Reasonably priced SNES

jab1235

CAGiversary!
So I've been really interested in some retro games lately and the SNES seems like it has a ton of great games on it. Unfortunately I can't seem to find a reasonable price on one. I'm looking for one in the $20-$25 range shipped with a controller or two.
I've been out of luck on ebay because they've all been going for 30+ with almost $20 shipping. Amazon seems about the same.

All my local retro stores have insanely high prices because there is barely any competition in town, most retro consoles are about $60+

So is there any place online that can accommodate my retro gaming needs, if not are any forum users willing to part with an extra one?

[quote name='jab1235']So I've been really interested in some retro games lately and the SNES seems like it has a ton of great games on it. Unfortunately I can't seem to find a reasonable price on one. I'm looking for one in the $20-$25 range shipped with a controller or two.
I've been out of luck on ebay because they've all been going for 30+ with almost $20 shipping. Amazon seems about the same.

All my local retro stores have insanely high prices because there is barely any competition in town, most retro consoles are about $60+

So is there any place online that can accommodate my retro gaming needs, if not are any forum users willing to part with an extra one?[/QUOTE]

highly doubtful your going to find one SHIPPED around 30 i got around 4 of them in my basement still in boxes but shipping kills selling them

try pawn shops or cragislist

[quote name='slidecage']highly doubtful your going to find one SHIPPED around 30 i got around 4 of them in my basement still in boxes but shipping kills selling them

try pawn shops or cragislist[/QUOTE]

Ah ok, thanks for the help. I didn't see to much on craigslist when I looked earlier, just the usual modders and bootleg sellers. I'll look around pawn shops and thrift stores this weekend though.

I went to a vintage toy store the other day and they had a new one in the box and they wanted $450. I thought that was a crazy price. They also had an Atari system brand new and Intelevision system brand new. I didn't even ask about the prices for those considering the price of the SNES.

[quote name='thebob101']I went to a vintage toy store the other day and they had a new one in the box and they wanted $450. I thought that was a crazy price. They also had an Atari system brand new and Intelevision system brand new. I didn't even ask about the prices for those considering the price of the SNES.[/QUOTE]
Yea it seems like most b&m retro game stores can get away with it because people will pay their prices.

Oh, the supaboy also looks pretty cool and I know you can hook it up to your TV, can anyone vouch for that?

Do you care if it is a phat style snes?

If not I know my local store sells the pays for $29.99 and I can look for one next time I am there if you want one and could ship it for whatever a flat rate box would cost to put it in.

[quote name='clonesniper666']Do you care if it is a phat style snes?

If not I know my local store sells the pays for $29.99 and I can look for one next time I am there if you want one and could ship it for whatever a flat rate box would cost to put it in.[/QUOTE]

Haha, don't worry about it. I may end up changing my mind so I don't want you ending up with a snes you don't want. Thanks anyway though!

And Cheapest, thanks for the info. I'll hit up some thrift stores this weekend and see what I can find.

I feel like old consoles have gone up in price over the past 4-5 years. I got 2 SNES in 2006 with a whole bunch of games and even 6 or 7 complete Japanese SNES games for like $40 shipped. I also got a NES for like $50 with a power glove, power mat, some huge entertainment center thing and some games. I think old consoles are in more demand either because of nostalgia or because some young kids think it would be cool to own them. I still want to get a hold of a slim SNES but those are usually pretty expensive.

You're welcome. That's how I got my first(and only) SNES a couple of years ago. I grabbed it for either $5 or $10 from a Salvation Army without any cables whatsoever. At least it came with one controller.;)

Actually that reminds me that I STILL haven't tested this combination system I bought about a year ago from the one Salvation Army here for $10 or so.:bomb: I think it plays NES games and one other type of cart.
[quote name='whoknows']Craigslist/pawn shops will be your best bet.

You could always go for something else like the Famicom Twin. It's $40 on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/SNES-Video-Sy..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1337825812&sr=1-1[/QUOTE]
That's like the one I have, cept mine has wired controllers. I still have to find a proper AC adapter for it though, since the one that came with it is 1 volt over the required voltage for the system.:cry:

Went to the thrift stores that were close to my house today, one was big and seemed like it had potential but there were only controllers. The other kinda sucked. The pawn shop i went to also only stocks modern games -___- any other suggestions to look for? I know there is a good place at a flea market that I'm gona check out but i'm pretty sure they still sell a snes for at least $40-50.

[quote name='eliter1']I feel like old consoles have gone up in price over the past 4-5 years. I got 2 SNES in 2006 with a whole bunch of games and even 6 or 7 complete Japanese SNES games for like $40 shipped. I also got a NES for like $50 with a power glove, power mat, some huge entertainment center thing and some games. I think old consoles are in more demand either because of nostalgia or because some young kids think it would be cool to own them. I still want to get a hold of a slim SNES but those are usually pretty expensive.[/QUOTE]

They totally have, SNES in particular. Idiot local/eBay sellers inflating their prices isn't helping any. I'm lucky I built up my collection when I did (6-7 years ago). Unfortunately my old mainstay of collection building (eBay lot listings) aren't really around anymore. My favorite L-O-effin-L place for ridiculous game prices though are the local Games N Go mall stores...my friend calls them "Hey-look-at-my-PS1-RPG-collection" stores. Games that you can't give away will sell for $17.99 in there. :lol:

SNES consoles are hard to find in my experience, unless you run the yard sale circuit I'd say put up a Want To Buy ad with a $30 bounty.

bread's done
Back