Recommend me a steak rub for New York Strip Steaks.

randomevent

CAGiversary!
Feedback
68 (100%)
In celebration of the new George Foreman grill I bought today (the G5 one), I've decided to cook up some New York Strips and see how the grill does on the job. So, can anyone recommend me a good steak rub that I can buy at my local grocery store?

On a George foreman grill!?

fuck that shit, Cast Iron skillet or fuck IT!.

*otherwise, Kosher salt, coarse black pepper, Garlic granules, and some form of all-spice or adobo.

I dont usually use rubs, Its best to cook a steak in a skillet, throw a little bit of liquor in it, and some salt and pepper, and pop it in the oven for a minute or two and eat that shit rare.

Yep, I agree with everybody else, some salt and pepper and maybe some garlic powder or a couple of other spices. But definitely not on the George Foreman grill.

Keep it simple.. salt and pepper. Maybe it's the Asian in me, but I like tenderizing the meat a liittle with some sesame oil and light soy sauce before patting it down with the salt and pepper.

get some apricot jam or puree, soy sauce (go easy but not too easy with it), brown sugar or honey, salt, pepper, garlic--mix it all together, i usually throw some crushed red pepper too, but thats up to you...
.marinate it in that..while grilling brush the marinade over it..

It's been my experience that most any type of rub, pepper, or seasoning you put on a steak, then on a george foreman grill, tends to stick to the grill and not to the meat itself. You then get this charred mess of nasty that is stuck on the grill and not on your steak. I wouldn't recommend anything but maybe some salt, if that, at least for a George Foreman. If you were on a regular grill, it might be a different story however.

Sports Authority had this grill last time i was there that i thought was ind of cool. Was built like a basic round charcoal grill, but had an electric burner under the grill as the heat source. Was the size of a medium sized outdoor grill. Wondered if it cooked any better than a forman grill.

you rub your meat?

i prefer to stick mine in something nice and wet.

2 Tbsp worcesterhire sauce
2 Tbsp soy sauce
4 tsp chili powder
4 tsp minced garlic
1 1/2 tsp meat tenderizer
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp oregano
2 cups water

pound steaks to 3/4 inch thick