Red Auerbach passes away.

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Never heard of him, but RIP. Sucks that he died 8 days after his birthday[/QUOTE]
Legendary Boston Celtics head coach

Very very sad to hear and this is coming from a Lakers fan. Truly one of the greats. It's very interesting to see how his players played and his coaching. It's definitely recommended to go and take out some cassettes from your library if they have any.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']That sucks, but I'm not surprised. He nearly kicked the bucket earlier this year, I think, but it's sad to see him go. RIP[/quote]

I think he's nearly kicked it for the past 5 years if I'm not mistaken. I remember hearing about how he had gotten sick during one of the Kobe/Shaq championship runs.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I think he's nearly kicked it for the past 5 years if I'm not mistaken. I remember hearing about how he had gotten sick during one of the Kobe/Shaq championship runs.[/quote]
Yeah, but I was specifically talking about this part:

Auerbach was also hospitalized a year ago, but he was soon active again and attended the Celtics' home opener. Asked that night what his thoughts were, he replied in his usual blunt manner: "What goes through your mind is, 'When the hell are we going to win another one? I mean, it's as simple as that."

ESPN kept talking it up in case he actually died during his stay at the hospital.

bread's done
Back