RE4 no longer exclusive to GCN

[quote name='jputahraptor']The way I look at it if a game is released across all 3 consoles gamecube is the least likely to sell. They don't support online so the more and more games that use this feature don't and can't share that with Nintendo. Xbox has the better graphics and PS2 has a good share of the market and regardless of graphics have the advantage of more of their systems in homes.[/quote]

Thats actually not true.
Soul Calibur II, PSO, Viewtiful Joe and Sonic Heroes all sold better on the GameCube then the PS2 and Xbox.

Online is not that big of a feature. besides Sports titles there are very very little cross platform Online games.

Lets not get into the graphics argument. There have been studies and papers writen that show that the Xbox and GameCube are very close in graphic power.

I really don't care if it comes out for ps2. The gamecube version is going to be better. The game is actually designed for the gamecube controller. you will not get that same gaming experience as the gamecube version would give you because of this. the ps2 version would load like crazy and take away from the graphics department.

I just think that it is not fair that nintendo got screwed on their exclusivity deal from capcom. They were supposed to make REO,1,4 exclusive along with viewtiful joe, killer 7, and PN 03.

now 3 of these games are being ported to PS2, all I have to say is that Nintendo should sue Capcom.

That document sounds so unprofessional it's not even funny... Just listen to how awkward some of those sentences are and how odd some of the word choice is.

Besides while I wouldn't be surprised if RE 4 ends up on another console eventually, I'm pretty sure Nintendo has Capcom locked in a certian exclusivity agreement... and usually those have a window in which ports can't be announced. I guess we'll find out later today though.

Dosent matter if they're close or not fanbois will come up with all kinds of arguments.

The facts are thou that even if this is true we're still talking about a 11 month lead time for the 'Cube. I'm probably still going to buy that version just to play it, I dout there'll be extras in the PS2 version that are all that great. (ooh dante, playable!? maybe I'll get the greatest hits version in 2006!)

I think it also bares mentioning that the link UNDER the post showing this release is also shown in japanese so it is indeed a bilingual press release.

[quote name='"CapAmerica"'][quote name='"jputahraptor"']The way I look at it if a game is released across all 3 consoles gamecube is the least likely to sell. They don't support online so the more and more games that use this feature don't and can't share that with Nintendo. Xbox has the better graphics and PS2 has a good share of the market and regardless of graphics have the advantage of more of their systems in homes.[/quote]

Thats actually not true.
Soul Calibur II, PSO, Viewtiful Joe and Sonic Heroes all sold better on the GameCube then the PS2 and Xbox.

Online is not that big of a feature. besides Sports titles there are very very little cross platform Online games.

Lets not get into the graphics argument. There have been studies and papers writen that show that the Xbox and GameCube are very close in graphic power.[/quote]

Soul Caliber sold well for the cube because of the exclusive character Link as opposed to spawn or whoever sony got. VJ never released on Xbox and took almost a year before it was ported. Poor examples but gamecube games are almost never the strongest of the games released across all systems.

Hmm... I still think this doesn't sound right. Don't get me wrong, I have a PS2 and a GC but I have not read anything else anywhere that confirms this. Until I hear anything officially from Capcom then I'm just going to ignore this.

[quote name='CapAmerica'][quote name='jputahraptor']The way I look at it if a game is released across all 3 consoles gamecube is the least likely to sell. They don't support online so the more and more games that use this feature don't and can't share that with Nintendo. Xbox has the better graphics and PS2 has a good share of the market and regardless of graphics have the advantage of more of their systems in homes.[/quote]

Thats actually not true.

Lets not get into the graphics argument. There have been studies and papers writen that show that the Xbox and GameCube are very close in graphic power.[/quote]

Soul Calibur II sold better for GCN because it had the best exclusive character. Viewtiful Joe has been out for PS2 for only a few months. Those are bad examples.

Well, dammit, I checked the link to that press statement and it is actually hosted at Capcom of Japan's official site. WTF!

I bought my gamecube at first for the resident evil series, but after time I came to love my gamecube more. However that is a big blow for nintendo because resident evil 4 was one of the top games to bring them sells. I am still buying it for gamecube because of three reasons, 1.) it will look better 2.) the ps2 version prob wont be out until summer 05 or fall and 3.) I already own RE0-RECV on GC so it would look better in my collection to have RE4 along with them.

[quote name='valor19']Hmm... I still think this doesn't sound right. Don't get me wrong, I have a PS2 and a GC but I have not read anything else anywhere that confirms this. Until I hear anything officially from Capcom then I'm just going to ignore this.[/quote]

CAPCOM's Japan website confirmed this, what more do you need?

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='valor19']Hmm... I still think this doesn't sound right. Don't get me wrong, I have a PS2 and a GC but I have not read anything else anywhere that confirms this. Until I hear anything officially from Capcom then I'm just going to ignore this.[/quote]

CAPCOM's Japan website confirmed this, what more do you need?[/quote]

That is funny because I corrected myself shortly after and you still chose to quote my first post. :roll:

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='CapAmerica'][quote name='jputahraptor']The way I look at it if a game is released across all 3 consoles gamecube is the least likely to sell. They don't support online so the more and more games that use this feature don't and can't share that with Nintendo. Xbox has the better graphics and PS2 has a good share of the market and regardless of graphics have the advantage of more of their systems in homes.[/quote]

Thats actually not true.

Soul Calibur II sold better for GCN because it had the best exclusive character. Viewtiful Joe has been out for PS2 for only a few months. Those are bad examples.[/quote]They're the only examples! :wink:

VJ for PS2 is a poor seller, anyone truely interested bought it for the cube already and those who didn't buy it for the cube have already bought the PS2 version or are waiting for the GH price. It simply took too long but thats BECAUSE of the exclusivity deal.

Most every exclusivity deal comes with a time limit there's no such thing as a permanant 3rd party game, if someone wants Gungrave or Spy Fiction for the XB or if someone wants Crazy Taxi 3 for PS2 they have to wait six months to a year and hope M$ or $ony asks for it, which they wont because they;re low selling titles and wouldnt sell a single system.

If RE4 comes to the PS2 in december of 2005 Nintendo looses nothing the only part of it that screws nintendo is that they've announced it early, which HELPS Capcom because it means their stock holders are happy and will buy more stock which helps their bottom line.

[quote name='valor19'][quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='valor19']Hmm... I still think this doesn't sound right. Don't get me wrong, I have a PS2 and a GC but I have not read anything else anywhere that confirms this. Until I hear anything officially from Capcom then I'm just going to ignore this.[/quote]

That is funny because I corrected myself shortly after and you still chose to quote my first post. :roll:[/quote]

whats funny is you edited your post well after I typed my reply. Also if you would have bothered to read the thread, there would have been no need for you to even post on the matter of it being fake or not

[quote name='jputahraptor']
Soul Caliber sold well for the cube because of the exclusive character Link as opposed to spawn or whoever sony got. VJ never released on Xbox and took almost a year before it was ported. Poor examples but gamecube games are almost never the strongest of the games released across all systems.[/quote]

I think while cross platform sales have been lower on the GC than on the other two consoles, the quality of the game itself might be better. I just went through gamerankings and quite a few new releases have ranked higher on the GC then on either the xbox or ps2. For example Second Sight, X-Men Legends, Megaman X: Command Mission, Def Jam: Fight for NY, SRS and TMNT 2 all ranked above either the PS2 or Xbox version if not both.

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='valor19'][quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='valor19']Hmm... I still think this doesn't sound right. Don't get me wrong, I have a PS2 and a GC but I have not read anything else anywhere that confirms this. Until I hear anything officially from Capcom then I'm just going to ignore this.[/quote]

That is funny because I corrected myself shortly after and you still chose to quote my first post. :roll:[/quote]

whats funny is you edited your post well after I typed my reply. Also if you would have bothered to read the thread, there would have been no need for you to even post on the matter of it being fake or not[/quote]

I did not edit my post, moron. Go look at the bottom and look to see if it said it was edited. Does it? No! Learn to use a message board before you accuse people of editing shit.

[quote name='valor19'][quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='valor19'][quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='valor19']Hmm... I still think this doesn't sound right. Don't get me wrong, I have a PS2 and a GC but I have not read anything else anywhere that confirms this. Until I hear anything officially from Capcom then I'm just going to ignore this.[/quote]

whats funny is you edited your post well after I typed my reply. Also if you would have bothered to read the thread, there would have been no need for you to even post on the matter of it being fake or not[/quote]

I did not edit my post, moron. Go look at the bottom and look to see if it said it was edited. Does it? No! Learn to use a message board before you accuse people of editing shit.[/quote]

If I quoted a post that you later changed, how is this not an edit?

I am sorry you did not go through and read the whole thread before posting. Maybe next time you will read a thread, instead of having to have people point out things to you

[quote name='dcfox']I just went through gamerankings and quite a few new releases have ranked higher on the GC then on either the xbox or ps2.[/quote]I think that's because that more Nintendo (fan) magazines/websites review the games raising the score of the GameCube version of games on GameRankings. Atleast that's what I think.

How exactly does this exclusivity work again. Is a game exlcusive unless they feel like making it for anothers system. It sounds like there was no deal in the first place.

[quote name='sj41'][quote name='dcfox']I just went through gamerankings and quite a few new releases have ranked higher on the GC then on either the xbox or ps2.[/quote]I think that's because that more Nintendo (fan) magazines/websites review the games raising the score of the GameCube version of games on GameRankings. Atleast that's what I think.[/quote]

You can't really compare the rankings of multiplatform games since some system only magazines review them.

[quote name='msdmoney'][quote name='sj41'][quote name='dcfox']I just went through gamerankings and quite a few new releases have ranked higher on the GC then on either the xbox or ps2.[/quote]I think that's because that more Nintendo (fan) magazines/websites review the games raising the score of the GameCube version of games on GameRankings. Atleast that's what I think.[/quote]

You can't really compare the rankings of multiplatform games since some system only magazines review them.[/quote]

I had them sorted out by average score of main sites, I'm not exactly sure what that entails, but I'm assuming it excludes smaller fan sites and the such. But pretty much take the info with a grain of salt since most of scores are like a point or even in some cases a tenth of a point differential between each version. Just thought it might be interesting to note.

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='valor19'][quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='valor19'][quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='valor19']Hmm... I still think this doesn't sound right. Don't get me wrong, I have a PS2 and a GC but I have not read anything else anywhere that confirms this. Until I hear anything officially from Capcom then I'm just going to ignore this.[/quote]

I did not edit my post, moron. Go look at the bottom and look to see if it said it was edited. Does it? No! Learn to use a message board before you accuse people of editing shit.[/quote]

If I quoted a post that you later changed, how is this not an edit?

I am sorry you did not go through and read the whole thread before posting. Maybe next time you will read a thread, instead of having to have people point out things to you[/quote]

It still is not an edit since my original post is STILL there and unchanged. Instead I added another post. And the only links provided were the ones to the original message board. I am to believe everything I read on some message board? Sure, now there are links to Gamespot but before there were only links to that other message board. Go ahead, look at my first post and the ones prior to it and tell where I should have read? :roll:

I really don't understand why anyone would be upset about this.

'cube-only people still get the game, earlier and most likely better looking.

ps2-only people now get it as well. They'll just have to wait a bit.

I'm not the least bit surprised that Capcom isn't announcing Xbox ports of RE. Let's face it, this is a very big Japanese series, and the Japanese have all but ignored the 'box.

That said, 'box people can't hate Capcom because they gave them possibly the best 'mech game ever and one of the coolest games this gen w/ Steel Battalion. Capcom has historically been very good about spreading games around.

page 2 towards the top. There are two consective posts with direct proof that it was not bogus.

Satori and Scorch both tell you exactly where to go to see that it was not fake :roll:

and I think CAPCOM's JAPANESE website is more than enough proof that it was legitimate

[quote name='CaseyRyback']page 2 towards the top. There are two consective posts with direct proof that it was not bogus.

Satori and Scorch both tell you exactly where to go to see that it was not fake :roll:

and I think CAPCOM's JAPANESE website is more than enough proof that it was legitimate[/quote]

Well, the site...

capcom.co.jp

does not work and they both list it. Thats why assume no one posted a link that backed the forum. Go ahead, use that address, same one that those guys listed and it does not work. :roll:

[quote name='valor19'][quote name='CaseyRyback']page 2 towards the top. There are two consective posts with direct proof that it was not bogus.

and I think CAPCOM's JAPANESE website is more than enough proof that it was legitimate[/quote]

Well, the site...

capcom.co.jp

does not work and they both list it. Thats why assume no one posted a link that backed the forum. Go ahead, use that address, same one that those guys listed and it does not work. :roll:[/quote]

works prefectly fine for me. Pulls up the front page, and then all you have to do is look at the investors section.

Most disappointing news I've heard all week. Damn Capcom. It'll still be WAY better for the GC; the PS2 just can't cut it.

[quote name='msdmoney']How exactly does this exclusivity work again. Is a game exlcusive unless they feel like making it for anothers system. It sounds like there was no deal in the first place.[/quote]

Capcom said in the begining that the exclusivity was only for new games in the series: RE0, Remake and 4 were mentioned specifically and then they made a further push for Nintendo with other stuff produced for the cube like Killer 7, P.N.03 Viewtiful Joe and the game with the winged guy that they canceled. VJ did out bout not as well as capcomand nintendo wanted (it didnt cause peple to run out and get Cubes), P.N.03 tanked and they canceled the flying game.

When the RE game they were making didnt sell highly (causing the creator of the RE game to rant on a radio show how he was piss that FFX sold more than his precious remake) Capcom said specifically that they were going to have to probably go back to the table over the deal thay'd made because it wasnt bringing them the profits they expected, so I have to assume the deal was something where BOTH parties needed certain needs to be met, then these deals are made with Outs incase something goes wrong. If Nintendo wanted to drop the investment they'd made for these games because they sucked (which I'm betting is the case with the flying game) the contract would allow that and if Capcom wasn't seeing any cash for games that were exclusive to one system then they could probably pull the exclusivity after a certain point and let another company ask for a port. Hence the situation we see today.

[quote name='Mishimaryu']It will be better on the cube but sell better on PS2! First VJ now RE! :shock:[/quote]

Except VJ bombed on the PS2...

It'd be crazy to wait for the PS2 version. I can guarantee you the PS2 version will be a technical suckfest.

I still think GC version will outsell the PS2 version, and you would be insane to purchase the PS2 version unless it had some sort of exclusives and it was your only system.

RE4 is gonna be jaggie city on the PS2. They should have given the XBox a port and see how well it would sell on there as well.

But this is some pretty sad news, this was the only third party title (so far) I've been looking forward to as an exclusive for the Gamecube next year, and now It's no longer exclusive.

[quote name='NintendoFanGirl']I just hope all of you with GC's will purchase RE4 for that system and not wait for the PS2 version.[/quote]

chain saw controller should be enough reason :twisted:

[quote name='Monsta Mack']I still think GC version will outsell the PS2 version, and you would be insane to purchase the PS2 version unless it had some sort of exclusives and it was your only system. [/quote]

I think you can count on some kind of exclusive content. Capcom is after all the master of unlockin... err i mean double-dipping

VJ on the PS2 only sold bad because the put it out at the wrong time. I am going to get Resident Evil 4 on Gamecube and PS2 because I am a huge Resident Evil fan. I have RE 2 for the N64 and I dont have an N64. I also drove 2 hours to get ahold of the Gamecube version or RE 2&3. The PS2 version of RE4 wont be as bad as you think, seeing as Capcom is taking time to port it right instead of porting it as fast as they can and trying to get it out not that long after the Gamcecube release. And RE cant survive on Xbox because like someone else said Japan doesn't like the Xbox.

[quote name='NintendoFanGirl']I just hope all of you with GC's will purchase RE4 for that system and not wait for the PS2 version.[/quote]

I don't think the problem will be the PS2 version outselling the GC version. I'm pretty sure anyone with both systems will end up with GC one. The real problem is that this gives people even less encouragement to buy a GC and more to buy a PS2.

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='NintendoFanGirl']I just hope all of you with GC's will purchase RE4 for that system and not wait for the PS2 version.[/quote]

chain saw controller should be enough reason :twisted:[/quote]

What the hell is a chain saw controller? Does it just look like a chain saw?

[quote name='greendc27'][quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='NintendoFanGirl']I just hope all of you with GC's will purchase RE4 for that system and not wait for the PS2 version.[/quote]

What the hell is a chain saw controller? Does it just look like a chain saw?[/quote]

No, it is a chain saw. And to kill zombies you have to revv it up and swing it around wildly, making sure to hit and pets or siblings that are in the room.

[quote name='greendc27'][quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='NintendoFanGirl']I just hope all of you with GC's will purchase RE4 for that system and not wait for the PS2 version.[/quote]

What the hell is a chain saw controller? Does it just look like a chain saw?[/quote]

Well, it's called the chainsaw controller for a reason.

You know what'd be funny? If Capcom couldn't get RE4 to run right on the PS2 without crashing or lots of glitches. Then they cancel the PS2 version about 2 months before the supposed release date. That'd make it all worthwhile. :wink:

bread's done
Back