RE: PS3 - FAT32 format of HDD -Easiest way to do this

ZCG

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?fat32format.htm

BOOM! There it is *points to link above*

Just download the GUI, plug in your USB drive into your PC, open/run the program & click "start". BAM! your USB drive is completley formatted to FAT32.

I'm preparing to switch/upgrade my PS3's hard drive from it's orig. 60GB to a new 500GB. I want to use the XMB's Backup Utility, so need to have something that is around 55GB formatted to FAT32.

I have several external hard drives more than large enough, so I've been Googling like a madman trying to understand the easiest way to format the entire thing to PS3's required FAT32 format. Apparently ordinary measures can only format FAT32 to 32GB, thus the grand search began.

After hours & hours, adding up to days & days of Google searches & YouTube searches all leading me to believe that formatting more than 32GB of space on a HDD is hit'n miss while trying multitudes of various programs... This is all OLD NEWS! Completely outdated information that is continuing to be needlessly passed on.

Essentially I'm posting this thread not only to help others, but to have a link-able thread I can give people looking for this type of info. In the end cheapassgamer.com will hopefully get some more traffic & new members along the way =)

Thank you for this! I recently got a File System Error that keeps remapping itself after a fix/reboot. I only knew this because all sounds would go in and out like a skipping record. I'm about to format tonight and spent the last 48 hours researching various ways to get my large external drive working with FAT32 and the PS3 (kept getting FATex as only options). Nothing but outdated information is all i could find. Swiftknife...outdated.

I used this on my 500GB WD Passport and then *BOOM* i'm in business.

bread's done
Back