Reckless driving charge

[quote name='Quackzilla']We weren't dating at the time, we were just really good freinds.

By the way, you are really cold, dude.[/QUOTE]

I just call an asshole when I see one. Someone could have been killed thanks to your antics on the road.

[quote name='The Omnicient Lemon']Oh shit, I just realized I spelled my name wrong while making this account. Shit.[/QUOTE]

ask cheapy if you can chage it.

[quote name='The Omnicient Lemon']Oh shit, I just realized I spelled my name wrong while making this account. Shit.[/QUOTE]

Just PM the Chapster.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']How did he post so many times today if he's new?[/QUOTE]

The guy has 23 post per day.

Sblymnalcrymssiosmxlnl has around that many per day... and he has 24,000 posts.

Man.

[quote name='Quackzilla']aww man, if this goes on my record it could prevent me from getting into VT, couldn't it?

one mistake can really fuck things up

I don't car about fines or jail time, but if this messes up college for me...

I am like practically crying here, overanalyzing everything. Life was perfect then this happened. I am going to dump my girlfreind, I really love her and she is turning her life around, but I really can't afford any more mistakes. man, I have a 3.84 gpa, and I am taking 22 credit hours. I could trannsfer to any fucking college in the country, but with a conviction I am fucked.[/QUOTE]

man if you were in fairfax county, I would have just bitched slapped some sense into you. Its not the end of the world dude. You didn't kill anyone, you weren't chased by a police chopper, the cops didn't try to spike strip or shoot out your tires. I am no expert, but I don't think your license will be revolked... I say at the most points on your license and a fine... Jail time.....for going 100MPH ...doubt it. My bro works for Loudon County PD... I could ask him later on to see what he says..but I doubt he can bail you out of going to court.

[quote name='ITDEFX']man if you were in fairfax county, I would have just bitched slapped some sense into you. Its not the end of the world dude. You didn't kill anyone, you weren't chased by a police chopper, the cops didn't try to spike strip or shoot out your tires. I am no expert, but I don't think your license will be revolked... I say at the most points on your license and a fine... Jail time.....for going 100MPH ...doubt it. My bro works for Loudon County PD... I could ask him later on to see what he says..but I doubt he can bail you out of going to court.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, that put some sense back in me.

Man, this is the first time I have broken a law that I believed in, even if it was unintentional. It's not civil disobedience, it's a crime...

don't cry a river over it and don't pansy out.. it's a friggen speed limit. the objective is to go to court and beat it. it doesn't matter if you're guilty or not, you just need to keep the points from hitting your record and killing your insurance for 5 years OR LONGER. that's straight cash out of your pocket.

speed limits are meant to be broken. if i had a dollar for everytime i've gone over 100mph i'd lobby it to increase the national speed limit... and knowing the amount of times i've broken it i'd say i have a damn good chance at raising it, too.

100mph is nothing these days. econoboxes can hit it...

[quote name='The Omnicient Lemon']DoK, I like your name, did you get it from somewhere or did you come up with it yourself?[/QUOTE]

My douchebag ex used "Dead of Knight" on other sites and I stole it from it for this site while we were still dating. I would change it, but I can't really come up with a decent replacement. If anyone has any ideas they'd be appreciated. ;)

[quote name='Dead of Knight']My douchebag ex used "Dead of Knight" on other sites and I stole it from it for this site while we were still dating. I would change it, but I can't really come up with a decent replacement. If anyone has any ideas they'd be appreciated. ;)[/quote]OIC, thought the name sounded a bit masculine, actually.

anything over 100 in virginia automatic jail time, im tring to get out of jail time for doing 84 in a 65 have fun with that.

[quote name='InuFaye']anything over 100 in virginia automatic jail time, im tring to get out of jail time for doing 84 in a 65 have fun with that.[/QUOTE]

I think this brings us to a conclusive statement of Quackzilla's predicament:
1115767435848.jpg

[quote name='Quackzilla']Thanks, that put some sense back in me.

Man, this is the first time I have broken a law that I believed in, even if it was unintentional. It's not civil disobedience, it's a crime...[/QUOTE]
Actually, I think in VA, anything over 100mph is "Driving with intent to kill" so he must have clocked you at 102mph but marked it down to either 99 or 100 for you. Still, drivers under either 25(or 21, I forget which), are treated like shit in VA once they have a ticket. You will probably have to go to traffic school and pay some hefty fines, but they won't revoke it I don't think.

Bottom line is you need to talk to a lawyer who handles these cases and get the real story. Even if it does look like a few days in jail and a suspended license is likely, it won't ruin your life.

[quote name='shrike4242']:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Proof there is poetic justic in the world. Congrats on fucking up, Quack. Richly deserved.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. No matter what happens, you are going to feel like your ass hurts for a while. Either pay a shit ton of money in insurance and fines or pay for it in insurance and jail time. It's a lose-lose situation.

[quote name='shrike4242']:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Proof there is poetic justic in the world. Congrats on fucking up, Quack. Richly deserved.[/QUOTE]

I wonder what PittsburghAfterDark would think of this whole thing.

ALWAYS TRY TO FIGHT THE TICKET....regardless of what others say. They may reduce it to 10 over or something. Just look nice, wear a suit to court. A lawyer can help also.

oh come on now..the judge is going to ask this very same question "Where the fuck you were trying to get to at over 100 MPH?"

Reckless Driving (Felony or Misdemeanor)

The number of years that the conviction stays on your DMV record is in parentheses beside each violation.
  • Reckless driving - speeding in excess of 80 mph (11 years)
  • Reckless driving - speeding 20 mph or more above the posted speed limit (11 years)

So, I did some research and in Virginia driving in excess of 20 mph is statutory reckless driving. If convicted, there is a "maximum penalty of twelve months in jail, six months suspension of your Virginia driver’s license or six months suspension of your privilege to operate a motor vehicle in Virginia if you are licensed elsewhere, plus a fine of up to $2,500."

Also, the site says it is almost a guarantee that there will be jail time if you are driving over 100 mph and the suspension of your license is guaranteed as well.

Honestly, it appears that your best bet is to try and get them to reduce it to a speeding ticket rather than reckless driving based on your previous driving record. Besides, having your license revoked is much better than going to jail for several months.

So, how does one not know they're driving 100 mph in an economy car? I drive an Infiniti and it's farely obvious when I start hitting that mark. Either way, don't use that as an excuse in court. You're 20 and they won't find excuses a redeeming quality in you.

As far as school goes, if you have to appear before a court your professors are supposed to count it as an "excused absence" and give you make up work, notes, or whatever. So just talk to them and see what happens.

Good luck.

[quote name='shrike4242']Don't drop the soap, Quack. ;)[/QUOTE]

I bet Quack is shitting his pants off right now.

lol

[quote name='Quackzilla']I am a model citizen[/quote] Who chases after girls who are already in relationships, gets turned on by girls who cuss all the time, admires said girl who smokes pot and takes LSD.

You pick and chose the laws you wish to adhere to and get defensive about the ones you desire to break. That is not a model citizen, Quack. That's one who has simply gotten away with your own code of ethics up until now.

This sort of reckless driving will obviously never happen again.
Bull. To date everything I've read from you tells us that as soon as you get out of your scared that-your-future-may-be in-some-manner-of-jeopardy, you'll forget the whole thing happened and go back to completely disregarding the fact that you have the responsibility to drive as if everyone else's life depended on your actions.

Prove us wrong, Quack.

[quote name='wubb']"I was fatigued, and I did not realize that I was driving that fast. I was trying to pay attention to the road and I neglected to check the speedometer."

I don't see a judge buying that one.[/quote]Nor anyone else with a shred of common sense. If a driver isn't coherent enough to gauge how fast he's driving, he's an immediate danger to everyone else on the road.

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']The cop did you a favor by pulling you over and may have even saved someone's life, including your own.[/quote] Good call.

[quote name='Quackzilla'] I don't car about fines or jail time, but if this messes up college for me... [/quote]This? What do you mean by "this"? The cop pulling you over, the law in Virginia, or your own actions?

I am going to dump my girlfreind, I really love her and she is turning her life around, but I really can't afford any more mistakes.
You love her? Sugar, you're mistaking being turned on by a no-class skank for love. Either that or you recognize her for what she is, your relationship for what it is, and are trying to duck out of it without admitting to yourself what you are.

[quote name='Quackzilla']Man, I was so tired I might as well have been driving drunk, yet a whole group of people watched me get behind the wheel and didn't do anything.[/quote] Yes, you have bad friends. Take this as an eye-opener and aim for friends with some standards from hence forward.

More importantly. YOUR ACTIONS ARE YOUR OWN RESPONSIBILITY. NOT SOMEONE ELSES'. DON'T STAY OUT TOO LATE WHEN YOU HAVE TO DRIVE HOME. DON'T DRINK OR SMOKE POT; THERE ARE FRIGGEN CONSEQUENCES!!!!

Sorry, I had to get that out of my system.

[quote name='Quackzilla']Man, this is the first time I have broken a law that I believed in, even if it was unintentional. [/quote]EVERY time you get behind the wheel you are responsible for driving. EVERY time you get behind the wheel you are responsible for making the call that you are capable of driving.

But I still don't buy that it was unintentional. You know when you're driving fast, and when you're driving the limit. You were flying and thought it was no big deal.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']If anyone has any ideas they'd be appreciated. ;)[/quote]Something more feminine. The "knight" tag had me confused for the longest time.
blush.gif

[quote name='shrike4242']Proof there is poetic justic in the world. Congrats on fucking up, Quack. Richly deserved.[/quote]I am trying so hard not to feel this way. But you're making it hard, shrike.

Really, I'm not trying to tear Quack apart for the sake of it. If anything, he needs to seriously evaluate his judgment in everything he does in life.

Getting good grades does not equal being a good person. It equals being able to answer correctly on tests.

[quote name='doubledown']ALWAYS TRY TO FIGHT THE TICKET....regardless of what others say. They may reduce it to 10 over or something. Just look nice, wear a suit to court. A lawyer can help also.[/quote]Or get angry at you for wasting the courts time. And give you a steeper sentence.

Great idea, doubledown.

[quote name='guinaevere']Who chases after girls who are already in relationships, gets turned on by girls who cuss all the time, admires said girl who smokes pot and takes LSD....[/quote]

You like to respond to everyone dont you... :)

Half the people in this thread are total assholes. It's not as if quackzilla is the only person who's ever driven a car 100mph. And I doubt "someone could have been killed" as it's fairly certain there weren't a whole lot of people on the road, or he would have noticed how fast he was going.

[quote name='banpeikun']Half the people in this thread are total assholes. It's not as if quackzilla is the only person who's ever driven a car 100mph. And I doubt "someone could have been killed" as it's fairly certain there weren't a whole lot of people on the road, or he would have noticed how fast he was going.[/QUOTE]

QFT, kick the motherfucker while he's down. It's not like he's some newb in training. It's our resident crazy posting quackzilla.

I dont see any way of you getting this reduced. Your only excuse is being fatigued, and driving while that tired meets the very definition of "reckless."

[quote name='michaema']You like to respond to everyone dont you... :)[/quote]No.

As I'm not on CAG all the time, I often miss hours if not days of posts. So I'll include several responses in one post, rather than make tons of seperate posts.

But yes, I have a lot to say.

[quote name='banpeikun']Half the people in this thread are total assholes. It's not as if quackzilla is the only person who's ever driven a car 100mph. And I doubt "someone could have been killed" as it's fairly certain there weren't a whole lot of people on the road, or he would have noticed how fast he was going.[/QUOTE]

The only people who go that fast are people running from the police. I take it no one has ever seen some sort of "high speed chases caught on tape" type of show on spike tv huh?

Quack, just come clean...tell us why the fuck where you going that fast?

[quote name='ITDEFX']The only people who go that fast are people running from the police. I take it no one has ever seen some sort of "high speed chases caught on tape" type of show on spike tv huh?

Quack, just come clean...tell us how the fuck you where going that fast in a Hyiandi Accent?[/QUOTE]

fixed

Dear Guinaevere:

You are my hero.

I also totally need a new username.... like you said, something more feminine. If someone has any ideas, please PM or IM me. ;)

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Dear Guinaevere:

You are my hero.

I also totally need a new username.... like you said, something more feminine. If someone has any ideas, please PM or IM me. ;)[/QUOTE]

Tengo Vagina
Lone Pussy
Girl Gone Wild
Deady Does Dallas
Dead of Knightess
Girl
GamerGirl
CheapAssGirl

You are my hero.

I also totally need a new username.... like you said, something more feminine. If someone has any ideas, please PM or IM me. ;)[/quote]

"Warrior Princess" or "Xena" :D

[quote name='Moxio']Tengo Vagina
Lone Pussy
Girl Gone Wild
Deady Does Dallas
Dead of Knightess
Girl
GamerGirl
CheapAssGirl[/quote]

Too funny:rofl:

You are my hero.[/quote] awww... I'm no good with compliments.
blush.gif

And please call me, gwen. It's a lot easier to type.

[quote name='Moxio']stuff[/quote] I love all the misogynists on this board.

[quote name='guinaevere']awww... I'm no good with compliments.
blush.gif

And please call me, gwen. It's a lot easier to type.

I love all the misogynists on this board.[/QUOTE]

My sexism isn't out of hatred. I'm, uh, just trying to respect women?

:bouncy: :bouncy:

*head explodes*

bread's done
Back