and what "remaster"ing could you do to a PS1 game with pre rendered backgrounds?

Anyway, RE1 and 2 destroy CV, unless you're not interested in the gameplay side on games.

[quote name='VISCO']People hate digital copies because when the servers go down your pretty much fucked[/QUOTE]

You also can't trade, sell, or get any tangible value from it after you get tired of it or beat it.

I like to pretend RE: Zero doesn't exist. Imo just doesn't contribute enough to the storyline.

Right before they officially announced RE6 I went on a RE spree and beat 1-3 (3 is the best), CV, watched Degeneration, 4, and 5 in order. Let me tell you the RE story comes together so much nicer when you do it this way (except Degeneration it really doesn't contribute but still good). I'd def. recommend the PS3 version and then just dl RE:CV. And if you're going to get Degeneration, atleast buy the blu-ray. I'm just getting the standard though since I have all of these.
Really seems like Xbox got screwed on this bit though...sorry guys.

[quote name='J7.']Cost breakdown buying it full msrp and /when on sale
RE 6 $60 /$30
PSN Cost and /PSN Cost when on sale
RE1 $10 /$5
RE2 $6 /$3
RE3 $6 /$3
RE4 $20 /$10
RE5 $20 /$10
Total $122 /$61
Buying the anthology would be a good deal if you can get it for $75 or less, great deal at $60 or less.[/QUOTE]

Pre-Ordered this on Amazon at $39.81 (Pic). I am just waiting for my Club Bing $25 Amazon gift card which would total to $14.81

I have not bought Resident Evil 1-3 , 4 HD on psn nor 5 G.E. so this an amazing deal for me @ $14.81 (including RE 6!!!!!!!)

[quote name='Kazuya']Heck, I gladly bought copies of all 3 digital PS1 REs (even though I have multiple copies of the physical media) simply to have a version that was always on the HD and could be transferred to the PSP.[/QUOTE]

I have a Playstation Vita so i prefer my games (with respect to RE 1-3) to be digital since obviously you can't use a physical disc to play on the Vita. This another reason i pre-ordered this version so i can have my ps1 classics on the go

[quote name='cookiecrumbz']Pre-Ordered this on Amazon at $39.81 (Pic). I am just waiting for my Club Bing $25 Amazon gift card which would total to $14.81

I have not bought Resident Evil 1-3 , 4 HD on psn nor 5 G.E. so this an amazing deal for me @ $14.81 (including RE 6!!!!!!!)

I have a Playstation Vita so i prefer my games (with respect to RE 1-3) to be digital since obviously you can't use a physical to play on the Vita. This another reason i pre-ordered this version so i can have my ps1 classics on the go[/QUOTE]

You preordered the game at full price and then applied promotional credit to pay less out of the pocket.

[quote name='GBAstar']You preordered the game at full price and then applied promotional credit to pay less out of the pocket.[/QUOTE]

I did not get those promotional credits( except for the left over $.09 cents) from out of my pocket. They were given to me by Amazon customer service reps because of shipping delay :cool:.

[quote name='cookiecrumbz']I did not get those promotional credits( except for the left over $.09 cents) from out of my pocket. They were given to me by Amazon customer service reps because of shipping delay :cool:.[/QUOTE]

All of my games are free, I just have to pay my credit card balance occasionally! (Am I doing it right?)

[quote name='Slowdance']All of my games are free, I just have to pay my credit card balance occasionally! (Am I doing it right?)[/QUOTE]

Depends on the interest rate :applause:

[quote name='ZincAlloy']I like to pretend RE: Zero doesn't exist. Imo just doesn't contribute enough to the storyline.
[/QUOTE]
It explains a lot of how the T-virus was created as well as backstory on the founding members of Umbrella (we already knew of Spencer and Ashford, but little was known of Marcus). Also, the events of Zero are what caused the Raccoon City incident and it explains what Rebecca was doing before meeting her in the mansion. It did add a lot to the storyline, granted, before now that most of the games are set about a decade after and the storyline focus has shifted away from Raccoon City.

I already own all of this in some form or another, so going to have to pass.

If Capcom would release a truly definitive collection in one nice box set with ALL the numbered titles included (including Zero and CV) and on disc, I would gladly purchase.

UPDATE:

Capcom store just released their preorder bonus. They are offering an Umbrella Umbrella with any RE6 purchase (appears it is also included with the Vanilla veresion); no pictures yet in the listing but I believe they are just going to be giving away this one:

http://shop.capcom.com/store/capcom...oductID.169116700/Umbrella-Corp-Umbrella.html

It can be purchased for $16.95 standalone from their website. I currently own one and while on the cheap side it is kind of cool if you are a RE fan.

Edit: ^ This is for preordering directly from the Capcom store. Amazon right now is offering DLC.

[quote name='cookiecrumbz']It seems like Amazon added "The High Seas Fortress" bonus to both Anthology and Archives pre-orders.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I forgot to specify--the umbrella is for purchasing directly form Capcom

[quote name='GBAstar']Yeah I forgot to specify--the umbrella is for purchasing directly form Capcom[/QUOTE]

I read the OP post (before i replied) and you did specify it :lol:. I was just adding my 2 cents since i pre-ordered from amazon.

Anways, cool bonuses :applause:

[quote name='GUNNM']Only comes with 4, CV, and Gold edition on xbox. =[[/QUOTE]

[quote name='BrolyB593']I read the OP, got SUPER EXCITED. Read this and then got sad... : ([/QUOTE]

RE was always a Sony series back in the day. That's where it belongs, on the PS3. ;)

I love the idea of the anthology set, all of the games at this point. What's it like pre-ordering from Capcom, will you get the game weeks after release?

I also wonder if there are other pre-order promos and if this set will be sold in retail.

So if I preorder the RE 6 AE collection from the capcom store, I get an umbrella, but if I order it anywhere else I get 1 map dlc? If thats the case the umbrella is a no brainer. Another question, how is capcom store store with release date? Only ask cause I know amazon is good with it, and toyrus was horrible.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Another question, how is capcom store store with release date? Only ask cause I know amazon is good with it, and toyrus was horrible.[/QUOTE]
Same question. I don't mind waiting til the friday after it comes out but if we're taking 1-2 weeks here not worth an umbrella to me.

[quote name='Romeo']RE was always a Sony series back in the day. That's where it belongs, on the PS3. ;)

I love the idea of the anthology set, all of the games at this point. What's it like pre-ordering from Capcom, will you get the game weeks after release?

I also wonder if there are other pre-order promos and if this set will be sold in retail.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Royal High Knight']So if I preorder the RE 6 AE collection from the capcom store, I get an umbrella, but if I order it anywhere else I get 1 map dlc? If thats the case the umbrella is a no brainer. Another question, how is capcom store store with release date? Only ask cause I know amazon is good with it, and toyrus was horrible.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='musicjunkie']Same question. I don't mind waiting til the friday after it comes out but if we're taking 1-2 weeks here not worth an umbrella to me.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to be honest here... I've preordered multiple things from the Capcom store (Digital River) and they've always been horrible with delivery time as it regards to release day.

That being said they've gotten progressively better to the point where most people who preordered RE: ORC got it one or more days ahead of release day.

In my opinion they've also improved their overall packaging from horrendous to acceptable but inconsitent. I'm not sure how delicate this game is going to be or if it'll have a steelbook of some kind so how much this matters will depend on that.

In the past though I've ordered multiple MvC3 Special Edition's from the Capcom store when they were on clearance and each copy came with a free guide (which is heavy; ~ 3lbs) and they shipped MvC3 SE under neath the guides so that when they arrived the steelbooks were crushed. Eventually after about two months of correspondence I got a refund. I think I ordered 4 copies and two were damaged. The clearance price was $29.99 a copy (including the guide) and although I only returned the two damaged copies they refunded me the normal price ($69.99 IIRC) for all four copies so I actually made money on that but it was a long drawn out hassle.

Another bad experience was with the Dead Rising 2 High Stakes Edition where they just threw them in oversized boxes and being that it is a heavy item with lots of room to move around the product boxes came dinged up pretty bad.

But every other experience I've had has been positive including most recently with RE: ORC. I was actually pretty afraid that my steelbooks and promotional signs (both thin metal) would arrive damaged but not a single one did.

So in conclusion I think it's reasonable to assume that you may npt get the item on release day but that you should get it close to release and hopefully they will find a creative way to package both an umbrella and a game that doesn't result in either being damaged.

Do keep in mind that I believe they put a pending charge on your card at the you make the purchase. I believe they are like best buy where the charge will eventually fall off but they will ping the card every once in awhile to make sure the funds are still there.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']I don't think I have ever used an umbrella before.[/QUOTE]

I've actually used my umbrella umbrella and while not high quality it works. Like most lower quality umbrellas I wouldn't suggest using it in high wind gusts as it will most likely turn inside out on itself and damage the frame.

But some people like to collect gaming swag (regardless of how obscure) and would prefer something physical over a digital item

Thanks GBAstar. I was going to go with BB as my preorder spot, but with your post and the umbrella, Ill put my trust in the store. Game better be here on release date though, honestly this is my biggest title of the year and im be VERY VERY pissed if I dont have this day 1.

Thank you GBA. So this set is available at any retailer such as gamestop, which I can be guaranteed a mint copy and get a pre-order bonus as well. Since the umbrella umbrella isn't rare and can be purchased ala carte, I'd prefer to buy the set in retail.

bread's done
Back