Re-play time! What game(s) are you playing through again?

Esoteria

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Hey guys.
In my opinion, current-generation consoles have reached the age where we start looking back at our library and going "Dang, it's time to play through [insert awesome game] again!"

I just played through Valkyria Chronicles after 2+ years and it was fantastic.

What games are you all playing through again, or thinking about playing through again? Doesn't have to be on the PS3 (wish there was a more generic forum to post this in).

With any luck, this might bring to light some sweet games from a few years ago some of us missed.

As for me, I think I'll be going through Devil May Cry 4 again soon. I never really played with some of the weapons that much the first time.

red dead redemption. bought the warhorse so now i have the assasins suit, warhorse and golden guns. im gonna play though and just be an evil badass.

Man, I couldn't get into RDR. I liked GTA4 well enough, but when I played Read Dead I got too frustrated with my horse deciding to randomly not jump fences, the sudden difficulty spikes (I accidentally tick off some mountain lion I couldn't even see and I'm set back an hour of playtime? What?), and the super-forgiving auto-aim.

That said, I think it was mostly a personal preference thing. It does seem like the kind of game you'd play through again if you liked it the first time.

I am recently going all the way back to uncharted 1, I still need to beat it on crushing. It's a game I throw in and play for an hour and then don't touch for a week but I do enjoy it ha.

Screwing around in Oblivion again though I'll probably get bored and not "beat" it again.

Sometime in the future I plan to go through Folklore and Fallout 3 again.

[quote name='Esoteria']Man, I couldn't get into RDR. I liked GTA4 well enough, but when I played Read Dead I got too frustrated with my horse deciding to randomly not jump fences, the sudden difficulty spikes (I accidentally tick off some mountain lion I couldn't even see and I'm set back an hour of playtime? What?), and the super-forgiving auto-aim.

That said, I think it was mostly a personal preference thing. It does seem like the kind of game you'd play through again if you liked it the first time.[/QUOTE]

try using expert aim its the better less frustrating way to play and i agree with you about the horses ive been in a number of situations where i was trying to get away from somwhere only to have my horse run away from me when i was trying to get on it .

mountain lions are the cheapest most evil animal in the game period prarie ninjas i call them because they show up suddenly and quietly and kick the shit out of you.

still all that said i love the game being a fan of westerns it was great to finally play a game that really felt like one.

with spring break coming up this week and not having much work to do, I plan on trying to get through Heavy Rain again. Loved it the first time and want to play it again to see if I get a different ending.

I keep telling myself once I clear out my backlog I need to go back to Demons Souls. I finished it but never fooled around with the world tendency stuff.

After I beat my backlog (Heavy Rain, Transformers WFC, AC:B, RDR, Just Cause 2), I'm gonna go through Infamous and the Uncharteds again. I'll probably get some hours of Soul Caliber 4 in too.

[quote name='Esoteria']Man, I couldn't get into RDR. I liked GTA4 well enough, but when I played Read Dead I got too frustrated with my horse deciding to randomly not jump fences, the sudden difficulty spikes (I accidentally tick off some mountain lion I couldn't even see and I'm set back an hour of playtime? What?), and the super-forgiving auto-aim.

That said, I think it was mostly a personal preference thing. It does seem like the kind of game you'd play through again if you liked it the first time.[/QUOTE]

I'm the exact opposite. RDR is amazing to me, but I never enjoyed GTA4 past beating random people. I thought Saints Row 2 was a better game, although less graphicly stunning, than GTA4.

Finished Infamous last month for the evil playthrough (and platinum), planning on an Insanity run on ME2, sort of replayed Heavy Rain for some trophies before trading it in, and currently addicted doing Playthrough 2 (and DLC's) on Borderlands.

Seems like action games and shooters are top dog for replay. Makes sense. I was also thinking about going through Eternal Sonata again. There are so many characters which are so different in battle, but you can only use three of them at a time. Mind you, Viola is guaranteed to be in there.

Shout out to Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Borderlands, and Demon's Souls.

Oddly, I never really had the desire to go through Heavy Rain again. I basically got the ending I wanted (saved the kid, hooked up with the chick, got the cop off the dope). I've never been one to go the "evil" route in the two-path games even just to see what it's like, so the fact that Heavy Rain has like 20 paths doesn't really factor in.

I am currently playing through two different characters in Demon's Souls after having beaten the game four times. That would probably be the most times I have replayed a game but I always come back to Demon's Souls.
The only other game I have played through more would be Ikaruga which I play through every couple of months and have been doing so for a few years.

Ack replay?! Right now I am just working my way through my massive backlog. I have had a busy two years and haven't done much other than dabble with any new games I buy and mess around with my demo addiction (who can resist free gaming?). I finally have a nice routine going and have time to game on a regular basis again. So I am now working through the titles most of you are probably replaying. I just finished R&C ToD yesterday. I plan to work on finishing R&C QFB and then move on to getting the plat for CiT. Then I will probably start playing through the Uncharted series (I was about halfway through the first when I stopped). There is also my RPG backlog calling me.... Eternal Sonata, Star Ocean, FFXIII, ES: Oblivion (and a new one coming out!), Fallout 3 & 3D Dot Heroes. I also want to buy and finish Batman AA (loved the demo). There are so many games coming out this year, it is going to take alot of self control to finish what I have before buying more! I do plan to buy LOTR WoTN, DS III & Skyrim no matter what though!

Playing through Metal Gear Solid IV again just got the stealth item from Drebin's shop. Now I'm going to work up / earn enough Drebin points for the bandana.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Playing through Metal Gear Solid IV again just got the stealth item from Drebin's shop. Now I'm going to work up / earn enough Drebin points for the bandana.[/QUOTE]

I strongly considered saving up for one or both of those (probably the stealth, since you can pretty much afford to buy as much ammo as you want), but it just seemed too far out of reach. Maybe there's some secret to it, but meh.

Incidentally I was just thinking the other day how much I loved VR Missions, the standalone Metal Gear Solid "expansion" for the PSX. Something about the control scheme and general feel of the original just "worked" for me in a way that the sequels haven't. That's not to say I haven't enjoyed the sequels. MGS3 was especially awesome. But the camera and control simplicity, weapon balance, and general feel of the first MGS hasn't been replicated since. No other game has had that arcade feel where I know I have to pop an enemy with exactly 3 rounds from my SOCOM to kill him, with the instant and unvarying sound feedback it gave ("ugh! ugh! Oooh!"). Even the Twin Snakes remake, while cool, just didn't feel quite right.

Anyway if I still had VR Missions lying around I'd pop it into the PS3 and have a ball. Sadly, it's lost. D:

As for you backloggers, I can sort of relate, but I don't like to feel like I need to "get through" games. There's nothing wrong with holding off on your backlog if you feel like replaying something. I've also forced myself to pass up sales lately, knowing that if I wasn't clamoring to buy the game the first month after it was released, I can probably wait for another sale.

^I miss VR missions as well.

It is one of the many PSone games that I want on PSN. The stealth item in Metal Gear Solid IV is awesome.

I heard you could get it by finishing the game with no alerts. I'm not good at sneaking around. I also just got the solar gun, it is awesome!

Oh yeah, I remember that now. There's a setting to have the game automatically end on an alert, too, right? That might not be that bad.

bread's done
Back