Reccomend me a New PS3 Game

Furashu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Hi i just joined goozex and i have no idea what game to get for PS3.

i have owned
warhawk,nba live 08, madden 08, oblivion, def jam, heavenly sword, resistance, call of duty 4, genji,

my current library is
ninja gaiden sigma, Metal gear solid 4, folklore, unreal tournament 3, need for speed pro street, marvel ultimate alliance, GH3,RB

i am going to rent uncharted since i hear its short.
also already have GTA4 in my requested

how is assassins creed?

i am not interested in BF:BC/GT5/NCAA09/Burnout

All that is really left is Ratchet and DMC4. You will find people who really liked and people who really hated Assassin's Creed. It looks gorgeous, the mechanics work great when you get the hang of them, but the missions are pretty repetitive, (eaves drop, collect flags, stalk and kill, etc). I'd Goozex it since it is only 650 pts. If you like it there is a ass load of stuff to find and collect.

dammit i just realized i listed about 3/4 of the worthwhile games.. lol

i can borrow DMC4 for 360 from a friend.

not so interested in ratchet

I just picked up Ratchet and Clank, be warned.

It has a problem, I got a "insufficient disc space" error when I tried to play it with 52 gigs of free space.

Apparently you have to delete something that is over 500 megs to get it to work, but I'm currently in the middle of the 20ish minute DMC4 install to try it out.

Forums on other websites suggested downloading a 500+ meg demo to get it to work, others said delete a 500+ meg file to get it to work.

I think I need to start a thread on how to get some of these games to work after the trouble I went through to get Assasins Creed to work.

On a different note and more related to the post:

I enjoyed The Darkness. It's not a deep FPS at all, more of a first person adventure, but for 20 bucks I enjoyed it a lot and played it pretty much non-stop. ONline play is kind of crap though. It's not very hard at all though, you kind of get more powerful as the game goes on and your enemies stay about the same, but I liked the atmosphere of the game.

Your post mentions nothing about whether they need to be good or not. That said the first 5 or 6 I'd recommend to anyone. The rest I would say if you can get cheap then they're enjoyable enough.

GRID
SingStar
Condemned 2
Dark Sector
Hot Shots Golf : OoB
Virtua Fighter 5
Assassins Creed
Motorstorm
Haze
Skate
Viking Battle for Asgard
Kane & Lynch
Stranglehold
Jericho
The Club
Army of Two

.... I could have added more but I think that's enough.

EDIT: Uncharted rules!

EDIT 2: With the exception of maybe GRID all the rest shoud be gotten cheap, and stuff toward the bottom well .... for dirt cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='StrandedBrit']
SingStar
Condemned 2
Dark Sector
Hot Shots Golf : OoB
Virtua Fighter 5
Assassins Creed
Motorstorm
Haze
Skate
Viking Battle for Asgard
Kane & Lynch
Stranglehold
Jericho
The Club
Army of Two[/QUOTE]

I would definitely try out the demos for Haze and Jericho before you buy them. Maybe it's just me but I vowed to never buy those two after playing the demos.

The demo for The Club was okay, Stranglehold made me laugh when I played it (all of that sliding on everything in sight), might be worthwhile if you can get it cheap, Dark Sector looked like it might be worthwhile from the demo as well.

What do you determine as short? Uncharted is an 8-10 hour game, and definitely in the top 3 of the console's game library.

under 12 hrs is pretty short to me

thanks for the reccomendations so far i will probably goozex assassins creed

i already have tekken DR so i dont want VF5
and i already own skate for 360.

what are your guy's thoughts on
lego star wars the complete saga? ive never played a lego game before.
is it kiddy? or would u reccomend it

Virtua Fighter 5 is a no brainer at $20. It's the best fighting game for the system and IMO one of the best ever. No online play kinda stinks but oh well.

Motorstorm is a game I received from Goozex and I love it. The tracks get a little repetitive but at least you're racing them on different vehicles. Since each class handles so differently, it feels like another game each time you race.

[quote name='KingBroly']What do you determine as short? Uncharted is an 8-10 hour game, and definitely in the top 3 of the console's game library.[/quote]

Uncharted is short by anyone's standards. It's a rental. A great rental, but still a rental.

As for good games to pick up, I think the OP's list pretty much settles it as far as great games on the system to play, in my opinion you're probably not gonna be satisfied with any game that we can recommend to you. Ratchet and Clank is a good rental or borrow from a friend, but it's short and not very replayable, just like uncharted. You'd be better off saving your money and using it to buy some of the great games coming this fall.

PS3 Exclusives
Folklore
Genji: Days of the Blade
Eye of Judgment
Heavenly Sword
Metal gear solid 4
Ninja gaiden Sigma
Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction
Resistance: Fall of Man
Ridge Racer 7
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Warhawk

Coming Soon in 2008
Siren: Blood Curse
Disgaea 3
Littlebigplant
Naruto: Ultimate ninja storm
Socom: Confrontation
Rsistance 2
valkyria chronicles

I'm currently playing Ratchet and Clank, I really like it despite that weird bug with the initial printings. Just install something over 500 megs and the game will work.

I agree with MLB the Show if you like baseball - by far the best baseball game ever made...logged in tons of hours

Hot Shots OOB is also great!!!

bread's done
Back