Rechargable Batteries Deal?

Amazon has a four pack of Duracell rechargeables (rebranded Sanyo Eneloops) for $8.26 for 4 AA.

One of the third party sellers has it for $7.92 with free shipping.

[quote name='Pyloric']I just bought an Energizer Rechargeable battery set. The Duracell's will work in that charger, correct?[/QUOTE]

if im correct, its no so much brand name like "energizer and duracell" that matter, its what type of battery it is, ie all nimh batteries should work in a charger meant for nimh batteries i believe. could be wrong but i think thats how it works

After seeing this thread I decided to buy rechargeable batteries but wanted to do it locally. I went to RadioShack and then to KMART just to find out they had total crap. I had to go to Target where they had the Energizer charger with batteries and the Duracell charger with batteries. I chose on the Energizers because it looked like a newer and better rechargeable, but I don't know maybe the Duracells still would've been better.

I think these will be good. Anyone know anything about the Energizer rechargeables? I'm going to be buying 4 more batteries probably, maybe AAA or maybe AA so I can buy Duracell too.

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe22']After seeing this thread I decided to buy rechargeable batteries but wanted to do it locally. I went to RadioShack and then to KMART just to find out they had total crap. I had to go to Target where they had the Energizer charger with batteries and the Duracell charger with batteries. I chose on the Energizers because it looked like a newer and better rechargeable, but I don't know maybe the Duracells still would've been better.

I think these will be good. Anyone know anything about the Energizer rechargeables? I'm going to be buying 4 more batteries probably, maybe AAA or maybe AA so I can buy Duracell too.[/QUOTE]

my brother got this set http://www.amazon.com/Energizer-Com...9?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1270009982&sr=1-9 about 2 years ago. the batteries still work and hold a pretty good charge 2 years later. but the charger is a different story, the charger worked perfectly for a year, and then 2 of the 4 slots stopped working, the other 2 still work just fine so all in all a fine deal id say. the batteries seem to hold up well. i bought some eneloops about 6 months ago i think and i like them alot. hold a great length charge

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']if im correct, its no so much brand name like "energizer and duracell" that matter, its what type of battery it is, ie all nimh batteries should work in a charger meant for nimh batteries i believe. could be wrong but i think thats how it works[/QUOTE]

No, you're right. The brand is meaningless. It's all basically the same stuff. It just has to be the right kind of battery. I use Energizer-branded batteries in a Kodak-branded charger. Everything works fine.

It weirds me out that the stores I usually buy rechargeable Energizers from have either stopped carrying them or put them on sale and it's harder to find the chargers.

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']my brother got this set http://www.amazon.com/Energizer-Com...9?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1270009982&sr=1-9 about 2 years ago. the batteries still work and hold a pretty good charge 2 years later. but the charger is a different story, the charger worked perfectly for a year, and then 2 of the 4 slots stopped working, the other 2 still work just fine so all in all a fine deal id say. the batteries seem to hold up well. i bought some eneloops about 6 months ago i think and i like them alot. hold a great length charge[/QUOTE]

I also got this set for Christmas, very handy and reliable. It's around $15-$20 at Walmart or Target. Maybe even Sam's Club.

[quote name='mikefavata']It weirds me out that the stores I usually buy rechargeable Energizers from have either stopped carrying them or put them on sale and it's harder to find the chargers.[/QUOTE]
Go to target that's where I got mine. They had a ton of the stuff and it was just in a different aisle than some of the other batteries.

That is the same Energizer charger I bought except they have a newer version out. Now there is lights to tell you when each battery is fully charged and they claim it does a complete charge 2 hours faster. Hopefully it does real good I haven't had to use any batteries yet. I've read about a high discharge rate in these batteries so I'm going to wait a little before putting them in my 360 controller and see how they're looking.

bread's done
Back