Recommend a secret folder thingy

AzianAsspicker

CAGiversary!
does any1 know of a program that lets you store files and/or folders into a program that asks you for a password before you get to see it... I don't want family knowing that i'm a pirate... and also if you search for that file it doesnt come up with windows search?

You can get a nice prog called DScrypt. If you search for "46 best freeware" utilities in google, there's a page with them listed and it is on there.

I don't know if there's a size limit, but I use it to secure files and folders. Very small file, you can keep it on USB drives and things. You open it up and set it to "encrypt" mode (which is does by default) and drag files. You give it a password, confirm it, and then it's secure. You open up the program again and change it to "decrypt" mode, drag the file, put in the password, and it's back to normal.

Again, I dunno if it can handle multiple gigs worth, but it handles my small text files with ease. I assume it can do the same with larger stuff but I dunno.

Give it shot.

why not make the files hidden for free via windows? then when you need to see the files in the folder click view, then view hidden files. how about that?

Ummm....... if your father or mother or whoever runs across a folder that they think is yours and it says "password protected", don't you think they're gonna start questioning you?

[quote name='alonzomourning23']Ummm....... if your father or mother or whoever runs across a folder that they think is yours and it says "password protected", don't you think they're gonna start questioning you?[/QUOTE]
Not if is in the folder is in C:\Windows\System32\oobe\html\mouse\images folder. Noone ever checks there! :D

[quote name='alonzomourning23']Why don't you jsut buy an external hard drive? Or put everything on dvd's or cd's?[/QUOTE]
because I also want to put the extensions there.. like the limewire icon and the other progs i use to dl music and stuff (i rename all my programs in case some1 tried to catch me pirating)... and if i want to listen to music or watch some movies i don't want to be hooking up the external every single time

[quote name='Michaellvortega']why not make the files hidden for free via windows? then when you need to see the files in the folder click view, then view hidden files. how about that?[/QUOTE]
because if you search and click search hidden files they will show up

bread's done
Back