Reckless driving charge

[quote name='guinaevere']
And please call me, gwen. It's a lot easier to type.[/QUOTE]

Now you tell me this, after taking about a minute to correctly type out your name instead of copying and pasting. :rofl:

I should probably put that in my sig somewhere, huh? Although it does give me a chuckle to know that somewhere, someone is tripping over their own fingers trying to spell MY middle name.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Dear Guinaevere:

You are my hero.

I also totally need a new username.... like you said, something more feminine. If someone has any ideas, please PM or IM me. ;)[/quote]Are you looking for something related to the one you have now? I assume not, if it was your "Douchebag Ex's" (who clearly must be a douchebag if he's no longer with you.) Point is, I have no other place to start unless I know more about you and your name preferences. I could come up with a huge list of creative and unique names, but you might not like any of them unless I have an idea of what you like. Personally I'm quite random, and just like to play with words.

[quote name='The Omniscient Lemon']Are you looking for something related to the one you have now? I assume not, if it was your "Douchebag Ex's" (who clearly must be a douchebag if he's no longer with you.) Point is, I have no other place to start unless I know more about you and your name preferences. I could come up with a huge list of creative and unique names, but you might not like any of them unless I have an idea of what you like. Personally I'm quite random, and just like to play with words.[/QUOTE]

I have already submitted a name to CheapyD. Let's see if it goes through. It's nothing special, though.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I have already submitted a name to CheapyD. Let's see if it goes through. It's nothing special, though.[/QUOTE]

Plz post nudie pix

[quote name='Dead of Knight']:rofl:[/QUOTE]

Heh, seriously what do you want your name to be? If you want to surprise, than sure.

Just don't pull a 6669 and revamp your avatar! Now I can't even recognize her! :whistle2:#

[quote name='Moxio']Heh, seriously what do you want your name to be? If you want to surprise, than sure.

Just don't pull a 6669 and revamp your avatar! Now I can't even recognize her! :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

You'll see the new username when Cheapy changes it. I don't think it's taken, but there's a small chance it might be.

I was thinking of changing my avatar, but I won't for a while thanks to the name change.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']You'll see the new username when Cheapy changes it. I don't think it's taken, but there's a small chance it might be.

I was thinking of changing my avatar, but I won't for a while thanks to the name change.[/quote]Michael Jackson?

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I was thinking of changing my avatar,[/quote]Don't! It'll go well with
Your new name which I won't give away.

[quote name='guinaevere']Don't! It'll go well with
Your new name which I won't give away.
[/quote]The avatar label is "char_jenna," if that says anything.

But if it looks like anything to me it's either Michael Jackson or Carmen SanDiego.

Although I suspect it's actually from some video game or perhaps manga.

[quote name='The Omniscient Lemon']Does anyone know the name of that dude with the pointy helmet and the giant half-pair of scissors in Silent Hill?[/QUOTE]
Pyramid head?

[quote name='The Omniscient Lemon']Is that his actual name or is that just what you call him?[/QUOTE]
I didn't think his head looked like a pyramid, but the dude in the game calls him that in a cutscene.

But it has been a while since I played the game, so my memory could be faulty.

[quote name='Quackzilla']I didn't think his head looked like a pyramid, but the dude in the game calls him that in a cutscene.

But it has been a while since I played the game, so my memory could be faulty.[/quote]I didn;t think that was his head. Just a ridiculously oversized metal object on top of it. Much like the giant half-pair of scissors.

I can kinda understand where you are coming from, I have accidentally ended up over a 100 on the turnpike, but that was keeping up with other cars.

Worst comes to worst you could try talking to the arresting officer. See if there is anyway about reducing the ticket.

What did you tell the cop when you were pulled over? Did you at least have a half decent excuse?

well i was doing some highway pulls and got up to about 130 this evening... just throwing that out there so you can make fun of somebody else too because you're all upstanding citizens who obey the speed limit.

[quote name='banpeikun']Half the people in this thread are total assholes. It's not as if quackzilla is the only person who's ever driven a car 100mph. And I doubt "someone could have been killed" as it's fairly certain there weren't a whole lot of people on the road, or he would have noticed how fast he was going.[/QUOTE]

My issue isn't with him speeding (I'd be lying if I said I've never gotten up to 90mph. I've gotten a speeding ticket at something like 81 in a 65, and thank god the Highway Patrol officer bumped it down to 79.), it's with him making excuses as to why he was doing it and trying to weasel out of it, saying he's a model citizen and didn't notice.

If he's telling the truth and didn't notice because he was so tired, then he's damn lucky he's merely having to go to court and possibly lose his license. If he was that fatigued, he could have fallen asleep driving, and lost his life and maybe others. I'd take being pulled over over waking up finding yourself inches behind the bumper of a semi, then wrecking into it and being careflighted out of there. This does happen. People doze off at the wheel or get road hypnotised, keep driving, somehow straight, at 100mph, and suddenly wake up finding themselves under a semi.

Put simply, if he was that fatigued, he should've told himself not to drive and got a ride from someone else, or found a place to stay. I was taught as one of the first things when I learned to drive that if I felt tired, I had no right to be behind the wheel.

If he wasn't fatigued, which I think is incredibly likely, he was just taking a risk. When you speed you know you're taking a chance. Don't take the chance if you aren't willing to pay the price. Don't make excuses.

Does it suck? Yeah. I nearly cried when the HP gave me a ticket when I was expecting a warning-- it was my first thing to ever go on my record, no accidents, no arrests, no tickets. I was the 'model citizen' as well (without the LSD and weed, to boot.). But I didn't bitch that he did. He was just doing his job. I paid the stupidly expensive ticket and now I pay more attention to the speed limit. Lesson learned. I sucked it up, took responsibility for it, and moved on.

well said. perfect citizense don't go 102 mph. end of story. you made a mistake, it's not the end of the world. you're 20 years old, you'll learn from it and move on...

[quote name='jezebelseven']
If he's telling the truth and didn't notice because he was so tired, then he's damn lucky he's merely having to go to court and possibly lose his license. If he was that fatigued, he could have fallen asleep driving, and lost his life and maybe others. I'd take being pulled over over waking up finding yourself inches behind the bumper of a semi, then wrecking into it and being careflighted out of there. This does happen. People doze off at the wheel or get road hypnotised, keep driving, somehow straight, at 100mph, and suddenly wake up finding themselves under a semi.

Put simply, if he was that fatigued, he should've told himself not to drive and got a ride from someone else, or found a place to stay. I was taught as one of the first things when I learned to drive that if I felt tired, I had no right to be behind the wheel.
[/QUOTE]

I knew somebody that this happened too... the brother of one of my friends about 10 or so years ago. His brother fell asleep at the wheel, ended up driving the car off the road into a ditch and died there because, and my memory is a bit off, no one was able to find him and give him help since he crashed in the middle of nowhere.

He was missing for three days before anyone even found him.

[quote name='guinaevere']Who chases after girls who are already in relationships, gets turned on by girls who cuss all the time, admires said girl who smokes pot and takes LSD.

You pick and chose the laws you wish to adhere to and get defensive about the ones you desire to break. That is not a model citizen, Quack. That's one who has simply gotten away with your own code of ethics up until now.
[/QUOTE]

Wait, how is everything but the last two picking and choosing laws?

And to say he's not going to learn from this? That's ridiculous. With these kind of charges being levelled, it's hard to believe anyone wouldn't.

I'm the last person here who can make judgements about how someone can drive. But I should probably be the first to tell them what they should do. Spring quarter of my freshman year (I was 18), I decided I didn't want some guy on my ass going down a road (that was 45mph). Unfortunately, I didn't notice the school speed limit signs, said school, and the speedtrap of about 25 police officers. Oops. Got a 61 in a 25, school zone. In Georgia, any serious offence for people under 21 gets you an automatic six month revocation. Lawyered up with the help of my parents, got it reduced to just under the revocation point with community service and driving school.

Fast forward a year, and get nicked again. This time, 70 in a 45. To be completely fair, this was a six lane road that the flow of traffic was doing 70. I got singled out, just for the pure fact I was a couple feet in front of the car next to me. Decided to take my punishment. Six months was actually nine months because of procedural issues. Ended up riding my bike three miles just to catch the bus to go to work and school. It sucked so hard. But I finally learned my lesson. Not to mention I also drive a lot more carefully given my cargo.

Quack, get a lawyer just so you don't go to jail. IMO speeding (any speed) isn't jailworthy (especially after reading a Top Gear story about going cross country at over 130mph and getting a warning). What you need is a good slap in the face, and when you do, don't blame anyone else. Go ahead and plan to change your lifestyle to accomodate the bus and start making good friends with people with cars.

Cheapy says the name I'd chosen was already taken. :cry:

Back to the drawing board.... I'll be out for a few days for Thanksgiving though so don't expect anything till later in the week.

[quote name='guinaevere']I am trying so hard not to feel this way. But you're making it hard, shrike.[/quote]
Quack's had more than one instance of carrying a holier-than-thou attitude about how good of a "model citizen" he is. He makes a mistake like this, and he's trying to find the way out, making excuses all the way.

I'd call poetic justice in my book. Then again, I'm a cynical jaded adult, so I guess it comes with the territory. :roll:

Good points all around on what you said. Gold star for you.

[quote name='Quackzilla'] I was stopped for going 102 miles per hour, and I was charged with reckless driving.

I was fatigued, and I did not realize that I was driving that fast. I was trying to pay attention to the road and I neglected to check the speedometer.
[/quote]

That's the silliest excuse I've ever heard. I hope you didnt tell that to the cop that pulled you over. Also, you weren't high were you?

well i hate to break the bad news bro. i have a couple friends on the police dept. were i live ohio. i asked him what will happen if it happen in the small town we live in. not good at all lawyer or no lawyer fine around 400 bucks 5 days in jail 90 days licence provoke. he said lawyer just be waisting more money. and if u smoked weed in the past you be screwed more. live and learn.

[quote name='nobodysfool'] and if u smoked weed in the past you be screwed more.[/QUOTE]

How the fuck is that going to make any difference?

And that's nice what happens in Ohio. Doesn't matter. I've already posted links to law in Virginia. If he doesn't get a lawyer, he may be going to jail for longer than 90 days.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I think he is talking about if he'd been caught smoking weed in the past, which is not the case.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, that's why it doesn't matter except in a judgement of opinion from the people here.

oh yeah, the officer didn't ask me why I was speeding, he just asked me where I was going...

I've never been pulled over before, but I thought they at least give you a chance to try and explain yourself.

[quote name='Quackzilla']oh yeah, the officer didn't ask me why I was speeding, he just asked me where I was going...

I've never been pulled over before, but I thought they at least give you a chance to try and explain yourself.[/QUOTE]

Based on what you have said here, it would not have made a difference. Being tired will not get you out of a ticket.

I wish he would have had the mercy to knock 3mph off of it...

My freind told me if I had boobs and my passenger was white maybe he would have marked it at 99mph, but oh well.

Whatever happened happened and I have to deal with it.

I haven't read this whole thread, but find it crazy that this guy, this "model citizen", is going to jail, whereas my cousin (a bajillionth-time criminal), just last night got out of doing 125 in a 55 by making a single phone call (from jail) this morning.

It's not what you know, it's who you know in your state capital that makes all the difference in the world.

If you're going to speed rediculously like that, you better know somebody in your state capital that can take care of things like that.

geez 102 in a Accent? im surprised you didnt die in that flaming piece of shit...sorry for all you accent owners...im not a fan at all of hyundais.

as for your situation...suck it up man. geez your acting like a fucking cry baby over a ticket. its not the end of the fucking world for you because you got one ticket. its your dam fault you went that fast. you deserve what you got end of story.

About the only thing you could have done with the cop is be really polite and if he said something like "I clocked you going 102 MPH" beg him to put less than 100MPH on the ticket. Works better if you are a chick and can cry.

The only time I've been pulled over *knock on wood* cop clocked me going 68 in a 55. I was completely flustered and showed him my proof of insurance asking "Is this the registration, sir?" I eventually found the right paper and he just gave me a warning asking me to slow it down in the future. "Thanks, officer!"

You never cease to amaze me, Quack. Top it all by committing suicide.

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Dude, you're in VA...you're fucked. fucked even harder if you're in northern VA[/QUOTE]

Fairfax County PD are a bunch of assholes with small dicks.

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Isn't that 80-90% of all police forces though...[/quote]I wouldn't know. I don't deal with them on a regular basis, nor do I have anything to hide.

At any rate, if I ever got pulled over, I would just suck it up and learn from it. If it was the first violation and I got a ticket, I would be a little upset because I would know they could just let me go with a warning. But then again, if you're going over 100...

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Isn't that 80-90% of all police forces though...[/QUOTE]

I guess...but to get a 85 dollar ticket for attempting to pass on shoulder..now thats fucked up..and only assholes with nothing better to do would do that to people.

oh yea 4 years ago when I was coming off of a very long shift at Radio Shack there was this one car infront of me while we were waiting for the light. This clown decides to switch over to the right without signaling. I forget why, but it pissed me off to where I honked him as he was moving over. At that instant the light turned green and everyone started moving including myself. Suddenly his under cover lights flash on and he stopped while the rest of us were moving. I guess he was trying to get me but the way traffic started flowing it was probibly best to keep going. The fucker was probibly pissed that there was no way he could have gotten me, but I was damned lucky. Then again what would the cop charge me with? Honking a cop? Didn't know it was a crime lol.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I guess...but to get a 85 dollar ticket for attempting to pass on shoulder..now thats fucked up..and only assholes with nothing better to do would do that to people.[/QUOTE]

So you broke the law, and you're mad why?

bread's done
Back