Recommendations for Gaming Keyboard and Mouse

I really like the Logitech G5 laser mouse. It's $40 on newegg right now. As for a keyboard, I always just go with something cheap (under $20) since I don't really see the advantage of having a high end Logitech or Saitek keyboard.

[quote name='DrFoo']I really like the Logitech G5 laser mouse. It's $40 on newegg right now. As for a keyboard, I always just go with something cheap (under $20) since I don't really see the advantage of having a high end Logitech or Saitek keyboard.[/quote]The G5 is the best gaming mouse that money can buy.

Also use a G15 here, as well as an MX500, which is the older version of the current G5. Been using that for like 7 years. If the G5 is any indication, def go for it.

For awhile I use the MX 3100 keyboard and mouse combo, but I didn't like the feel of the keys on my keyboard, so I switched to the cheapest Logitech USB keyboard that I can find. The MX 3100 mouse is pretty good. The feel and the weight were what I was looking for.

Now, I use that keyboard and MX 510 mouse, which is also a great mouse as well.

[quote name='vhgong']It seems a lot of you like the G5......what about the Razer?[/quote]

I purchased a Razer from Woot.com a few years back and love it. Precision, blue lighting (to match the excessive blue glow from my tower) and just enough buttons (two on either side + the scroll wheel). My keyboard is a standard black one from Dell. Very minimalist and durable.

I use a Nostromo n52 speedpad, so I rarely end up using the keyboard in FPS games. I'm kinda lazy with it, but the n52 allows you to program complex macros, control states, etc. It's perfect for really complex shooters like PlanetSide.

The Razer should be good too but the G5 has a couple advantages over it: You can change DPI on the fly and you can change the weight of the mouse with included weights and a weight tray that you slide into the bottom of the mouse. I highly recommend it if you are serious about gaming. For a keyboard I would go with anything really unless you are into MMOs then you might want to get a fancy G15 so you can use those extra macro buttons, but otherwise there is really no use for the extra expense and the LCD looks like a gimmick, IMO. Just get a nice mouse and a standard keyboard and you will be set.

I dont like the form factor of the Razor stuff. Thats just me though.

I use a X518 and a G11. The g11 was free, otherwise, any normal keyboard would work. Unless you must have back lit keys.

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']EluminX keyboard, don't have a suggestion for mouse since I use a trackball and most people hate them.[/quote]

What kind of trackball do you use? My ex-roommate used one for gaming and he loved it. I was thinking about getting one tool.

i found Lachesis at bestbuy about a month ago for about $50 (someone had returned it and opened the package but everything was inside and it was in mint condition
the keyboard i just bought a few minutes ago is razer tarantula gaming keyboard, bought it off of amazon new.
i was thinking about buying the G15 but i read some reviews about the keys being much more responsive on the Tarantula

i have the Microsoft sidewinder mouse and keyboard and i love the low profile keys. Much better than my G15 i still have that i put back in its box since im using this one.

I have a Razer Lachesis mouse and love it. It has all the bells and whistles a gaming mouse should have. It doesn't have adjustable weight though, not a big deal at all to me but might be for others. I use a Saitek Eclipse keyboard. I really can't recommend it enough, especially with how cheap you can get them now.

I'm probably going to pick up the Logitech Cordless Desktop Wave Pro for my next mouse/keyboard. Comes with the MX 1100 mouse.

I use the Original Microsoft Sidewinder mouse (Not the X5.) I have big hands, so it fits better than the Razer Lachesis (Which is made for people that grip mouses with their fingers, more than their palms.).

I'm running a G15 for keyboard though.

Does anyone have any experience with the numpad/FPS style keyboards? I do all my PC gaming on a laptop and am interested in these for their portability but would like to get feedback on anyone who has tried them out.

[quote name='retroNutZ']Does anyone have any experience with the numpad/FPS style keyboards? I do all my PC gaming on a laptop and am interested in these for their portability but would like to get feedback on anyone who has tried them out.[/QUOTE]

I think you are talking about an n52 or G13? I use an N52 and I really like using it over a keyboard. I don’t think a keyboard is very well set up for the left hand control used in most games. The N52 has less buttons and therefore is less confusing in frantic situations, but it also has a lot of buttons that are more conveniently placed. It has a d-pad that you can use for movement or assign each direction to any command you want like weapon switching. You can customize each button and set up macros to accomplish multiple button presses in one. I found this pretty useful for MMORPG’s. I haven’t used the G13, but I’ve read good things about it, I’ve thought about switching to that eventually.

You could probably get the N52 pretty cheap now. I remember reading that people had some issues with the newer N52te, but I can't remember what.

bread's done
Back