Real Gems from the CC $4.99 sale

Fatesealer

CAGiversary!
Are there any games you picked up during the CC $4.99 sale that have been a blast to play, that no one else may not have thought to pick up?

For me, it's:
Dr Muto (Xbox)
Ok, so this is yet another one of those throwaway mascot characters a la Ty the Tasmanian Tiger, but this game is hilarious... sure, it's yet another collectathon, but it's pure fun...

Pikmin (GC)
I stayed up last night just to finish the game and get the 30th ship piece and the day ended just as my Pikmin brought the piece to the ship... ARGH!!! I'm going to start my third game and knowing what needs to be done, I'll try to improve my record and finish in under 20 days or less...

War of the Monsters (PS2)
Just one of those games you play to let out that frustration from the lame day passed... gotta love throwing apes across the street and into the buildings...

All Star Baseball 2004, I picked it up solely for the homerun derby that my brother and I enjoyed so much in ASB 2003 and found out that ASB04 actually has some really nice features if you're into baseball nostalgia and the like.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']Rygar ... absolutely marvelous![/quote]

I'll have to agree with you this is a very cool game indeed

Jeopardy, me and my bro play this almost every day since I got it and it's really been fun. Never seen the same question asked again so far.

I've enjoyed burnout 2 and DMC 2 for another play though. I also picked up pikmin but i'm looking to trade at some junction..unopened...what a great deal some of those games. Also bought rygar but haven't played that one either.

[quote name='snotknocker'][quote name='Grave_Addiction']Rygar ... absolutely marvelous![/quote]

I'll have to agree with you this is a very cool game indeed[/quote]

I remember reading previews about it and was really excited.

I had so many great times playing the original Rygar. The only problem I have so far is it doesn't feel like the old one at all. I can't remember for sure, but I don't think it has any of the original music at all.

I know it's a different game, but I sure would have liked to see some variant of the original Rygar music.

Also, it would be cool to have the NES Rygar game unlockable at the end of the game.

[quote name='snotknocker'][quote name='Grave_Addiction']Rygar ... absolutely marvelous![/quote]

I'll have to agree with you this is a very cool game indeed[/quote]

I must also agree.

PN03- I can't decide whether I love or hate this game.

Gitaroo-Man. It's quickly starting to become one of my all time favorite games. I mean, not only is it really fun, the third level has a guy with an Elvis costume and a bee suit on. AT THE SAME TIME. Whoa.

Also, Disgaea, Ikaruga (already owned the DC version, I knew what I was in for

Timesplitters 2, and Klonoa on GBA is really good.

Also I would like to say Rygar is a great game, I had it when I used to have a PS2. Only problem is it can be finished in about 7 hours, that was my time upon finishing. Really good game though.

i went to circuit city last friday and i saw dr muto but i didnt buy it, because it wasnt on my list. then i found out that the game wasnt really that bad.

so i go back the next day, and its all gone :(

I drove 30 miles out of Phoenix on the 4th of July to score both Rez and Viewtiful Joe. VJ was easy to find, but I had to ask a clerk to check the computer for Rez. They showed having one in-stock, but I've been down that road before and know that that usually means the game was stolen.

Nevertheless, I starting searching every shelf and lo and behold not 30 seconds before I had to leave for lunch with the family -- it appeared.

I couldn't shut up the whole damn day. Despite the fact that I knew nobody else around me knew how fuucking cool the deal was that I got.

bread's done
Back