Recovering deleted game saves?

DrNo888

CAGiversary!
Is there any way to recover deleted game saves?
My son deleted all my saves while I let him play the Snakeball demo.
He quit the game and deleted all my saves. He's only three so had no idea what he was doing.

[quote name='DrNo888']Is there any way to recover deleted game saves?
My son deleted all my saves while I let him play the Snakeball demo.
He quit the game and deleted all my saves. He's only three so had no idea what he was doing.[/quote]

Sure, that's his excuse. Mark my words, he knew what he was doing. His deletion of your saves was premeditated for sure. Anyway, as for your problem, I don't think there is any way to recover lost save files, but I'm not as well versed in the workings of the PS3 as some others are. The Mana Knight would probably know.

Nope, I think you're out of luck, but that's also the reason why I backup my saves to a USB stick and throw them in a folder on my computer for safe keeping.

Sigh...

I just checked my email and he apparently added $150 to the wallet and bought Snakeball. It's my fault for not removing the CC info. I was going to get the game for him too after once I got to BBV and get a PSN card.

[quote name='DrNo888']Sigh...

I just checked my email and he apparently added $150 to the wallet and bought Snakeball. It's my fault for not removing the CC info. I was going to get the game for him too after once I got to BBV and get a PSN card.[/quote]
HAHAHAHAH $150 thats fucking epic

I'd erase snakeball and then partake in buying some of the good games. Since you can't get that money back, why not get some good gaming? I recommend these games.

The Last Guy
Wipeout HD
Bionic Commando Rearmed
Siren

That right there will take about 80 dollars of your gaming bucks.

You get so many bonus points for teaching your kid how to read at such a young age. While he really screwed you over by putting $150 in the PSN and deleting your saves, he could not have done both of those things without knowing how to read. I don't know how to recover your saves, but you've got a devil child. Shave his head and see if he has 666 on his head.

It could be worse. I could read at his age, but I was also breaking my mom's ankles and taking apart her crutches.

Depending on how important those saves were to you, I'm sure you could pay someone to recover them for you. I doubt you'd be on CAG though, if money weren't that important to you, though.

At least you have $150 in your wallet, instead of it being spent on stuff you didn't want. It certainly sucks that you can't get a refund but at least it's not a total loss.

Sony thanks your son for the generous contribution. :)

Don't save your password or your credit card information. Is there even a reason for your 3-year old to sign into PSN?

You probably can't get your personal saves back, but you can download other saves by other people from GameFaqs or another site. Many of these saves have everything already unlocked.

I let him played the Snakeball demo. I guess after the demo ends, they ask if you want to purchased. I assumed he just kept hitting "X" and deposited the money since I have the CC info stored on there. Not sure how he manage to put in $150 tho.

BTW, I can't remember my password so can't even change the CC info. Is there a way to reset it?

bread's done
Back