Record of Agarest War Naughty Edition for Xbox 360 - $56.57 (price drop)

[quote name='dtcarson']Agreed. Boxes are meant to protect the things inside, and once I open this, the box will probably go in a closet somewhere. And game+3 bonuses in a "naughty" edition is a lot better than game + bonuses in a "legendary" edition for twice the price.[/QUOTE]

Most things are better in naughty editions ;)

Yeah I have a lot of game nerd crap and some other stuff on display in my room but this box...half naked anime chicks are one thing I draw the line at. Not because I have any problems, but that's a wee bit out there for anyone else. Call me insecure I guess :) My box is going somewhere in the closet too.

C'mon guys, let's not make this thread is the "let's b***h about the box & hate on anime" thread. So... who here has actually played the game instead of buying to collect, resell, or stuff in their closet?

2010-04-29204736.jpg

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']C'mon guys, let's not make this thread is the "let's b***h about the box & hate on anime" thread. So... who here has actually played the game instead of buying to collect, resell, or stuff in their closet?[/QUOTE]

It'll be the next thing I play after I finish with finals and Sakura Wars. (So, 3 weeks?)

...I love SRPGs. :bouncy:

[quote name='KillerRamen']It'll be the next thing I play after I finish with finals and Sakura Wars. (So, 3 weeks?)

...I love SRPGs. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Me too, and I really want to play Sakura Wars... guess I'll have to dig out my PS2 or hijack my girlfriend's Wii. :lol:

[quote name='KillerRamen']I think Askys said that the PSN version is going to be cheaper will have save free DLC while the :360: version is going to have the boobie mousepad. (So I think that means the :360: DLC is going to cost space dollars)

..also,

picture.php

A comparison shot of the Record of Agarest War to the Metroid Prime Trilogy and Lunar limited editions for anyone wondering about how big this thing is.[/QUOTE]

Wow. It looks too perfectly mint to open :whistle2:#

Fire_Thief got a perfect mint copy too. Envy!

Did you order from amazon or GS?

got mine via psn for a mear $9 shared, plus I was a jack ass and emailed aksys saying I had defective stuff, so I am now getting a free boobie mouse pad and pillow case as well.

~diaries of a cheap ass gamer~

^
WTF. Why are you bragging your twisted theme here? Game sharing is ok but scamming Aksys for something that you didn't actually own? You were a jack ass!

Yeah, that's seriously not cool, in my opinion. At least pay for it if you wanted the goodies. By the way, you are aware that someone from Aksys Games posts here, right?

Any word on them releasing a game only version without the goodies down the road? I know they did it with BlazBlue but it was a month later.

[quote name='phantasyx']got mine via psn for a mear $9 shared, plus I was a jack ass and emailed aksys saying I had defective stuff, so I am now getting a free boobie mouse pad and pillow case as well.

~diaries of a cheap ass gamer~[/QUOTE]

You are exactly what's wrong with society.

[quote name='phantasyx']got mine via psn for a mear $9 shared, plus I was a jack ass and emailed aksys saying I had defective stuff, so I am now getting a free boobie mouse pad and pillow case as well.

You were right by saying you were a jackass. :roll:

Jackass, thief, and liar.
I'd like to see people who brag about thievery banned from here.

My box is going in a closet/lower shelf somewhere. I definitely am going to play the game - I have been looking forward to a good SRPG, and hope this is that. I didnt open/start it last night because it was late and I don't like starting new games when I don't have a decent bit of time to play.
I like anime, I even like some fanservice, it's just so unsubtle on this case.

Oh, btw, I think it's really cool that someone from Aksys reads/posts here and gives/receives feedback.

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing is really irking me about this game. Would Aksys or MS please, please, PLEASE for the love of god put the cover art for the game up on XBL so I don't have a freaking generic green Xbox live game cover placement in my recently played games list.

Now, you've just made it more difficult for people with legitimate problems with their LE to get replacements. Don't worry though, you'll be thoroughly mocked and ridiculed on our website for your trouble.

[quote name='kanedags']Now, you've just made it more difficult for people with legitimate problems with their LE to get replacements. Don't worry though, you'll be thoroughly mocked and ridiculed on our website for your trouble.[/QUOTE]I don't think he would have mentioned what he did if he really cared what others thought of it.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']I don't think he would have mentioned what he did if he really cared what others thought of it.[/QUOTE]

It's ok, it's more for our own amusement since we don't take ourselves too seriously. (See Record of Agarest War :p) Unfortunately, I wasn't kidding about making it harder for people to get replacement stuff.

[quote name='eau']Wow. It looks too perfectly mint to open :whistle2:#

Fire_Thief got a perfect mint copy too. Envy!

Did you order from amazon or GS?[/QUOTE]

Amazon, but it's not mint. The other side has a crease. :cry:

[quote name='kanedags']It's ok, it's more for our own amusement since we don't take ourselves too seriously. (See Record of Agarest War :p) Unfortunately, I wasn't kidding about making it harder for people to get replacement stuff.[/QUOTE]

Easy to get through this, just request pictures of both receipt and the defective product next time.

[quote name='dinobot']Easy to get through this, just request pictures of both receipt and the defective product next time.[/QUOTE]

Right. It just sucks since customers will have to go through all that now instead of just relying on the honor system.

You, sir, are a thief and a douche.

[quote name='kanedags']Right. It just sucks since customers will have to go through all that now instead of just relying on the honor system.[/QUOTE]

Everyone's asking for replacement mousepads and stuff, any chance of replacement boxes?

Hey, Kanedag I have a question for you.

I got this game and I'm near the end of generation one and I have experience some sound problems with game. Sometimes when I enter a stage the music will suddenly disappear for no apparent reason. I never even meddle with the options. It seem like the only way to counter this problem is to reload the game or soft reset. I faced this problem several times during the course of my play through. I was wonder is this problem a glitch already there in NTSC-Japan before the localization, I got a bum disc during the production phase or added glitch during the localization such as some NIS games?

[quote name='rainking187']Everyone's asking for replacement mousepads and stuff, any chance of replacement boxes?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, we don't have spare boxes to go around at the moment, but if we get some in there'll probably be a nominal shipping charge. I'll let you guys know.

[quote name='fatbeer']Hey, Kanedag I have a question for you.

I got this game and I'm near the end of generation one and I have experience some sound problems with game. Sometimes when I enter a stage the music will suddenly disappear for no apparent reason. I never even meddle with the options. It seem like the only way to counter this problem is to reload the game or soft reset. I faced this problem several times during the course of my play through. I was wonder is this problem a glitch already there in NTSC-Japan before the localization, I got a bum disc during the production phase or added glitch during the localization such as some NIS games?[/QUOTE]

This is the first I've ever heard of this problem (and I lurk at alot of boards) but that sounds like something that would be fairly easy to catch in QA. Can you tell me what stages this occurs on, console and version you are playing on?

[quote name='kanedags']This is the first I've ever heard of this problem (and I lurk at alot of boards) but that sounds like something that would be fairly easy to catch in QA. Can you tell me what stages this occurs on, console and version you are playing on?[/QUOTE]

No particular stage. It just happens randomly at a very low chance rating. When I play one of boss stages and the music suddenly disappear. So I beat the stage and save the game. When I replay the stage so I can better items from overkills and choosing a correct choice for true path, I never experienced problem on second fight. I lurk on other message boards as well and it seem like I'm the only one experiencing this problem.

[quote name='fatbeer']No particular stage. It just happens randomly at a very low chance rating. When I play one of boss stages and the music suddenly disappear. So I beat the stage and save the game. When I replay the stage so I can better items from overkills and choosing a correct choice for true path, I never experienced problem on second fight. I lurk on other message boards as well and it seem like I'm the only one experiencing this problem.[/QUOTE]

So it happens randomly or just on the first battle?

Ive never noticed any sound dropping out for me, and I'm halfway through third generation.

[quote name='phantasyx']got mine via psn for a mear $9 shared, plus I was a jack ass and emailed aksys saying I had defective stuff, so I am now getting a free boobie mouse pad and pillow case as well. [/QUOTE]

What the hell is wrong with you?

Actually I've had this problem too where either the music, the voiceover or both just stop playing. It usually happens after saving or loading up as save. But it does happen randomly during regular gameplay as well. It's not frequent, but it has done it several times and I've put about 20 hours into it. The only way to fix this is to quit out to the dashboard and reboot the game.

I'm using the mouse pad right now. The boobies sure are comfortable :oops:

I still haven't played the game. I don't know if I ever will. I haven't touched my 360 in like four months.

does anyone know if this game is region code free? I have a JP xbox 360 and would love to get this game with english translation =/

[quote name='flamerhino']does anyone know if this game is region code free? I have a JP xbox 360 and would love to get this game with english translation =/[/QUOTE]
I'm read that Aksys had confirmed that it was region locked, but a user on their forums said that it worked on their JP 360. Don't know how reliable this info is.

[quote name='fatbeer']No particular stage. It just happens randomly at a very low chance rating. When I play one of boss stages and the music suddenly disappear. So I beat the stage and save the game. When I replay the stage so I can better items from overkills and choosing a correct choice for true path, I never experienced problem on second fight. I lurk on other message boards as well and it seem like I'm the only one experiencing this problem.[/QUOTE]

Just wondering, did you install the game on a hard drive? Sometimes that's been known to cause sync problems.

[quote name='kanedags']Unfortunately, we don't have spare boxes to go around at the moment, but if we get some in there'll probably be a nominal shipping charge. I'll let you guys know.

This is the first I've ever heard of this problem (and I lurk at alot of boards) but that sounds like something that would be fairly easy to catch in QA. Can you tell me what stages this occurs on, console and version you are playing on?[/QUOTE]

I would suggest you think about shipping those for free given how awful the boxes you sold us are. I'm sorry, but for $60 (by your own pricing scheme on the PS3, it's clear you know the game is really only worth $45 on its own), I expect you guys to make an effort and actually prepare higher quality packaging. A thicker box would have cost very little money. This is a "collector's edition", not a "big cheap dented box edition". I would have preferred a nicer box to the juvenile and useless mousepad.

[quote name='bojay1997']I would have preferred a nicer box to the juvenile and useless mousepad.[/QUOTE]

Hey, don't knock the mouse pad! It's nice :)

[quote name='bojay1997']I would suggest you think about shipping those for free given how awful the boxes you sold us are. I'm sorry, but for $60 (by your own pricing scheme on the PS3, it's clear you know the game is really only worth $45 on its own), I expect you guys to make an effort and actually prepare higher quality packaging. A thicker box would have cost very little money. This is a "collector's edition", not a "big cheap dented box edition". I would have preferred a nicer box to the juvenile and useless mousepad.[/QUOTE]

First of all, it is a LIMITED edition, not a Collector's Edition (though you are certainly free to collect it).

I would expect (or at least hope) that a Collector's Edition would come in the sort of packaging (and shipping) that is intended to preserve and enhance its collectability.

But a Limited Edition doesn't (or shouldn't) have the same expectations. Basically, you are buying the game at the "normal" price and are getting some free bonus items for a limited time. Everything in the box should be in undamaged condition. But if the box does get slightly dented, so what...it served its purpose of getting the items inside to you in an undamaged condition.

As far as the pricing of the PS3 download-only version representing the "real" value of the game itself...I would disagree with you and say that the lower download-only price reflects an appropriate discount for games that are downloaded and can't be resold. True, other games don't always offer a lower price for download versions, but in my opinion they should.

But your complaining about the quality of the box while bitching about the "juvenile and useless mouse pad" contained in the box sounds a lot like someong saying "The food in this place sucks and the portions are too small!"

If you are really so unhappy, why not just wait for the non-limited edition to come out in the standard plastic game case...and probably at a discounted price in a few months?

[quote name='DarkonJohn']As far as the pricing of the PS3 download-only version representing the "real" value of the game itself...I would disagree with you and say that the lower download-only price reflects an appropriate discount for games that are downloaded and can't be resold. True, other games don't always offer a lower price for download versions, but in my opinion they should.[/QUOTE]

QFT. I don't like download-only games, and won't buy them if I have any other option. But if a game is download-only, I expect it to be cheaper than a physical copy of the game would be. There are no manufacturing costs, no warehousing costs, no inventory costs, lower distribution costs, etc. involved in a download-only game. So why should it cost me as much?

Kudos to Aksys for recognizing this and pricing it appropriately. Like I said, I'll still go for physical media whenever possible (and therefore did in this case), but it's good to see a company recognizing that a download-only option should be cheaper.

Though I will say that I am a little miffed about the "free DLC for the PS3 version only" part of things . . .

[quote name='DarkonJohn']First of all, it is a LIMITED edition, not a Collector's Edition (though you are certainly free to collect it).

I would expect (or at least hope) that a Collector's Edition would come in the sort of packaging (and shipping) that is intended to preserve and enhance its collectability.

But a Limited Edition doesn't (or shouldn't) have the same expectations. Basically, you are buying the game at the "normal" price and are getting some free bonus items for a limited time. Everything in the box should be in undamaged condition. But if the box does get slightly dented, so what...it served its purpose of getting the items inside to you in an undamaged condition.

As far as the pricing of the PS3 download-only version representing the "real" value of the game itself...I would disagree with you and say that the lower download-only price reflects an appropriate discount for games that are downloaded and can't be resold. True, other games don't always offer a lower price for download versions, but in my opinion they should.

But your complaining about the quality of the box while bitching about the "juvenile and useless mouse pad" contained in the box sounds a lot like someong saying "The food in this place sucks and the portions are too small!"

If you are really so unhappy, why not just wait for the non-limited edition to come out in the standard plastic game case...and probably at a discounted price in a few months?[/QUOTE]

Collector's edition is identical to limited edition. Publishers use both terms to mean the same thing. It seems like you just negated your own argument. Why would the non-limited edition be cheaper if what everyone is really paying $60 for is the game? Obviously, most of us bought this not because of the game, but because of the included items. If I had known the box was going to be garbage, I probably wouldn't have purchased this at full price as I have no use for a mouse pad and pillow case. I would have waited or just skipped it all together. Aksys can't have it both ways. Either they are going to step up and provide value for money or they are going to keep releasing cheap limited editions like this and Mimana. Personally, I'm not going to keep pre-ordering and supporting them if this is their idea of quality and value for money.

[quote name='bojay1997'] Why would the non-limited edition be cheaper if what everyone is really paying $60 for is the game? [/QUOTE]

Because it is a pretty well-proven fact that games go down in price the longer they have been out. Sometimes the list price goes down and sometimes they are more heavily discounted. So if the non-limited edition comes out later, it will eventually be sold at a lower price than the limited edition...which is way I said "at a discounted pice IN A FEW MONTHS"

As to saying that Limited Edition = Collector's Edition, they are absolutely not the same thing.

Limited Edition means that the number of units manufactured is limited to a certain number and no more are produced after those are sold.

Collector's Edition has no such constraints on the number of units that can be manufactured. If the manufacturer sells out of the initial production run of a Collector's Edition, there is nothing stopping them from producing more.

So while a Limited Edition release can be collected, a Collector's Edition release is not limited.

Collectors and Limited are buzzwords, they mean whatever the company wants them to mean. There's nothing preventing a company from rereleasing a Never-Again Limited Edition [I'm looking at you Shout Factory]. Limited does generally mean that its a version or configuration that is limited in scope [of course, technically, even Halo 3 was limited - maybe to six million copies, but there's still a limit].
Something's worth what someone will pay for it. It's possible RoAW will have some huge collectors market in six months, with people paying 120 for it, but I'm not betting the farm on it.

Even without the LE contents, if a game is released on disk for 60, and download only for 45, you're paying that premium for the media it's on and the right to resell [as long as we still have that right]. I would never pay "full" price for a download-only game, unless they allowed some sort of license transfer.

And the cardboard box isn't that bad, and the game does come with a nice sturdy box - it's that green thing that holds both the cases and the [apparently very in depth entertaining] full color manual as well.

Oh, uh, about the game - I did start it tonight. I'm not very far into it, less than an hour into it [it doesn't appear to have a game timer?], but enjoying it so far. It's got a full little tweaks on the classic SRPG formula that will take some getting used to, but aren't bad at all.

shouldn't this be moved to the general discussion thread now? Not really a deal any longer.

And I was going to purchase it and resell later on but couldn't do it. Don't think it will go for much more then it is now.

[quote name='bojay1997']Collector's edition is identical to limited edition. Publishers use both terms to mean the same thing. It seems like you just negated your own argument. Why would the non-limited edition be cheaper if what everyone is really paying $60 for is the game? Obviously, most of us bought this not because of the game, but because of the included items. If I had known the box was going to be garbage, I probably wouldn't have purchased this at full price as I have no use for a mouse pad and pillow case. I would have waited or just skipped it all together. Aksys can't have it both ways. Either they are going to step up and provide value for money or they are going to keep releasing cheap limited editions like this and Mimana. Personally, I'm not going to keep pre-ordering and supporting them if this is their idea of quality and value for money.[/QUOTE]

So why did you buy the limited edition, which apparently people only buy because they want the stuff that comes with it, if you have no desire to keep or to use the extras...?

[quote name='Ibramgaunt249']So why did you buy the limited edition, which apparently people only buy because they want the stuff that comes with it, if you have no desire to keep or to use the extras...?[/QUOTE]

I thought it would have a nice box. Aksys didn't bother to put on their Amazon pre-order listing that they were going to just throw the game in the world's thinnest box. Live and learn with my mistakes I guess. I'm sorry, I just find it really offensive that an Aksys employee is saying that if they bother to get any replacement boxes in, they are going to require people to pay to fix their mistake. Kinda reminds me of on Blaz Blue when people pre-ordered at GS and were not given the art book. Supposedly GS didn't get enough from Aksys who controlled the allocation. Cut to a few weeks later and Aksys is selling these free premiums on their site and at conventions. That just rubbed me the wrong way as someone who actually pre-ordered and paid full price and didn't get the book.

[quote name='FlameOnMe']So it happens randomly or just on the first battle?

Ive never noticed any sound dropping out for me, and I'm halfway through third generation.[/QUOTE]

Wow, your in third generation for this game. I'm play this game on hard mode, so things are bit slower for me. It's not like the game is hard and I barely level grind for this game. In fact, I find most of battles pretty easy if you actually use "strategy" for this game and properly move your units in correct position. It just take a lot to take down one enemy and ruin my rank. I really have no idea what's the difference in stats or experience net between normal and hard difficulty. There's no way in hell I can relay on stupid AI to auto battle for me. They die instantly. I have to eliminate enough to feel comfortable that AI auto won't screw up and pay the hefty revival cost.

[quote name='Fighterspledge']Actually I've had this problem too where either the music, the voiceover or both just stop playing. It usually happens after saving or loading up as save. But it does happen randomly during regular gameplay as well. It's not frequent, but it has done it several times and I've put about 20 hours into it. The only way to fix this is to quit out to the dashboard and reboot the game.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad that I'm not the only one experiencing this problem.

[quote name='djduke316']Just wondering, did you install the game on a hard drive? Sometimes that's been known to cause sync problems.[/QUOTE]

I never install this game to my hard drive.

[quote name='bojay1997']Collector's edition is identical to limited edition. Publishers use both terms to mean the same thing.[/QUOTE]
No, Limited means limited, Collector's means collectible, which in some-to-most cases implies limited as well. Just because something is limited, doesn't mean it's collectible... there's a limited supply of PS3s at the moment, they're certainly not collectible.

[quote name='bojay1997']It seems like you just negated your own argument. Why would the non-limited edition be cheaper if what everyone is really paying $60 for is the game?[/QUOTE]
Have no idea what you're spouting off here. Once this LE run has been sold out, if another run of Agarest is needed, Aksys is going to only print the game only, without the box or extras, and sell it at the same price. Same idea as with BB.

[quote name='bojay1997']Obviously, most of us bought this not because of the game, but because of the included items.[/QUOTE]
What, really? I, like most gamers and not lame value collectors, bought this to play the game. The bonuses like the mousepad and pillowcase are just that: bonuses that compelled me to buy it sooner rather than later at a used/discounted price.

[quote name='bojay1997']If I had known the box was going to be garbage, I probably wouldn't have purchased this at full price as I have no use for a mouse pad and pillow case.[/QUOTE]
But yes, I bought this game at $60 because of the additional included items, not because of the box. I would not pay $60 for just a more sturdy cardboard box, although it seems that in your case a sturdy box is worth more than bonus items like mousepads and pillowcases. :roll:

[quote name='bojay1997']I just find it really offensive that an Aksys employee is saying that if they bother to get any replacement boxes in, they are going to require people to pay to fix their mistake.[/QUOTE]
You're paying shipping. That is not such a big deal. When my GFX card broke, I had to pay shipping to send it back to the company and they send a new one. That is a standard procedure. Not all companies can afford to be magnanimous, especially if they're not a large corporation.

[quote name='bojay1997']Kinda reminds me of on Blaz Blue when people pre-ordered at GS and were not given the art book. Supposedly GS didn't get enough from Aksys who controlled the allocation. Cut to a few weeks later and Aksys is selling these free premiums on their site and at conventions. That just rubbed me the wrong way as someone who actually pre-ordered and paid full price and didn't get the book.[/QUOTE]
Oh I get it now. You're bitter. That explains everything!

Here I thought I was dealing with a seriously disappointed customer, but instead I am dealing with a bitter collector who is expressing his dissatisfaction in an attempt to rub the right people the wrong way to make amends for him.

Ever thought that Aksys did run out of the intial shipment for the art book for GS stores when the game came out, only to be encouraged to do a reprint because fans demanded it? How were they supposed to get the reprint that was made after the game was released into people's hands? There's no point in giving it back to GS, because everyone already picked up their orders. It's infeasible to individually sent them out to people who didn't get one, so wouldn't it be easiest to make it accessible to everyone who wants one and cover the costs of it at the same time? That way Aksys can afford a reprint, fans have another chance to get the artbook, and everyone is happy.

Everyone except you, that is.

I'd be pissed too if I paid in full for something only to not get the full product (or set of products in this case) that was expressly advertised. What exactly prevented Aksys from printing the correct number of copies of the artbook in the first place? Probably not much beyond them just not wanting to take the effort to get an accurate sales/preorder count. If they happened to overshoot they could still sell the extras like they did for those who didn't preorder like they did afterwards.

Your graphics card analogy doesn't really work here: it was (hopefully) a complete and fully functional product, complete with accessories, at the time of purchase and happened to become defective for any number of reasons afterward; in this case BlazBlue was knowingly shipped missing something that should've come with it before it ever even left the warehouse/factory.

[quote name='fatbeer']Wow, your in third generation for this game. I'm play this game on hard mode, so things are bit slower for me. It's not like the game is hard and I barely level grind for this game. In fact, I find most of battles pretty easy if you actually use "strategy" for this game and properly move your units in correct position. It just take a lot to take down one enemy and ruin my rank. I really have no idea what's the difference in stats or experience net between normal and hard difficulty. There's no way in hell I can relay on stupid AI to auto battle for me. They die instantly. I have to eliminate enough to feel comfortable that AI auto won't screw up and pay the hefty revival cost.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one experiencing this problem.

I never install this game to my hard drive.[/QUOTE]

Oh trust me, you will grind. You must not be to the general boss battles yet, otherwise you haven't experienced the hell that is hard mode and this game's great "surprise" battles...

[quote name='artego']No, Limited means limited, Collector's means collectible, which in some-to-most cases implies limited as well. Just because something is limited, doesn't mean it's collectible... there's a limited supply of PS3s at the moment, they're certainly not collectible.

Have no idea what you're spouting off here. Once this LE run has been sold out, if another run of Agarest is needed, Aksys is going to only print the game only, without the box or extras, and sell it at the same price. Same idea as with BB.

What, really? I, like most gamers and not lame value collectors, bought this to play the game. The bonuses like the mousepad and pillowcase are just that: bonuses that compelled me to buy it sooner rather than later at a used/discounted price.

But yes, I bought this game at $60 because of the additional included items, not because of the box. I would not pay $60 for just a more sturdy cardboard box, although it seems that in your case a sturdy box is worth more than bonus items like mousepads and pillowcases. :roll:

You're paying shipping. That is not such a big deal. When my GFX card broke, I had to pay shipping to send it back to the company and they send a new one. That is a standard procedure. Not all companies can afford to be magnanimous, especially if they're not a large corporation.

Oh I get it now. You're bitter. That explains everything!

Here I thought I was dealing with a seriously disappointed customer, but instead I am dealing with a bitter collector who is expressing his dissatisfaction in an attempt to rub the right people the wrong way to make amends for him.

Ever thought that Aksys did run out of the intial shipment for the art book for GS stores when the game came out, only to be encouraged to do a reprint because fans demanded it? How were they supposed to get the reprint that was made after the game was released into people's hands? There's no point in giving it back to GS, because everyone already picked up their orders. It's infeasible to individually sent them out to people who didn't get one, so wouldn't it be easiest to make it accessible to everyone who wants one and cover the costs of it at the same time? That way Aksys can afford a reprint, fans have another chance to get the artbook, and everyone is happy.

Everyone except you, that is.[/QUOTE]

I don't know what a "value" collector is, but I am a gamer and a collector. To me, a box matters. It apparently matters to a lot of other people here because there are numerous posts here and on other sites brining it up and that's how the whole issue of replacement boxes came up to begin with. I could care less about a mouse pad and a pillow case, but having a neat box on my shelf is important to me.

If your graphics card broke while in the warranty period, shipping should have been free both ways. The fact that you are willing to accept paying for something that should be free is ridiculous. Atlus sent out defective soundtracks with the most recent SMT DS game. They shipped out replacements free of charge even apparently to people who didn't buy the game. That's a company being responsible and appropriate when they screw up.

As for the art book situation, I suppose I could have paid the $10 and shipping for the book. However, I reserved the game months ahead of time and paid full retail. Gamestop told me they even contacted Aksys and were told they couldn't get anymore art books. Then, just two weeks later all of a sudden stacks of art books show up for sale at conventions. So, was Gamestop lying or was Aksys just trying to cash in on demand?

Let's talk about one more example. Aksys just announced they are raising MSRP on their version of the Mad Catz TE sticks for Blaz Blue to $200 not including shipping or tax. What's the justification for that? It's the same damn stick that goes for $130 or less. Why should Blaz Blue fans be charged more for the same item?

My theory is that Aksys could care less about the fans and I'm sorry that I have continued to pre-order their games. I can only imagine what condition Deathsmiles will show up in. I'm sorry if you can't understand my perspective, but the fact that this employee showed up here and admitted that the box was substandard and then mentioned he might be able to replace the boxes for a fee just set me off. Aksys is not some tiny company, they are a legitimate business and they need to learn how to treat their customers and fans.

[quote name='bojay1997']It apparently matters to a lot of other people here because there are numerous posts here and on other sites brining it up[/QUOTE]
The issue with the faulty box is one thing. But you were insinuating that you would have not bought the game if you had known the box would be of poor quality. That's it. It's not a matter of the content, the bonuses or the game, but the UPS guy who tosses around his parcel too hard causing a crease in the packaging is what takes away your sale. That in itself just seemed ridiculous to me.

You could just put the game up by itself and throw away the box and its useless mousepad and pillow case; the actual game case itself should be fine.

[quote name='bojay1997']If your graphics card broke while in the warranty period, shipping should have been free both ways. The fact that you are willing to accept paying for something that should be free is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]
Perhaps you're fortunate to not have to have experienced that, but it's happened with many other companies as well, Aksys definitely has the precedent to do such a thing. Another example: my 360 wireless pad that came with my system was defective, and MS offered to replace it with a new one... provided I mail the defective one back to them first with shipping out of my own pocket. Paying return shipping for these situations is not an uncommon occurrence.

[quote name='bojay1997']Then, just two weeks later all of a sudden stacks of art books show up for sale at conventions. So, was Gamestop lying or was Aksys just trying to cash in on demand?[/QUOTE]
Maybe they were unable to distribute the second run in time to meet the release date and then went with the scenario I outlined above.

And Aksys is some tiny company. If you think Atlus is small, they're probably even smaller.

[quote name='bojay1997']Let's talk about one more example. Aksys just announced they are raising MSRP on their version of the Mad Catz TE sticks for Blaz Blue to $200 not including shipping or tax. What's the justification for that? It's the same damn stick that goes for $130 or less. Why should Blaz Blue fans be charged more for the same item? [/QUOTE]
This I agree with. Charging the old MSRP for the 1st generation TE sticks is rediculous. Although I know the reason why they went with the 1st generation model sticks, charging the full price for it to the customer is silly.

So what am I going to do about it? Not buy it. But to me, all of the other issues have more to do with bad management and bad timing than them deliberately trying to shaft customers.

bread's done
Back