Red Bull / 5 Hour Energy

KMunley

CAGiversary!
I'm looking for a bulk order I suppose. Maybe like 24-50 or so cans. They're overpriced in the stores so I'm hoping for something cheaper.

I'd like either one of these 2 things if possible so any online deal or in store deal would be greatly appreciated.

I got a free Red Bull once and realized it tasted like dolphin piss mixed with 18 cups of sugar. Last one I ever drank, plus I didn't even feel that jazzed up. Is 5hr energy any better?

I agree - that stuff just doesn't work. I drank 2 cans the other night in the car and I still wanted to fall asleep driving.

I have some cases of headshot im slowly going through. If you want a few let me know and pay shipping/a couple bucks and theyre yours.

Kinda like 5hr energy but sweeter.

Why did you choose a dolphin for the piss comment? Plus, imagine how hard it would be to extract said urine, they live underwater! However, def agree with the 18 cups of sugar comment.

always was a firm believer of energy drinks/caffeine. Lately though they havent given me the same jolt in my day. Energy drinks seem to have lost the effect and now just drinking a black coffee or better yet black tea has more of a 'wake up' effect on me at least.

I agree with doodle. Buy Monster. Simply put, it's the bomb.

Also, check out this thing called "Hunid Racks" (100racks.com).

It may be a little expensive but it rocks.

[quote name='Steggy']always was a firm believer of energy drinks/caffeine. Lately though they havent given me the same jolt in my day. Energy drinks seem to have lost the effect and now just drinking a black coffee or better yet black tea has more of a 'wake up' effect on me at least.[/QUOTE]

Your body built up a resistance to caffiene and probably sugar now too.

I'd suggest you go without for two weeks and drink nothing but water. you'll eventually get that 'kick' back.

I get my 5-Hour Energy at Sam's Club. Comes in a 24 pack, cost per bottle is about $1.50, compared to around $3 each in stores.

I got in on the headshot deal and ended up getting 144 bottles for $30. Monster and all that other stuff works but my problem is that I hate the full/bloated feeling I get with those drinks. 5hr energy/headshot/etc are 2-4oz and dont weigh down my stomach.

I was into the energy drinks then stopped drinking them for a while, I was really into amp by mountain dew. Definitely my favorite, but I can never find that in bulk. I was drinking coffee and have been and cut back. I like to mix it up.

Red Bulls are eh, Monster is wayyyy too sweet for me and I have an extremely sweet tooth.

If anyone could find amp that'd be even better.

Thanks for the sams club 24 hour energy I may jump on that. The only thing is I'd somewhat prefer something else, only because I like to actually drink it rather than take it like a shot. Kind of like beer to a shot.

I picked dolphin because it was so far out there. No I haven't actually tasted dolphin piss. Only manatee pee...because it rhymes.

Coffee does the trick to give you pep just fine, and doesn't taste like a monkey's asshole (yes, I've tasted an array of monkey assholes). I don't really understand the whole energy drink thing. The few I've tried tasted terrible, and did nothing in the way of energy. They tend to be exceptionally unhealthy, and the way they're advertised and promoted disgusts me.

/rant.

[quote name='KMunley']I'm looking for a bulk order I suppose. Maybe like 24-50 or so cans. They're overpriced in the stores so I'm hoping for something cheaper.

I'd like either one of these 2 things if possible so any online deal or in store deal would be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

if in sams Club, get a bottle of Liquid Life in the Fitness and diet area, it contains the same, more, or enough of the same vitamins, amino acids, and more than any enery drinks, barely any calories or sugars, will provide more natural energy all day, and you take 1oz a day and it has 32 servings.

1 bottle for $13 that lasts a month, or over sugared expensive as hell crap that can put you in the hospital or stroke you out ( did to me last november while almost shuitting down my kidneys from too much consistant caffeine intake of over 300g - 82g is a high doseage medically ) not too mention will promote natural weight loss, keep you empty caloric intake down, and make ya feel great!

FYI

the massive B vitamins and niacin they add to energy drinks of thousands of percents are worthless, they are all water soluable and anything your body won't use it will piss out ( the off yellow or dark pee you will see ) and the niacin will simply flush the blood cells and enlarge them with increased fluid uptake to your skin causing the " niacin flush " and increased blood flow, rapid heartbeat, and feeling of increased energy.

basically energy drinks are overhyped crap like diet pills nowaday, if you must have one, try the low carb RedJack, great vitamin supplementation and very few sugar carbs and about 60 calories. or get the liquid life or a basic B-Complex vitamin or high potency multivitamin that will increase your energy all day

I think I have around 200 of those 5 hour energy drinks stored here. The niacin flush made me puke a few times, so now they're just sitting here. :roll:

Personal favorite would have to be Full Throttle Blue Demon. Not sure if you can get those in bulk, though.

[quote name='Freemason']if in sams Club, get a bottle of Liquid Life in the Fitness and diet area, it contains the same, more, or enough of the same vitamins, amino acids, and more than any enery drinks, barely any calories or sugars, will provide more natural energy all day, and you take 1oz a day and it has 32 servings.

1 bottle for $13 that lasts a month, or over sugared expensive as hell crap that can put you in the hospital or stroke you out ( did to me last november while almost shuitting down my kidneys from too much consistant caffeine intake of over 300g - 82g is a high doseage medically ) not too mention will promote natural weight loss, keep you empty caloric intake down, and make ya feel great!

FYI

the massive B vitamins and niacin they add to energy drinks of thousands of percents are worthless, they are all water soluable and anything your body won't use it will piss out ( the off yellow or dark pee you will see ) and the niacin will simply flush the blood cells and enlarge them with increased fluid uptake to your skin causing the " niacin flush " and increased blood flow, rapid heartbeat, and feeling of increased energy.

basically energy drinks are overhyped crap like diet pills nowaday, if you must have one, try the low carb RedJack, great vitamin supplementation and very few sugar carbs and about 60 calories. or get the liquid life or a basic B-Complex vitamin or high potency multivitamin that will increase your energy all day[/QUOTE]

oh great... Buzzkill killjoy ^^

at least you can post a link to it.

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=402919

[quote name='Freemason']if in sams Club, get a bottle of Liquid Life in the Fitness and diet area, it contains the same, more, or enough of the same vitamins, amino acids, and more than any enery drinks, barely any calories or sugars, will provide more natural energy all day, and you take 1oz a day and it has 32 servings.

FYI

basically energy drinks are overhyped crap like diet pills nowaday, if you must have one, try the low carb RedJack, great vitamin supplementation and very few sugar carbs and about 60 calories. or get the liquid life or a basic B-Complex vitamin or high potency multivitamin that will increase your energy all day[/QUOTE]

Pfft, health and fitness doesn't mix with being a gamer! GTFO! (kidding!)

I'm gonna look at this liquid life stuff, but you lost me after the first sentence of the second paragraph >_> (not interested in any health-freak diagnosis of soda and the like, no offense intended) Glad you're okay though, that sucks :(

I personally love Monster (See: Avatar) and get it by the case at Sam's. It's nice once in a while, don't really use it for the "energy" part of it, but since regular soda doesn't do anything for me anymore...

There's also coffee Monster, but it gets sickening after a few cans. Not too bad though. Also Sam's USED to have cases at $26, but now they're back up to $30 :( Still a good deal though! One can lasts almost 6 hours for me.

There is no subliminal messaging here. Nope.

FYI

Sounds good maybe i'll check out this liquid life. Thanks.

5 Hour has the texture and aftertaste of robitussin, though it does get the job done. When it comes to my palette, I'd go with Bawls.

lol, i lived the gaming life, believe me, and am no health nut, but i was working overnights 13 hour shifts and was downing about a 12 pack of mellow yellow or vault a night, a 2 liter away from work, and averaged 4 energy drinks ( usually blue demon, Bawls, or the local Caseys 32oz'er ) basically too much causes chemical imbalances in your brain and will and has caused stokes and will kill your kidneys and liver. i was pushing 6'3" and hit 274lbs, after the ER trip i decided to change and as of Jan 1st cut the drinks but found an alternative to the pop and energy drinks so broke down the ingredients list in 5 hour energy and bought the pills and made my own doses mixed with my morning water, juice, whatever.

ive dropped 42lbs, grown an interest in Food Science and Body Building so am going to school as a Food Science Major with Physical and Biotech studies and feel fantastic, am more alert ( in games too ) and found these natural and beneficial uses far outweighed the empty advertising and bad influence these beverages have on the gamer lifestyle which i've lived for almost 30 glorious years now.

[quote name='Freemason']lol, i lived the gaming life, believe me, and am no health nut, but i was working overnights 13 hour shifts and was downing about a 12 pack of mellow yellow or vault a night, a 2 liter away from work, and averaged 4 energy drinks ( usually blue demon, Bawls, or the local Caseys 32oz'er ) basically too much causes chemical imbalances in your brain and will and has caused stokes and will kill your kidneys and liver. i was pushing 6'3" and hit 274lbs, after the ER trip i decided to change and as of Jan 1st cut the drinks but found an alternative to the pop and energy drinks so broke down the ingredients list in 5 hour energy and bought the pills and made my own doses mixed with my morning water, juice, whatever.

ive dropped 42lbs, grown an interest in Food Science and Body Building so am going to school as a Food Science Major with Physical and Biotech studies and feel fantastic, am more alert ( in games too ) and found these natural and beneficial uses far outweighed the empty advertising and bad influence these beverages have on the gamer lifestyle which i've lived for almost 30 glorious years now.[/QUOTE]

A TWELVE PACK!?! and more?! DAMN! And here I was kicking myself for drinking 1-2 cans a day. Hah.

Alright, well, makes more sense now. Glad you managed to get out of the whole soda thing, since most people see it as an addiction. Sounds like you were drinking dangerous amounts too so I don't blame you...

Mmm, monster.

go to some red bull sponsered events such as skate demos, or art shows. lol my friend walked out with like a backpack full of redbull once:D

yeah my doctor figured about 2500 calories a day just in caffeine beverages... takes 3700 calories to produce a pound of fat... so basically anything i was eating over 1200 calories a day was adding some serious junk to my trunk. when i got teh job i was 225 and in less than 3 years gained 50lbs of pure nasty... at 232 now but mostly muscle and just getting rid of the fat % and starting Brazilian Jiu Jitsu ( Gracie style ) that just opennd in a studio here, but yeah i had a serious overconsumption problem and ZERO water intake .. it was seriously all i drank all day everyday.

Good job! I don't think I could make those changes. I'm just not motivated enough. But, am I'm just asking, isn't it 3500 calories? That's what I learned anyway.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Dude, I don't even think my bladder could hold that much. Maybe if I peed like 20 times.[/QUOTE]

youll actually stop peeing as your kidnesy cannot filter the mass chemical barrage, the lack of real water will dehydrate you so bad your body absorbs the left overs your kidneys reject then wreck your liver and bladder. what does come out is a ( at teh worst ) a thick dark orange pee of toxins that were forced through your kidneys. this is what surprised me the most, when i got to the ER, the doc jammed two bags of IV fluid into me, and i was like, " Christ man ive had 200oz to drink today already!! " and he said, " and if we do not flush it out, it might be the last thing you drink. "

so in my $700 visit, 3 blood workups, and 7 hours in teh ER, i got all sorts of education from the medical staff about how they are the devil, after seeing what could happen and that the positive replacements existed, i decided it was time to listen... i actually found it easy to " quit ".. now i just gotta work on the smoking.. sigh. *cough*

Good job! I don't think I could make those changes. I'm just not motivated enough. But, am I'm just asking, isn't it 3500 calories? That's what I learned anyway.

depends on what book or article you read, for my BML and daily caloric needs, it comes out about 3700

I'm glad I read this thread. I've been trying to cut back on sodas and caffeine myself (particularly the latter) lately, and while I'm nowhere near Freemason's level of craziness, I'm a lot more motivated to pull back now. :p

another fun way to cut back is to consider that one can of pop ( Mello yello for example ) is 170 calories with 46g of sugar carbs, to burn not just the calories but the sugar you just got, would cost you about 4 and a half miles on a bike to burn off... i looked at that ( while trying to cut weight ) and said..

5 miles on the bike or just drink water.... hmmmm... made the decision easy for me.. that and being a smoker i couldnt do 5 miles without killing myself trying to prolong my life.. ironic huh?

I am trying to kick the habit again but I get up at 3 every morning and sometimes don't get to sleep til 10 or 11. I drink sugar free red bull or sugar free go fast! I have like 20 amps in my fridge that I got on sale one week and they are just sitting there.

[quote name='keiblerfan69']I am trying to kick the habit again but I get up at 3 every morning and sometimes don't get to sleep til 10 or 11. I drink sugar free red bull or sugar free go fast! I have like 20 amps in my fridge that I got on sale one week and they are just sitting there.[/QUOTE]

Not to pick on you, but figure what is so complicated about your life that requires you to be up 20 hours per day.

I have two kids, a full time job, 20 mile commute and spend lots of time screwing around on the internet, but still get 6-7 hours of sleep per night.

EDIT: Google polyphasic sleep for those of you needing 20 hours of "up" time per day.

my gamer tag is Insomnia Saint lol, i average about 4 hours a night too, also have the 2 kids, class, 13 hour shifts at work, and a red headed Irish wife... i've just grown accustomed to it.

bread's done
Back