Recommend a local co-op PS3 game?

ShadowSage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Anyone have any recommendations for local co-op PS3 games?

We prefer action/rpgs - we just breezed through Dungeon Siege III and are looking for a new game to tackle. We've already played Sacred 2, LOTR: War of the North and Borderlands with all the DLC earlier this year.

-dead nation
-Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
-resident evil 5
-Awesomenauts
-World Gone Sour
-LittleBigPlanet 2
-The Simpsons
-Spare Parts

Borderlands is the best. Download willow tree save editor and try different characters on 2nd play-through with modded guns. Should mix it up enough that you can get some extended play out of it.

Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One is great if you like co-op action/pseudo-platformers/shooting robots with obnoxious weapons.

Army of Two is good if you like third-person shooters.

Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom has co-op hack-and-slash dungeon-crawling gameplay, but has mediocre reviews (58 on Metacritic). I haven't played it, so I can't really comment on the quality beyond pointing out the Metacritic score.

Awesomenauts is a good co-op side-scrolling MOBA.

Thanks for the quick responses - she already played Tales of Grace without me, so that's not an option anymore. We did play Eternal Sonata together though. Really never got into the Lego games, tried out the original star wars series back on the xbox - unless the gameplay has drastically changed, we might give it a pass. I have Hunted on my 360 and we'll play it eventually.

Haven't checked out the PSN titles before, so thanks for the list, we'll check them out. Resident Evil 5 might be a tough sell - I remember we had a terrible time playing the demo awhile back.

Dead Island doens't offer local co-op, which is a real shame because I too enjoyed the game.

[quote name='Josh1billion']Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One is great if you like co-op action/pseudo-platformers/shooting robots with obnoxious weapons.

Army of Two is good if you like third-person shooters.

Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom has co-op hack-and-slash dungeon-crawling gameplay, but has mediocre reviews (58 on Metacritic). I haven't played it, so I can't really comment on the quality beyond pointing out the Metacritic score.

Awesomenauts is a good co-op side-scrolling MOBA.[/QUOTE]

Came across Untold Legends in my search as well and as you mentioned, the reviews were middling at best - anyone play the game and offer any insight to it's gameplay?

[quote name='DurbanBrown']dead island is like borderlands plus zombies. i liked it alot

edit: not actually sure about the local co-op...[/QUOTE]
Except that the PS3 version of Dead Island freezes about every 2 hours or so. My one buddy(from CAG/PSN) and I played this game via online co-op and I counted at least 10-12 instances where it froze solidly on us.:roll:

[quote name='IanKazimer']Dunno if you guys would like beat 'em ups at all, but my girlfriend and I both loved the Scott Pilgrim PSN title. Great art and music too.[/QUOTE]

Second this, Scott Pilgrim is incredibly fun.

Thanks again for all the suggestions - going to go with Scott Pilgrim PSN title as our next game - never read the manga, but we both really enjoyed the movie.

Played trough Untold Legends and don't play it unless this is one of your only options. I really can't understand why people consider this a 'decent' hack and slash.

Dungeon Defenders, it takes a bit to understand but once you get goin youll whoop thr games ass. Actually surprised nobody else posted this

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Except that the PS3 version of Dead Island freezes about every 2 hours or so. My one buddy(from CAG/PSN) and I played this game via online co-op and I counted at least 10-12 instances where it froze solidly on us.:roll:[/QUOTE]

Never had that problem either, especially with a PS3 that's had freezing issues in the past that never resolved.

bread's done
Back