Really stupid hard drive questions

grundy

CAGiversary!
:dunce:
I'm sure this has been asked and answered numerous times, but if I take my 250GB HD from my slim 360 and place it in my friend's slim 360, will I still be able to access my gamertag, rock band song downloads, game demos, XBLA games, etc.?

Basically, if we wanted to play RB3, would I be able to play all of my songs?

Who would it sign in for XBOX Live? She has a Gold membership, but is using a formatted external HD. Would I have to disconnect that before inserting my HD?

Putting your hard drive in another 360 should make that 360 act as if it was yours. You should have everything you downloaded.

Usually yes, Rock Band is a seperate issue though. Lots of songs won't work because of the stupid DRM in them. They will only work on the original console, and to change that you have to do the once a year console migration from MS.

I thought it would be nice and easy to just play some downloaded songs at a friends house since I store all that on a USB but errors everywhere.

Who the fuck sells songs for party games and doesn't let you play them at other locations.

[quote name='BigPopov']Usually yes, Rock Band is a seperate issue though. Lots of songs won't work because of the stupid DRM in them. They will only work on the original console, and to change that you have to do the once a year console migration from MS.
[/QUOTE]

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live/marketplace-and-purchasing/download-content

"You can transfer content licenses from one console to another once every four months."

You couldn't play the song when your gamertag was logged into Xbox Live? It should've worked. I've played Lips and Dance Central DLC songs on multiple consoles.

[quote name='grundy']:dunce:
I'm sure this has been asked and answered numerous times, but if I take my 250GB HD from my slim 360 and place it in my friend's slim 360, will I still be able to access my gamertag, rock band song downloads, game demos, XBLA games, etc.?

Basically, if we wanted to play RB3, would I be able to play all of my songs?

Who would it sign in for XBOX Live? She has a Gold membership, but is using a formatted external HD. Would I have to disconnect that before inserting my HD?[/QUOTE]

The DLC is tagged to the account and the console that the DLC was purchased on. It's not tagged to the hard drive.

So for your DLC to work on your friend's console, you would have to be logged into Xbox Live. This works fine if you're doing multiplayer (your gamertag and her gamertag profiles are logged in). But if she wanted to do single player, she would have to play under your gamertag for the DLC to work.

If you want no problems, it'd be easier to just bring your console over. That way, it doesn't matter whether you have an Internet connection or who's gamertag is logged in.

[quote name='dirtyvu']http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live/marketplace-and-purchasing/download-content

"You can transfer content licenses from one console to another once every four months."

You couldn't play the song when your gamertag was logged into Xbox Live? It should've worked. I've played Lips and Dance Central DLC songs on multiple consoles.[/QUOTE]

thats a recent change. it used to be once a year, which was a real pain. but yea as long as youre connected to live, and you have the dlc on a hd or usb, you should be able to play it.

I didn't realize they dropped that license transfer to every 4 months either. I still haven't done the transfer to my slim 360 and I bought that around E3 2010. My 360 is always connected to Xbox Live. So, it really isn't an issue.

[quote name='Hoffer']I didn't realize they dropped that license transfer to every 4 months either. I still haven't done the transfer to my slim 360 and I bought that around E3 2010. My 360 is always connected to Xbox Live. So, it really isn't an issue.[/QUOTE]

When I got onto Xbox Live in 2010, it was every 6 months.

bread's done
Back