Rebought 360...recommend me a new title! :D

jcp42877

CAGiversary!
Feedback
113 (99%)
Need to catch up on new titles; which are priority?

Games I REALLY want to play: Dead Island, MW3 (really wanting to finish that story!), BF3 (MP aspect =

i loved gears 1/2 but 3 is kinda a let down. so-so campaign but the MP is vastly improved.

If you haven't played it, Halo Reach is really good even if your not a Halo fan.

Also Crysis 2 is worth a run-through.

Heard from friends that Dead Island is L4D with melee weapons.

I actually think Gears 3 is a must. Horde 2.0 is a fantastic experience. The story is much better than the first two. I can't help but believe you will like Gears 3 if you like Multiplayer. It is a great experience and I'm not much of shooter fan. Deus Ex and Rage are good games but not as pertinent. Arkham City will be fantastic if you like Arkham Asylum. I'm not a Bethesda fan so Skyrim is out of consideration for me.

Does Dead Island have ANY guns in it? Probably a stupid question, but figured I would ask. And I really would like to try Gears 3, and HAVE been hearing about the better MP, but my Gold ran out and Im looking for a SP game to play until I get another subscription. As for Reach and Crysis 2, I have played both. Actually have played most games up to the point when Dues Ex was released, because that's when I sold my last console.

Yes, Dead Island has guns, but the gun play isn't very fun. It's hard to explain but the focus is definitely on melee combat, though there are sections where using guns is what you are supposed to do.

I like your avatar :)

On topic: you might consider going back and finding some games you missed? I'm a cheapass, so from my point of view I'd rather buy 3 or 4 $10-$20 games than 1 $60 game, yaknow? I have Deus Ex (won it in a contest) and it is AWFUL (IMO). However, I bought Bulletstorm for $10 and it is fantastic fun! Just something to think about...

i was never into racing games. but then my friend showed me F1 2011 and MAN i got hooked.

i bought it for the 360, and bought a wireless wheel for $20 via craigslist (really lucky). and oh my good man its a really addicting game

whats even better is that it is CHALLENGING. it IS HARD dude. the best way to learn the game is actually watching real footage of how the pros drive in certain tracks.

like there is this one track in Melbourne. If i want to win, aside from tweaking the engines and car setup; I had to figure out the best way to approach each corners. I did that by watching a video of a pro driver taking a lap around the real life Melbourne track.

it helped

its challenging, but yet youl llearn so much.

also it has stunning visuals, and its one of those games where you need to strategize all the time.

during races, youll have to strategize by deciding:

1) which fuel type to use (do you want to conserve or go faster?),
2) decide when is the best time to pit (sometimes its better to pit early than late)
3) change your tires into a different kind of tires (if it rains in the middle of a race, youll have to switch to wet tires),
4) when to activate your wings during a race (the rear wing provides faster speed but you wont be able to turn)
5) when to activate KERS (rechargeable speed boost)

and much more... damn i want to play this game now..

If you haven't played them I highly recommend Mass Effect 1&2. As far as new games Rage is lots of fun and havily sides to sp.

Instead of going for the more popular titles, try Spider-man: Shattered Dimensions. Never played any of the Marvel/superhero games before, gave it a go and it was awesome. I thought it would be simple and kinda dull and easy, but it was loads of fun and well made. Plus, you could probably pick it up cheap.

Dark Souls is amazing. For a few titles that are cheaper and amazing try to find Bayonetta and Vanquish. Can get both of those sub $20. Personally, I will be wrapping up Gears 3 soon, then its on to Dark Souls and Modern Warfare 3 full time.

bread's done
Back