Reason #3527 why GameStop sucks ass ($5 if not preorder not picked up within 2 days)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']So maybe I shouldn't have angered the Best Buy hex/jinx god(s) by grabbing 12 copies of Sudoku Ball Detective for DS over the course of one day this past week.

I can already feel the bad mojo flowing towards me.:cry::whistle2:#[/QUOTE]
I have been trying to figure out why all of a sudden that game was getting reported somewhat regularly in the TIV thread. Now I know.

[quote name='flagg1216']This is meds btw. I never said you won't find the game. I'm not a GS employee.

What "horseshit" are you talking about? I clearly said SOMETIMES SLEEPER hits are hard to find at first. Clearly you don't like pre-ordering games and/or buying new release games. Thats fine, nothing wrong with it. But if you want a new game on release day, why would you not preorder????[/QUOTE]

Because most of the 'bonuses' are either non existent on release day and/or I want to wait for price drops before buying. There have been few games I've wanted to grab right on release day.

The last one I actually had fully pre-ordered was State Of Emergency and that game sucked balls, which is why I never pre-order anything anymore and I wait for price drops most times.

The only time I've had issues finding a game since Super Mario Bros 3 was Shadows of the Empire during the first N64 Christmas season and while working at Best Buy there was a shortage of the original Guitar Hero. Guitar Hero can be explained easily since it was a small niche title before it blew up in popularity. The early adopters were buying it based off Harmonix's reputation due to the awesomeness of amplitude and frequency. Luckily I was working the day it came in and picked it up before it hit the floor.

So thats 2 games in damn near 20 years of gaming :) I don't pre-order anymore

Yeah I can understand most people simply wanting to wait for a price drop. I rarely pre order, the only games I do are ones Im certain I will like, such as Dragon Age, Mass Effect 2, and the WoW expansions. Otherwise I tend to do much the same, or simply add it to my gamefly and go from there :p

Just don't forget that you can always trade in your 1 month old games to Gamestop to help cover that $5.00. The good news is, you might get away with only owing a quarter!

i dont see anything wrong with this, hes just trying to make some money, not like its illlegal or anything. and theres a reason why GS has the 1 week full refund trade in deal

The only retail release shortage I remember recently is with Nintendogs, which is understandable because everyone and their mother wanted that game, they simply didn't have enough available. I don't think I remember another shortage since then, although there seems to be a shortage of Dragon Quest V for the DS right now. If you bought it when it came out though you wouldn't be complaining about this shortage (unfortunately I cannot justify $40 for a DS game when I have umpteen unplayed games sitting here).

Shortages can also be regional but I know a lot of people who bought Nintendogs for 29.99 on the day it came out then realized it sucked then sold it on ebay for more than they bought it for a couple days later because it was hard to get.

[quote name='helluvagood']i dont see anything wrong with this, hes just trying to make some money, not like its illlegal or anything. and theres a reason why GS has the 1 week full refund trade in deal[/QUOTE]

I don't think many people have an issue with what he's doing. That's his business. I would think the majority of CAGs have flipped something for profit over the years, so they have no reason to complain. We're pointing out the irony and hypocrisy of a guy who is looking to make money off of a company complaining about the company's attempt to protect their bottom line.

I'd laugh so hard if gamestop ever starts adding another layer of shrinkwrap to hold the bonus cards on the gamecase and refuses returns if you remove the shrink wrap :) Will never happen but would be priceless.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']That, or we will see more and more "GameStop exclusive" versions, which have the exclusive content packaged in.[/QUOTE]

There have been more and more of these lately where it's already inside the case. I think they should do that will all of them to prevent douchebags from doing this or douchebag employees stealing the codes.

That's about the only reason I think I'd ever consider a job with Gamestop. Not so much to steal the codes, but to be able to grab any leftover pre-order goodies and actually give them away on here.

I've seen far too many trade lists with 'pay me this amount and this item(pre order bonus) is yours'.

Besides which, most pre-order bonuses aren't all that hot anyway. The average 'free artbook' that comes with pre-orders is usually 10-15 pages and usually contains some of the same stuff that they have in in-game art gallery things you can unlock as you progress through the game.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']That, or we will see more and more "GameStop exclusive" versions, which have the exclusive content packaged in.[/QUOTE]

not so loud...you might be giving them ideas

[quote name='neotheone007']not so loud...you might be giving them ideas[/QUOTE]

yea so they can rip open your box and put your code in OH WAIT! they already rip 10% of your boxes open!

don't worry fellas, gamestop isn't going to touch your boxes anymore than you do yourselves *wink*

bread's done
Back