Recommend a LCD monitor for PS3 and PC.

[quote name='Raymond']I'm looking for a 22" (maybe bigger) LCD monitor that could work with my PS3 @ 720p resolution or higher. I was thinking about this monitor: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001096 but change my mind after reading the S, A, C panel thing.

Also recommend a switch box that will allow me to switch back and forward between my PC and PS3, so I don't have to keep plugging and unplugging.[/quote]

Best buy has a the 216bw on sale this week for 239.99, which is actaully a better monitor than the 226bw, as it has a higher contrast ratio and other things that make it better. and If your getting a 22inch, I would get teh 226cw, as it has the wide color gamut, the 226 bw does not.

[quote name='H.Cornerstone']Best buy has a the 216bw on sale this week for 239.99, which is actaully a better monitor than the 226bw, as it has a higher contrast ratio and other things that make it better. and If your getting a 22inch, I would get teh 226cw, as it has the wide color gamut, the 226 bw does not.[/quote]

People on newegg bitch about everything. That moniter would've been fine. I got the 225bw and it works great. My brother has that 216bw and it looks the same size and for fifty dollar less. You can't go wrong with either, you'll just need a hdmi switch and hdmi to dvi cables.

[quote name='VipFREAK']I've been pretty happy with this But I got it with a $50 instant rebate. I'd wait for a deal on it.[/QUOTE]

That's too big I don't want to sit in front of a monitor that's 28"....

The newly released Samsung 2232BW seems good. Anyone has this monitor and want to make some comment?

Hey dude,

If you want a 22" inch, I have to say my reccomendation would be the Samsung 226BW

It is a really good quality screen, with a good g2g response time (3ms) and both AVI and a HDCP compliant DVI input which you could put the PS3 on.

Alternatively, if you want a 24" screen, my pick would be, the BenQ FP241FW
which is the monitor I myself now use. It has a beautiful picture a really robust stand which raises/lowers, tilts and swivels and the Inputs are second to none.

It has S-video (which you can use the PiP technology to watch while running another input) as well as an HDCP HDMI port, AVI, DVI, Component and a built in 3-port USB hub.

I have my PC in the DVI port, my 360 in AVI and the Wii plugged in to the componenet input and I can switch between them with just a single button.

I spent a long time looking at monitors and these two were the best value for their relevant sizes and feature sets.

Hope that has helped, good luck with the purchase.

EDIT: Just to mention that of course te 22" samsung tops out at 1680x1050 (a little under 1080p) and the 24" BenQ at 1920x1200, well above 1080p, and has 1:1 pixel mapping.

All I am going ot say is, if your getting a Samsung 22inch, Get the 216bw, it's the better monitor, and you only lose .4 inches and you save over 70$, plus get a better picture.

[quote name='ai.neuromancer']Hey dude,

If you want a 22" inch, I have to say my reccomendation would be the Samsung 226BW

It is a really good quality screen, with a good g2g response time (3ms) and both AVI and a HDCP compliant DVI input which you could put the PS3 on.

Alternatively, if you want a 24" screen, my pick would be, the BenQ FP241FW
which is the monitor I myself now use. It has a beautiful picture a really robust stand which raises/lowers, tilts and swivels and the Inputs are second to none.

It has S-video (which you can use the PiP technology to watch while running another input) as well as an HDCP HDMI port, AVI, DVI, Component and a built in 3-port USB hub.

I have my PC in the DVI port, my 360 in AVI and the Wii plugged in to the componenet input and I can switch between them with just a single button.

I spent a long time looking at monitors and these two were the best value for their relevant sizes and feature sets.

Hope that has helped, good luck with the purchase.

EDIT: Just to mention that of course te 22" samsung tops out at 1680x1050 (a little under 1080p) and the 24" BenQ at 1920x1200, well above 1080p, and has 1:1 pixel mapping.[/QUOTE]

That 24" look good. Are you experience any ghosting, bleeding, and dead pixel?

I'd throw the dell 2407wfp-hc into the mix too. Just tested my 360 on a friends via VGA and it was great (running at 1080p out with 1:1). I don't think the BenQ does 1:1, which imo is a huge strike against it for console use (I don't like stretched views).

I had to look really hard to see the ghosting that they've mentioned with the HC - I think they're also in the process of launching a revision right now which should fix that up permanently. I need a second monitor so I'll probably be picking up the HC as soon as they work out the kinks (either via FW update, or exchange).

There's a $100 coupon for Costco in effect for 9/17-9/30 (http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=486240) so it should be a pretty good deal if you need a monitor (plus the nice costco return policy).

I found that BenQ FP222WH is just like BenQ FP241FW, and only 2" less and 50% cheaper.

EDIT: I ordered BenQ FP222WH and along with Logitech Z-5500. Can't wait to see how this monitor will do.

You know at 22" you are still in CRT range. CRT's still give the best picture, as they don't have a limited colour range like LCD's, and they run at any res your PS3 can throw at it, without having to worry about aliasing introduced by scaling.

The only downside, is the depth, and power consumption.

~S

[quote name='snowsquirrel']You know at 22" you are still in CRT range. CRT's still give the best picture, as they don't have a limited colour range like LCD's, and they run at any res your PS3 can throw at it, without having to worry about aliasing introduced by scaling.

The only downside, is the depth, and power consumption.

~S[/quote]

I also don't like CRT monitors as Progressive Scan makes a big difference and they hurt your eyes at close range.

bread's done
Back