Recommendations for usenet/newsfeed providers?

GuilewasNK

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
I am fed up with Earthlink's incomplete messages and binaries for this past year. I was wondering if any of you might have any good providers you would recommend?

[quote name='GuilewasNK']SO far the best one seems to be Giganews. Anyone else use them?[/QUOTE]

I've been a Giganews user for two years now. Well worth it. :D

Alrighty, I signed with Giganews. Anyone tried the SSL service they provide? I decided to get the Diamond service. I use Xnews so they said I have to use the Stunnel program to take advantage of SSL.

If you're looking for something cheaper I'd recommend Newshosting. I've been using them for almost 3 years now and they've been great. They don't have Giganews' amazing 90 day retention(I think it's more like 45-50 days) but the service is still great and it's only $15/month for unlimited downloads. In all the time I've used the service I can count the number of issues(downtime) I've come across with them on one hand.

[quote name='Mojimbo']If you're looking for something cheaper I'd recommend Newshosting. I've been using them for almost 3 years now and they've been great. They don't have Giganews' amazing 90 day retention(I think it's more like 45-50 days) but the service is still great and it's only $15/month for unlimited downloads. In all the time I've used the service I can count the number of issues(downtime) I've come across with them on one hand.[/QUOTE]

I'll second that. I've been using them for about 1.5 years - fantastic service and cheap.

[quote name='Mojimbo']If you're looking for something cheaper I'd recommend Newshosting. I've been using them for almost 3 years now and they've been great. They don't have Giganews' amazing 90 day retention(I think it's more like 45-50 days) but the service is still great and it's only $15/month for unlimited downloads. In all the time I've used the service I can count the number of issues(downtime) I've come across with them on one hand.[/quote]

Sounds pretty good. If I need to reduce my cost I'll give them a try. For now I'll go with Giganews at least for a few months.

bread's done
Back